• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 hckypete96

hckypete96

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:09 AM

howard for ryan miller? both young both god like. i just like miller more, and so did the sabres until he got hurt. thoughts?
Z's just livin another day in the life of a god damn boss.....

#2 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:14 AM

If Howard gets the time to develop like Miller did he ought to be even better. It was Howard that set the GAA/Save% records in the NCAA. And on a weaker team than Miller played on.

peace

Posted Image

#3 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:22 PM

Close Thread

#4 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:07 PM

We should just start a thread with each player to discuss trading 'cause its a business, every players is inline for the trading block parade...its just a matter of time.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#5 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

I'd do it. I don't like Howard right now. Sure, he's young and needs time to develop, but he's not a suitable back-up for Ozzie while Legace is injured, not at all. I mean, this guy is letting in shots from litterally 4 feet away. Come on. Being a goalie myself, I know that you HAVE to make that save. It's just unacceptable.

#6 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:28 PM

Yes, but like you said, he needs time to develope, and this IS his first year in the league. It's not as easy as you think going from college to the NHL. And yes, he shouldn't let in short shot goals, but it happens all of the time, so get used to it. You need to give Howard more of a chance. No goalie is God like. And also, you can't tell me that people have scored short 4 ft. goals on you quite a few times.

#7 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 17, 2005 - 07:02PM)
I'd do it. I don't like Howard right now. Sure, he's young and needs time to develop, but he's not a suitable back-up for Ozzie while Legace is injured, not at all. I mean, this guy is letting in shots from litterally 4 feet away. Come on. Being a goalie myself, I know that you HAVE to make that save. It's just unacceptable.

So send him to the AHL to develop and bring up a guy that isn't in our plans to be the backup until Manny heals himself.

peace

Posted Image

#8 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ December 17, 2005 - 09:32PM)
So send him to the AHL to develop and bring up a guy that isn't in our plans to be the backup until Manny heals himself.

peace

A name would be nice? rolleyes.gif

#9 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 17, 2005 - 07:49PM)
QUOTE (norrisnick @ December 17, 2005 - 09:32PM)

peace

A name would be nice? rolleyes.gif

MacDonald, MacIntyre, Jim-bob floating around the AHL that doesn't have an NHL contract, whoever.

peace

Posted Image

#10 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

But they are yet to do that. Why would they call up Howard if they didn't think he was better than MacIntyre or MacDonald?

Even worse idea.

#11 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 17, 2005 - 11:28PM)
But they are yet to do that. Why would they call up Howard if they didn't think he was better than MacIntyre or MacDonald?

Even worse idea.

Yeah, but unlike Howard, there is very little chance that one of either MacIntyre or MacDonald will be a starting goalie one day. I think most people project MacDonald as being a back-up due to his steady, yet unspectacular play, so I don't think we should be as concerned about their development as we should about Jimmy's.

#12 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 17, 2005 - 09:28PM)

Even worse idea.

Of course they believe Howard is better. That's why he should be in the AHL. It does Jimmy and the Wings no good to be lit up in the NHL when he's not good enough yet. Goalies take a looong time to develop and right now Jimmy is in over his head.

peace

Posted Image

#13 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:45 PM

He may be over his head, but he has no choice. Until Legace gets better, he has no choice but to stay up here. Anyways, he does get to see some NHL action early in his carrer. The only way he goes back to Grand Rapids is when Legace comes back.

#14 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 17, 2005 - 09:02PM)

Maybe we should trade Howard for some draft picks and call you up.

#15 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:24 PM

I don't think trading any goaltender right now is worth anything. Not even a marginal defenseman or a draft pick of any kind. We've all been talking about it, and know that the defense could use some help. But the goaltending is in that realm of the circle as well. Howard could use some more experience, but again, it would be so much better if it was in Grand Rapids than up here in Detroit for now. But that won't happen till Legace gets back into the line-up. But in reality, there is no reason for the Wings to trade any goaltender that we have, and it won't happen in the near future.

#16 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (e_mcgrath88 @ December 18, 2005 - 12:14AM)
Maybe we should trade Howard for some draft picks and call you up.

There's an idea.

FatCat: Well of course our goaltending is doing great, that's why we have been losing as of late. We DO need starting goalie, that's a fact. Heck, a goalie coach to teach Legace how to use his glove, and a back-up would be nice.

#17 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:47 AM

With a new cap, and trading as hard as it is now, what do you expect Holland to do this year before March Red-Wing? Most goaltenders have huge contracts, and it makes it hard for trades. Plus, a few have gone on waivers, but Holland's never even made a try to contact them. Legace will still be under contract next season, but Osgood won't. I think the wings will have to ride the season out with Legace and Osgood, and we can go fetch for somebody next off-season.

Legace could use his glove if he's not using it, but hopefully that'll come with time. Hopefully. I really don't care that he doesn't use it. I care more about our goaltenders stopping shots.

#18 ufcredwingfan

ufcredwingfan

FreeBird

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (hckypete96 @ December 17, 2005 - 02:09AM)
howard for ryan miller? both young both god like. i just like miller more, and so did the sabres until he got hurt. thoughts?

O'boy did I LMAO when I saw this. Like NN said give the boy time. Put him in the AHL for the rest of the season as there Starting goalie. He could very well develop into the next Patrick Roy YES I SAID IT. cool.gif This kid is freaking awesome he did well up in the NHL but I rather see him starting in the AHL and develop faster and better. Patrick Roy in the making. cool.gif

#19 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (e_mcgrath88 @ December 17, 2005 - 01:22PM)
Close Thread

I agree with you.

#20 Idaho Winger

Idaho Winger

Sam

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:54 PM

We DO need starting goalie, that's a fact. Heck, a goalie coach to teach Legace how to use his glove, and a back-up would be nice.

I have always been nice on this site, but this is one of the stupidest comments I have heard. Do you even know Legace's strengths? You should go read a bit of what actual goalie experts were saying about him in the 03-04 season when he was starting for the Wings. "One of the fastest gloves in the NHL". I would look it up and cite it for you, but making you take the time is a favor since you would have to stop posting idiotic critiques and therefore save some face.

-Sam