• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Official: Roberts traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

If its not Ottawa or Toronto I would assume Pittsburgh, Buffalo or Detroit would be his other choices. All are close to Ontario.

Roberts said before that he would only accept a trade to Toronto or Ottawa, so we'll see if he's softened that stance or not.

If its not Ottawa or Toronto I would assume Pittsburgh, Buffalo or Detroit would be his other choices. All are close to Ontario.

Just talked to a co-worker about this, we have the same thoughts. I would be shocked if it wasn't one of those three teams. Does Buffalo have the cap room? Where exactly would he play in Pittsburgh?

Just talked to a co-worker about this, we have the same thoughts. I would be shocked if it wasn't one of those three teams. Does Buffalo have the cap room? Where exactly would he play in Pittsburgh?

With all the injuries Buffalo has they can move someone to the IR and that clears cap space.

Not sure who he would play with in the 'Burgh.

Leafs Lunch reports that is an Eastern Conference team.

It will be interseting to see what Florida gets for Roberts. I can't see Holland not being interested.

If Roberts goes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick or something, then you'd have to get the feeling that Holland really is serious about not making a deal that involves picks.

It will be interseting to see what Florida gets for Roberts. I can't see Holland not being interested.

If Roberts goes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick or something, then you'd have to get the feeling that Holland really is serious about not making a deal that involves picks.

Given the price for players already moved, I highly doubt it will be for as little as a 2nd rounder.

Given the price for players already moved, I highly doubt it will be for as little as a 2nd rounder.

Tkachuck = 34 years old

Forsberg = 33 years old

Roberts = 40 years old.

He may go for more than a 2nd, but I'd be suprised if he went for anyhting more than a 1st rounder straight up. But who knows. I'm convinced that a handfull of GMs have gone crazy.

Tkachuck = 34 years old

Forsberg = 33 years old

Roberts = 40 years old.

He may go for more than a 2nd, but I'd be suprised if he went for anyhting more than a 1st rounder straight up. But who knows. I'm convinced that a handfull of GMs have gone crazy.

Yeah, but Robets is in better shape than either of those two guys. He will fetch quite a bit, given the current prices.

He's not really what the Wings need, but I don't mind having him on the team.

Also, I doubt it will cost anyone more than a 2nd rounder, considering Anson Carter was traded for a 5th rounder.

Guest MrSandMan

What's his defensive play and skating mobility like...? or is he another lazy useless Lang type player?

What's his defensive play and skating mobility like...? or is he another lazy useless Lang type player?

His skating is not to be confused with a speedster, but he can still move out there. Defensively, he is so-so, but he won't embarass himself in his own end.

Roberts is on the other end of the spectrum in terms of laziness. Nobody works harder on the ice and nobody stays in better shape off the ice.

He's a fantastic leader and a guy who will sacrifice himself for the team in the playoffs.

God I hope that we haven't throw in the towel on useless floatsom and jetsom like Roberts! Even for draft picks guys like Roberts, Bert, , Guerrin are not what this team needs. We need tough roll player types...like the Pisanis, Torres, and Commador types that handed us our heads in the last few years!