• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:45 AM

lol, title is a little misleading. There's no indication in the article of him going to Detroit. You might want to update the title.

#22 MoscowDynamo

MoscowDynamo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:14 AM

Oops.
I didn't realize I accidentally opened a thread from 2004.

#23 shannyfan1414

shannyfan1414

We will miss you Shanny!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Drake_Marcus @ February 25, 2007 - 11:47PM) View Post

Tell them we'll give them Lang AND Williams as well as a conditional 1st rounder if he looks cool in the winged wheel.

I don't think that he would look cool in the winged wheel and i don't really want him. However, we know Shanahan looks cool in the winged wheel, let try and get him back.

Thanks TeeMan

#24 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(MoscowDynamo @ February 26, 2007 - 08:14AM) View Post

Oops.
I didn't realize I accidentally opened a thread from 2004.

laugh.gif

#25 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:57 AM

Jagr is by far the biggest locker room cancer in the entire NHL. No way Detroit is going to trade for him.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#26 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

Frankly, I"m amazed this thread has gotten to 24 posts.... That is just sadly pathetic for a thread that has no basis in reality whatsoever. Let's stop the madness now and stop posting threads that have zero basis for being anything legit, it's like beating a dead horse, really. drunk.gif

#27 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(RyanBarnes! @ February 26, 2007 - 09:57AM) View Post

Jagr is by far the biggest locker room cancer in the entire NHL. No way Detroit is going to trade for him.

I dont want Jagr either for all reasons mentioned, plus he is just another guy that the opposition will take the body on and negate. We need someone people fear. Bertuzzi comes to mind biggrin.gif
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(Firehawk @ February 26, 2007 - 08:18AM) View Post

I dont want Jagr either for all reasons mentioned, plus he is just another guy that the opposition will take the body on and negate. We need someone people fear. Bertuzzi comes to mind biggrin.gif

Bertuzzi, who hasn't taken the body on and negated?

#29 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:56 AM

Okay, Jagr is officially for sale.

http://www.nypost.co...ark_everson.htm

Perhaps the scoring RW for us? biggrin.gif
user posted imageuser posted image

#30 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(RyanBarnes! @ February 26, 2007 - 08:57AM) View Post

He can't be that much worse than Hasek. That and cancers really only affect unstable locker rooms. At worst he might make Lang even moodier, but since Bob is mired in probably the worst slump of his career I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Everyone else is fairly well adjusted in that room and between Nick, Cheli, Drapes, etc... I doubt they'll let a bad apple spoil the bunch. Hell, maybe being in an environment like Detroit will inspire him. The organization carries itself a tad bit differently than the ones he saw in his latter Pittsburgh years, Washington, and now New York.

If it wouldn't be as expensive as it would have to be, I'd trade for Jagr in a heartbeat. Our scoring woes would disappear. Oh well, we don't have the assets anyway...

Posted Image

#31 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ February 27, 2007 - 06:07AM) View Post

He can't be that much worse than Hasek. That and cancers really only affect unstable locker rooms. At worst he might make Lang even moodier, but since Bob is mired in probably the worst slump of his career I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Everyone else is fairly well adjusted in that room and between Nick, Cheli, Drapes, etc... I doubt they'll let a bad apple spoil the bunch. Hell, maybe being in an environment like Detroit will inspire him. The organization carries itself a tad bit differently than the ones he saw in his latter Pittsburgh years, Washington, and now New York.

If it wouldn't be as expensive as it would have to be, I'd trade for Jagr in a heartbeat. Our scoring woes would disappear. Oh well, we don't have the assets anyway...
Sorry mate, I think you greatly underestimate the ego of Jaromir Jagr. When he's in a bad mood, there's no greater destructive force in the entire NHL. Players like Chelios and Lidstrom mean jack to him, especially if they stand in the way of his wishes. Jagr is the ultimate primadonna and he cares about nobody but himself. All the time. He's not even that big of a scoring threat in the playoffs I think. He's too easy to get off balance psychologically. His poor attitude cost the Rangers the series last post season.

#32 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(RyanBarnes! @ February 27, 2007 - 07:37AM) View Post

His poor attitude cost the Rangers the series last post season.

that's a little harsh, isn't ?

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#33 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(interminded @ February 27, 2007 - 08:08AM) View Post

that's a little harsh, isn't ?
Not at all. Jagr made a fool out of himself when he tried to make a dirty hit out of frustration but ended up hurting himself and the Rangers chances instead.