• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
p_diddy_datsyuk_13

Dallas Drake

Rate this topic

I was thinking about what the Wings' have lacked this year and the only thing, other than subpar goaltending at times, has been toughness and grit. No doubt that the absense of Fischer, Hatcher, and McCarty has been felt from a physical standpoint. Teams, like Nashville in particular, seem to be having their way with us and are pushing us around an awful lot more than they should be able to.

I couldn't imagine that Dallas Drake would be all that expensive, in terms of salary, and also considering St. Louis is in the middle of their fire sale, they are just looking to unload everything they can and build for the future.

My guess, is that Cleary would be the odd-man out, but on the brighter side, Drake would provide us with much needed experience and leadership, which will be vital to this young team.

Drake brings toughness, depth, leadership, and experience, which could help get us over the hump in the playoffs...

what do all of you think??

We are looking for a powerful winger. Drake is too old. Trading away someone on our roster or any of our prospects would be useless for a "rent" type player. We need to go for youth in this new day in the NHL. I do not understand why some people want another 37 year old player this team. There are better and younger options out there.

the wings need experience and leadership... we have proved over the past two playoff runs that we are depending too much upon our inexperienced youth and just arent making it

the most the wings might have to give up for Drake is a mid-level prospect like Kopecky and a mid round, say fourth round pick... the blues are trying to dump whoever they can and i feel we wouldnt have to trade anybody from our roster and still get him

Edited by p_diddy_datsyuk_13

the wings need experience and leadership... we have proved over the past two playoff runs that we are depending too much upon our inexperienced youth and just arent making it

the most the wings might have to give up for Drake is a mid-level prospect like Kopecky and a mid round, say fourth round pick... the blues are trying to dump whoever they can and i feel we wouldnt have to trade anybody from our roster and still get him

if there's anything this team does have it's experience and leadership. We have a Captian who literally has done it all just about, 3 time norris winning defencemen, a 44 year old legend who's playing like he's 20 and several others who've been to the top of the mountian 3 times. We know how to win, it's if we can put it together.

I disagree with all of you, pretty much. I think Dallas Drake would be a great addition to this team. But...I wouldnt want to trade much of anything to bring him in. If we can get him for a 4th rounder or so, then I say do it. But if the Blues are expecting a higher draft pick or a Hudler/Filpulla type of prospect, they can move on.

I think Drake is Cleary but with more offensive prowess. You wont find many guys in the NHL who work harder than Dallas Drake.