• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HenryMalredo

Biron possibly to be traded to the Wings this weekend.

Rate this topic

no way holland would trade kronwall , we got lidstrom and schneider and chelios leaving ........who would that leave us with lilja ?? lmao ...........plus biron has a 1 year deal left , maybe a biron afinogenov for lang and a 2nd rounder , or just lang for biron straight up

i still think we can get biron for a 2nd pick ......the guy has 1 year left on the deal , buffalo cant be asking for too much

I agree there is no way in hell this will happen just another bogus rumor. We will not trade Kronwall no possible way he is basically untouchable along with Hank. I wouldn't mind getting those two for lang and a pick or something else but not kronwall.

though i like kronwall im nervous about his 2 leg injuries so ide make the trade . ide keep maxim to play with pavel . then ide shop biron because im not playing for cup this year im rebuilding and can wait for howard , ozzies sufficient for now . and the first place ide offer biron is tampa with part of deal coming back artukin . this gives me artukin - datsyuk - afingenov line . the thing that made this deal for me is how dangerous maxim looked in the playoffs , he stepped up as far as i saw , i didnt follow his point totals but he seemed to be always threatening .

Edited by paul woods fan club

Biron can be acquired for draft picks. There's no need to dish off the usuals....Lang, Schnieder, etc.

Giving up anyone on the current Wings roster for Biron is giving away too much because there are plenty of goalie options available where the Wings won't have to give up anyone. We got Hasek, Dominik Hasek!! ....for draft picks and Kozlov. Why would we give up anything more than draft picks for Biron, who isn't close to Hasek.

Plus if Holland is smart he'll use the fact that Anahiem, San Jose, and Buffalo are all shopping goaltenders as leverage to get a goaltender for cheap. On top of that apparently he's got Ed Belfour humping his leg begging for a job as well.

Buffalo has a great player to offer. Unfortunately their hands are tied by the lack of trading options.

ShreddedRed

Giving up anyone on the current Wings roster for Biron is giving away too much because there are plenty of goalie options available where the Wings won't have to give up anyone. We got Hasek, Dominik Hasek!! ....for draft picks and Kozlov. Why would we give up anything more than draft picks for Biron, who isn't close to Hasek.

While agree that sending Kronwall off would be too much for Biron, I really think you underestimate Slava Kozlov's importance to the team in 2001 and beyond. That deal was not just peanuts for Hasek. We gave up our best postseason, clutch goal scorer. A guy we sorely missed against Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton.

You gotta give to get...and don't forget what you gave.

While agree that sending Kronwall off would be too much for Biron, I really think you underestimate Slava Kozlov's importance to the team in 2001 and beyond. That deal was not just peanuts for Hasek. We gave up our best postseason, clutch goal scorer. A guy we sorely missed against Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton.

You gotta give to get...and don't forget what you gave.

I always though Kozlov was over-rated. He always seemed like he had potential that he wasn't using, and he scored plenty when he was on a good line, but on his own he was a bad finisher.

But that's besides the point Kozlov for Hasek.....I don't care how clutch Kozlov may have been. There wasn't a goalie in the league more clutch than Hasek. Biron isn't even close to a Hasek....so why would we give up a player like Lang, who's overall numbers are typically higher than Kozlov's.....for a goalie like Biron?

If you can get Hasek for draft picks and a player....we should be able to get Biron for just draft picks.

Yeah, we shouldnt give up more than we should for Biron. Draftpicks + Lilja for Biron?!?!?! :)

I can at least hope cant I......

Actually I was reading some Sabres forums sites and most of their deals were draft pick (singular) and a player like Lilja or Lebda for Biron.

Actually I was reading some Sabres forums sites and most of their deals were draft pick (singular) and a player like Lilja or Lebda for Biron.

I would love to see that, but I think good ole Holland is gonna sign Belfour. He has already offerd a contract to Belfour's agent so we gotta wait on his decision.

^^^I love how some people still treat draft picks like they're Monopoly money. Those days are (sadly) over.

Do you know about the new CBA and the hard cap?

The new CBA is going to increase the amount of draft pick dealings for one main reason. The days of keeping one player for their entire career, or even half of their careers are over. Teams won't be able to afford stars when they're in their prime because of cap issues, and if they do have the money unless the player is extremely loyal to the organization (which is becoming few and far between lately) they're going to bolt for a better team even more so than they do now.

When that happens developing young players won't be as beneficial as signing young players in their prime. So the benefit of drafting late picks and developing them only to keep them until they're good enough to deserve that big pay raise only to watch them sign with another club...isn't going to be that great.

This kind of thing has always happened but the player movement in the new CBA NHL is going to be much higher and with pay going down and contract lengths getting shorter the chances of draft picks being used for bartering chips is a much more logical payout because it only continues that movement with the flexability the cap demands.

It is true that youth is going to be invaluable under the new Cap.....but there's a difference between draft picks when you've got nothing to lose, and youth in their prime when you've got the opportunity to have it. We will all see this next season when Datsyuk "feels it's time to move on."