• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Reports: Lindros remaining in Toronto

Rate this topic

A bunch of media reports in Toronto are reporting that the Leafs & Eric Lindros have agreed in principle to a one-year, $750,000 contract. The same reports indicate that Tie Domi will be bought out of the last year of his contract.

For $750k, why not? Sure, you'll only get him for half the year, but he's valuable when healthy.

As for Domi, good riddance.

I agree that its not a money issue but still, shouldnt the Leafs start rebuilding? Isnt re-signing Lindros the opposite of re-building?

I agree that its not a money issue but still, shouldnt the Leafs start rebuilding? Isnt re-signing Lindros the opposite of re-building?

They are, but Lindros won't be taking any ice time away from the kids. He'll probably line up at right wing on the first line with Sundin when healthy. The Steen-Wellwood-Stajan line will be the second line. The majority of the kids coming in next season will be on defence, with Coliacovo, Harrison, Kronwall, White, Wozniewski & Bell all at the point where they could crack the lineup.

It gives Sundin somebody to play with when Eric is healthy, and still doesn't take any ice time away from the kids.

It gives Sundin somebody to play with when Eric is healthy, and still doesn't take any ice time away from the kids.

Which is a good thing. I admit, I'm not any bit at all a fan of Lindros, but the guy played well when he was healthy this season for the Leafs. And the best part?

... his injury that took him out for the majority of the season was not concussion related for once! :lol: But, really, it's a good thing that this wasn't yet another concussion that did him in. Then I would've called this deal insane, low price tag or not.

Domi has been worthless this season, even moreso than in years past. Time to retire.

750K is a great price for Lindros. It's a bit of a gamble but hey at this point, what do the Leafs have to lose?

I still think Lindros isnt worht that much....but hey, he had a good beginning to the year :P