• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Mattias Ritola

Rate this topic

Seems like Red Wings prospect forward Mattias Ritola will be going to Grand Rapids to practice with the Griffs.

Translated article

Mattias Ritola has had a turbulent season. He started out with Leksand, was loaned to Arboga and then returned to Leksand. In the end of January he was loaned to Borlänge, where he became a key player in the Allsvenskan (2nd league) qualification round.

Ritola was also one of the last cuts from the Swedish WJC roster. In 2005, the Borlänge native was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings and now, the Swede-filled club wants to take a closer look at its young prospect.

"I'll be heading over on Sunday or Monday and will be staying for two or three weeks. I'll practice with the Grand Rapids Griffins. It'll be great fun," Ritola said.

(Question from reporter:) "Do you have any idea wheater you'll try to take the next step the upcoming season?"

"We'll se. It depends partly on how it feels when I'm there," said Ritola who has worked out with Grand Rapids once before.

There are currently three Swedes in Grand Rapids. Jonathan Ericsson (younger brother of former Leksand forward Jimmie Ericsson), Jonas Johansson (on loan from Washington) and the not-so-unknown goalie Stefan Liv.

Edited by Systemfel

Red Wings to negotiate with Ritola.

http://expressen.se/sport/ishockey/nhl/1.642493

The Swedish colony of Detroit might expand. Soon, the team will start negotiations with Leksand forward Mattias Ritola.

Ritola, who also played for Arboga and Borlänge this season, came home from a three-week try-out with the Grand Rapids Griffins last Friday.

"It went really good."

So good, that the Red Wings most certainly will sign Ritola to a three-year, entry-level contract. Negotiations start this month.

"I'm hoping to play in the AHL."

Edited by Systemfel