• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

howard

Rate this topic

Ok, I still don't think I'm at fault for anything here, but I appologize if I am.

FatCat: You seriously are one of the coolest people here so far, I respect you, and now I shall stop smile.gif

Well, you know how the old saying goes...

user posted image

Seriously though, it would be nice to get some discussion and some different points of view on issues around here without the personal insults and sarcastic name-calling all the time. Anywho, I guess we should take it as a sign that we all care a great deal about the team, otherwise we wouldn't give a crap if people bashed our players and things like that.

As for the proposed trade, I'd say no thanks. As far as I'm concerned, Howard has as much talent as any goalie prospect in the NHL, and there is no reason to trade him. The kid just shouldn't be in the NHL at the moment, it's as simple as that. He's not ready yet, and he should be starting in Grand Rapids and getting a season or two of AHL hockey under his belt before we throw him in the deep end and tell him to swim.

The way I look at it is like this: Howard is by far THE best goalie prospect we have, and as such his development is far more important than the development of any other goalie in the system. With that in mind, we should be doing what is best for him first, and then worrying about our other goalies. Sure, it may be better for Joey MacDonald or Drew MacIntrye to be starting in Grand Rapids instead of riding the pine in Detroit, but it's better for Howard to be getting starters minutes in Grand Rapids as well. Howard and his development is far more important to us in the long run that MacDonald is, so Howard ought to be starting in Grand Rapids and MacDonald should be sitting here as our backup. We should do what's best for Howard's career, and then worry about where our other goalies should be later. As far as I'm concerned, Howard should be in Grand Rapids, and any one of MacDonald, MacIntyre or Liv should be on the bench for the Wings.

I don't remember calling anyone names, but I agree with you.

When's Manny back anyways? The Wings seem to be picking up steam now, but we need, I mean, NEED Manny back.

Off topic: I wonder if Legace's nickname is "Legs" ph34r.gif