36 replies to this topic

#21 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(stormtiger @ February 26, 2007 - 08:57PM) View Post

Seriously, should Kenny take the chance? He has to save face after this crappy Calder trade.

Oh and how the hell is the Calder trade crappy?
QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 26, 2007 - 11:32PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure he'll be back in a week or two.

I think he would play the first night he is asked to.

Edited by Majsheppard, 26 February 2007 - 11:42 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#22 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Well we got Kyle Calder which is WAY OVER our limit of trades, so I doubt we'll get him tongue.gif

Posted Image

#23 jdog19

jdog19

Lets Go Red Wings!

• HoF Booster
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:44 PM

There is absolutely no reason not to acquire this guy. The upside is limitless, and the downside is he doesn't play. Virtually zero risk, high reward...how can you not like that?

(editors note: I realize I'm equating a prospect/draft pick as 'no downside', but it's more effective to emphasize it like that! tongue.gif )

#24 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

I just read on TSN.com that the Wings are listed as the lead runners to acquire Bertuzzi. I wonder if there is any truth to that.
Go Blue!!!

#25 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:53 PM

it wasn't too long ago that this man was a pure goalscorer and the most dominate power forward in the league (please please please,..lets not aruge about the defintion of power forward again shall we?) He's exactly the kind of guy we need in Detroit that we havn't had in years. Guys like cleary but on a more skilled level, who know there career is in the toilette and this might be there last shot at playing with a respectable team. Men with nothing to lose, and everything to prove are very very dangerous. I think he'd destroy people if he wore the red and white.

#26 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 26, 2007 - 11:32PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure he'll be back in a week or two.

Tough to bring in a guy who hasn't played since October. I wonder what kind of shape he'll be in? It may take him until the playoffs to get his grove back.

I'm not against brining him here, I just hope we don't over spend.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#27 DatsyukRules

DatsyukRules

# 13

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:06 AM

It still seems a little stupid that Florida is even trading Bertuzzi. I mean they just gave up their franchise goaltender and this was a big part of what they got in return. On top of that, they haven't even had him around long...he's played only a handful of games for them. I would not be surprised at all if they ended up keeping him. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on the Wings but if I was Florida's GM, I wouldn't trade him...especially not for someone like Lilja and a conditional draft pick.
user posted image

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(Agalloch @ February 26, 2007 - 08:49PM) View Post

I love Bertuzzi. Even if he has lost every ability he once had because of his injury (I know he hasn't, I'm just saying), I'd still want him because of things like this:

How about things like this?

#29 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:23 AM

It's been a rough week and acquiring Bertuzzi would make it oh so much better! It would be amazing. I would just like to see a change to the team for hope in the playoffs to bring it all home. GO WINGS! Come on Kenny... Pull the trigger. Please. For once in your life take a chance and make me happy.

#30 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Wings_Rule_1010 @ February 26, 2007 - 09:46PM) View Post

I just read on TSN.com that the Wings are listed as the lead runners to acquire Bertuzzi. I wonder if there is any truth to that.

We'll know within 13 hours and 35 minutes.

QUOTE(RedStormRising @ February 26, 2007 - 11:23PM) View Post

It's been a rough week and acquiring Bertuzzi would make it oh so much better! It would be amazing. I would just like to see a change to the team for hope in the playoffs to bring it all home. GO WINGS! Come on Kenny... Pull the trigger. Please. For once in your life take a chance and make me happy.

Mmm yes, so acquiring Chelios and Lang weren't "changes in the team for a hope in the playoffs to bring it home"? They weren't chances? Gimme a break.

Black and white, black and white..

QUOTE(theman19 @ February 26, 2007 - 09:53PM) View Post

it wasn't too long ago that this man was a pure goalscorer and the most dominate power forward in the league (please please please,..lets not aruge about the defintion of power forward again shall we?) He's exactly the kind of guy we need in Detroit that we havn't had in years. Guys like cleary but on a more skilled level, who know there career is in the toilette and this might be there last shot at playing with a respectable team. Men with nothing to lose, and everything to prove are very very dangerous. I think he'd destroy people if he wore the red and white.

Not if he can't skate.

And FYI (this goes to you too, HC): one cannot get up from an injury and go back to playing optimal hockey. To regain the strength and anaerobic threshold necessary takes a LONG time. At present, this guy isn't even able to play a game AT ALL, let alone at full potential.

I'd pick him up if it carried a VERY small cost. Hudler? HELL no. Florida is asking us to buy a potentially-totaled car right now. We can't be sure if it'll ever work again.

#31 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 27, 2007 - 01:29AM) View Post

We'll know within 13 hours and 35 minutes.
Mmm yes, so acquiring Chelios and Lang weren't "changes in the team for a hope in the playoffs to bring it home"? They weren't chances? Gimme a break.

Black and white, black and white..
Not if he can't skate.

And FYI (this goes to you too, HC): one cannot get up from an injury and go back to playing optimal hockey. To regain the strength and anaerobic threshold necessary takes a LONG time. At present, this guy isn't even able to play a game AT ALL, let alone at full potential.

I'd pick him up if it carried a VERY small cost. Hudler? HELL no. Florida is asking us to buy a potentially-totaled car right now. We can't be sure if it'll ever work again.

Don't let them bug you Crymson, sometimes these jackasses just don't think... it really is black and white to some around here, sadly enough.

#32 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:31 AM

hahaha...you guys have to watch this video of Bert. The song is hilarious and Chelios gets completely rocked in one of the clips

#33 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:38 AM

I think the consensus is that Bertuzzi is a gamble, so if the price is low I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go after him.

#34 lecatpuke

lecatpuke

Adopted Wings Fanatic

• 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:42 AM

There was plenty of bitching about Hasek before we signed him. He came cheap, and we took a risk on his chronic injury and drought of playing time, and look how it panned out. If Bert comes comparably cheap, I think it'd be the best gamble we could make.

#35 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

I agree with that, except that this is an even better gamble in my opinion because although we took Dom on a gamble as well, a starting goalie is a lot more valuable than a forward. Just look at what happened to Ottawa last year. I'm not saying that Hasek being out cost Ottawa their season but it sure didn't help the way he played before he got injured.

#36 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:01 AM

Having the tacit endorsement from guys like Yzerman would do Bertuzzi's image some good. Too bad Bertuzzi has no say.
If he's ready to go, like soon, he might be in good enough shape to make a difference. Imagine after dealing with Holmstrom on the pp in front of the net, Bertuzzi takes his place for the second unit.
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#37 ShanTheMan14

ShanTheMan14

Z

• PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 26, 2007 - 08:43PM) View Post

Send them Lilja.

That would take care of the roster player requirement. Nice sig, btw.
Good luck in New York, Shanny.