• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Another Montreal rumor

Rate this topic

Hockeytraderumors.com is reporting that Montreal could be ready to send David Aebischer, Sergei Samsonov and a draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Ladislav Nagy and David Leneveu. There is also a rumor for David Aebischer and Sheldon Souray being packaged together. An Abby/Samsonov trade to Phoenix would bring steadier goaltending to a struggling Coyotes team, especially with Cujo playing the way he is. Maybe his time has come, maybe it's just a plain, ugly slump. Either way, the Coyotes need better goaltending right now. Ladislav Nagy is a free agent this summer, and Gretz has really been frustrated with him lately. Wouldn't be too suprised to see this trade go down.

Thoughts?

why on earth everybody is now trying to trade Canadiens players? the team is working fine right now and even if it has some weaknesses why address them now that virtually every team is in contention for playoff berth (well... except for the Blackhawks, but that's an old story :) )??? tell me, plaese

Aebischer being traded sounds plausible. To where ? Nobody knows.

He's a good goalie and despite a solid performance so far this season, he lost his job to Huet.

Which is totally okay, cause the guy is on fire.

I know a couple of teams who could use a steady dude like Aebischer:

Boston: Thomas is catching up, but still not theguy to carry them into the playoffs and beyond..

Chicago: Khabibulin.. what can I say ? But no one will take on his salary so he won't go anywhere.

Florida: Belfour & Auld can't get the job done.

Kings: Cloutier does not pan out. (But they have Garon though..)

Tampa Bay: Aebsischer is better than Denis.

Philly: same as Florida (Niitymaki & Esche)

Phoenix: although Aebischer most likely won't settle for a backup job behind Cujo.