• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Wings' Interested in Raycroft?

Rate this topic

Sources report to nhltraderumours.com that Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli will be actively shopping 26-year-old goaltender Andrew Raycroft this summer.

The Bruins had 32-year-old goaltender Tim Thomas emerge on the scene when he was called upon in January, and also have youngster Hannu Toivonen, the only netminder of the three who mustered a winning record this season.

Raycroft, on the other hand, had his worst year yet with the Bruins, with a .879 save percentage and a 3.7 goals against average.

It's for these reasons Raycroft has found himself as the odd man out.

A source reports that interest will be vast this summer, with many teams seeking a starter for next season.

A few teams mentioned have been the Detroit Red Wings and the Ottawa Senators.

Red Wings' general manager Ken Holland is expected to let goaltender Manny Legace walk as a unrestricted free agent this summer, and may do the same with 33-year-old Chris Osgood.

The Wings have run into goaltending problems in the playoffs the past few seasons, a problem Holland will hope to solve this summer.

NTR

IMO, not much of an upgrade but Raycroft was excellent in 03-04. At 1.3 million and a relatively young age I wouldnt mind seeing him here. He has potential.

NTR

IMO, not much of an upgrade but Raycroft was excellent in 03-04. At 1.3 million and a relatively young age I wouldnt mind seeing him here. He has potential.

I dunno, if we are gonna do this. Why not just let Jimmy Howard start next season? He's obviously even cheaper, and his ceiling is higher. Why trade prospects and/or draft picks for a guy who more than likely is just gonna be a rental for a year or 2.

I swear, if Holland does this...OUR FRIGGIN' PROBLEM ISN'T GOALTENDING. Yes, Legace crapped the bed in the playoffs, that's not in doubt...but good god, barely anyone else did a damn thing either! I don't want Raycroft here. I don't want this goddamn goalie-go-round to continue for yet another season. Let Legace walk (or sign then trade him), sign Osgood to mentor the young ones, and let's go with what we have in the damn system!

I swear, it's the same goddamn thing every offseason...let's get a goaltender, let's get a goaltender, let's get a goaltender. Ever since Ozzie was waived out of town, it's been the SAME GODDAMN THING.

Ugh.

Can you tell this frustrates me?

I swear, if Holland does this...OUR FRIGGIN' PROBLEM ISN'T GOALTENDING. Yes, Legace crapped the bed in the playoffs, that's not in doubt...

Obviously goaltending has been a problem, as well as everything else. A lot of things need to change, including the goaltender.

Not Exactly , the goaltending , yes was beyond garbage , but the defence wasent great , chelios & lidstrom got out there , schiender was a duster , kronwall did nothing , lilja got maybe 2 good hits , one of our main problems is the lack of defencemen with the ba**'s to go out , hit people & play with 120% , & another area we need to emprove is the penalty kill , i think on almost everyone of the oilers power-play's , they scored , which is very bad for us , so i'd say that detroit should go out for a new defenceman , & possibly a new goaltender.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Not Exactly , the goaltending , yes was beyond garbage , but the defence wasent great , chelios & lidstrom got out there , schiender was a duster , kronwall did nothing , lilja got maybe 2 good hits , one of our main problems is the lack of defencemen with the ba**'s to go out , hit people & play with 120% , & another area we need to emprove is the penalty kill , i think on almost everyone of the oilers power-play's , they scored , which is very bad for us , so i'd say that detroit should go out for a new defenceman , & possibly a new goaltender.

That's kind of what I was getting at in the midst of my mania. :P

Is goaltending a problem? Yes. But personally, I think it's the least of our problems right now.

Is goaltending a problem? Yes. But personally, I think it's the least of our problems right now.

I agree with you. But, the thing with goaltending versus other parts of the team is that a whole defenses or offense's make up cant be changed in one year. With goaltending its the complete opposite.