• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Louisville

Bertuzzi impresses Babcock in first practice

Rate this topic

Why are there so many left-shooters in the NHL, when left-handers make up 10% of the population? Surely they can't all be brain damaged? Even Lidstrom?

Well I'm left-handed and I shoot right. ;)

uhm, to my knowledge left shooters are 90% right handed people.

think about it. whenever a player frees a hand to play the stick one handed, he'll want to have his strong arm controlling it.

I've never heard of that in the nhl, if they ever polled guys in the past decade that'd be interesting: seeing which are natural rights, which are lefts, which are mixed-handed (different tasks with different hands, like shooting left but writing right as someone mentioned), then ambi. I don't know if 90% of them are mixed-handed... but that's up in the air.

And I think I've read a discussion on where you want your strong arm on a stick here, or elsewhere before. That doesn't make sense to me, because your strong arm is usually lower on the stick, because it guides your feinting and passing, and thus your accuracy. Ideally you'd make a one-hand play (a pokecheck, or whatever) with your strong arm... but that's not how sticks are gripped.

The most I diverge from that is when I'm barreling down on the net, I'll change hands on my stick and cradle/control it with my right arm, keep the monkey off my back with the left off-hand, then change back when I'm ready to deke last minute or corner snipe.

I am not naysaying here, just have a question:

Has Bertuzzi fought anyone since the Moore incident? I am not attacking him, just wondering what that did to his psyche. I could see him being shy about protecting Z and Dats after what happened when he tried to protect Naslund. He still has the skills/grit we need, but I don't know if he still has the desire to get dirty. I think this is a fair question.

He said on that radio show that he plans on playing the way he's always played, so the desire's there. Whether he'll be physically able to do so is another story.

Here's to hoping.

I know, i kept on telling HR40 that we need Bert here he is a force and watching him live is just WOW.. yeah im starting to ignore all the haters too :D

Please...you never once said that. It was all my idea. :cool:

I KID I KID! Yeah wingslogo has been talking about Bert for months now. He practically pissed himself when we scored Bert.

It's a THEORY that some left-handedness can be caused by brain damage. Then again, in the dark ages, it was a THEORY that it was caused by sorcery.

I'm left-handed and I shoot right. I can't exactly say why, but that is just what felt comfortable to me.

You know, "sinister" in Latin actually translates to "left-handed". No kidding.

Shut up! Seriously??? *searches wikipedia* You're right! I never knew that.

If you're ever looking for a good schooling in the future, the forum-goers are always there for you. I'd offer, but we both know that some things can just be overkill.

;)

I am soooooooo going to bed now... Red Wings Weekly, in eight hours? Will I? Can I? Could I? Should I? I may just. I may just.

Mlive:

Bertuzzi says on-ice rust won't make him a liability

Todd Bertuzzi expects some rust to show when he takes to the ice, but he hopes to fit in seamlessly with the Wings' system of play:

March 2, Windsor Star: "I'm not going to come back and absolutely dominate," Bertuzzi said. "I know I'm going to have to work towards that. Obviously, my goals have always been set pretty high. I'll have to really work hard in practice and understand the systems here."

The most significant pressure he faces in Detroit is occupying Steve Yzerman's old locker with the former captain's staring down from his picture above the stall.

"It's a little nerve wracking sitting in that," Bertuzzi said. "I hope I can live up to half of what he's accomplished here."

Bertuzzi's glad that his teammates will let bygones be bygones:

March 2, Macomb Daily: "That's the one plus about being a hockey player -- Whenever you come into a new team, you always fit in pretty quick," said Bertuzzi, 32, who is playing for his fourth NHL team. "You've got to give credit to hockey players. Everything is done on the ice and off the ice, we don't have the same thing going on."

With this being Bertuzzi's first full day in Detroit, he was surrounded at his locker after practice by two dozen reporters with questions ranging from his health to his the Steve Moore incident from years ago.

From the other side of the locker room, Chelios looked over and smiled while untying his skates. Players enjoy watching another remove the burden of dealing with the media if only for a day or two.

"Hey," joked Chelios. "Leave the poor guy alone."

:lol::thumbup:

Shut up! Seriously??? *searches wikipedia* You're right! I never knew that.

Ah, the wonderful things you learn as a science major :P Stereochemistry taught me that left-handed people are evil. What would we do without Latin nomenclature? And speaking of chemistry, I can only hope Bertuzzi finds some chemistry with Lang. The 2nd line was great last night, but I can't help being excited about adding Todd into the mix. See...it's on topic!

OK, now listen up. When that Bertuzzi vs. Steve Moore thing happened over 2 years ago, and Bertuzzi was playing for the Canucks, the fans on this BB went nuts. I never saw so much scathing diatribe in my life. My how times have changed. Now that "Bert" is a Wing ... "all is forgiven" ... it's kiss and makeup time. Well he's not out of the woods yet. Bertuzzi is still getting his rear-end sued by Moore's high-priced lawyers, and they're looking to bankrupt him. I don't agree with that, but what do you expect from lawyers, and a career 4th line player ?

Bert is still well-liked by most Canucks fans, and they want to see him get on with his life. He was never the same player in Vancouver, post-Moore incident ... and his own personal baggage weighed down others in the locker room. Crawford publicly defended Todd, but in private, they didn't like each other. In fact, looking at the photo's of Bert at practice, I note he has his chin strap done up. That's something he never did in practice for Crawford, and one of the little things they used to battle over.

The Canucks ar a better team without Bert, but most Canucks fans wish him well. Hope you get your life and career back on track, Bert.

OK, now listen up. When that Bertuzzi vs. Steve Moore thing happened over 2 years ago, and Bertuzzi was playing for the Canucks, the fans on this BB went nuts. I never saw so much scathing diatribe in my life. My how times have changed. Now that "Bert" is a Wing ... "all is forgiven" ... it's kiss and makeup time. Well he's not out of the woods yet. Bertuzzi is still getting his rear-end sued by Moore's high-priced lawyers, and they're looking to bankrupt him. I don't agree with that, but what do you expect from lawyers, and a career 4th line player ?

Bert is still well-liked by most Canucks fans, and they want to see him get on with his life. He was never the same player in Vancouver, post-Moore incident ... and his own personal baggage weighed down others in the locker room. Crawford publicly defended Todd, but in private, they didn't like each other. In fact, looking at the photo's of Bert at practice, I note he has his chin strap done up. That's something he never did in practice for Crawford, and one of the little things they used to battle over.

The Canucks ar a better team without Bert, but most Canucks fans wish him well. Hope you get your life and career back on track, Bert.

Your font is annoying, but your ignorance is even worse: "what do you expect from lawyers, and a career 4th line player."

When you wrote in such big font were you thinking you were on a site for the blind?