• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tazzer82

Pens are staying in Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Excellent news. I was really hoping they would be able to stay. I put myself in their fans shoes. And losing the Red Wings would be absolutely devastating. So I know how they would have felt. So im glad everything worked out.

Being in Kansas City, I was quietly hoping they would come here. Why wouldn't I? I felt bad it would come at the expense of a town like Pittsburgh, but in the end it worked out for them.

AEG is strongly looking at Nashville, and from an article in the KC Star a couple of weeks ago, has always felt the strongest about our chances for getting them to move.

But I'll be honest... I'll take any team to have local hockey. Not having to relay on Versus or buying Centre Ice would be great.

...does this now mean that JLA will be the oldest arena in the NHL?

Nope.

MSG in New York is 39 years old (but underwent a $200 million reno 15 years ago.

Nassau in New York is 35 years old

Rexall in Edmonton is 33 years old and I have heard talks of a reno or a new arena there.

Joe Louis is 28 years old

Continental in New Jersey is 26 years old, but new arena is under construction.

I don't think there are older ones than that, but I simply skimmed the teams in the NHL and picked out the ones that I thought had older arenas.

I like the sound of the Kansas City Predators. Just wait until the Predators have a rebuilding year and attendance drops to 10,000 a game. Give it 2 years. They are the only team that really is a serious threat to move. Florida has sucked for a long time, and fan support is still decent. And I just don't think the Islanders will move, though the New York market is obviously saturated.