• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

ESPn's 'Ultimate Ranking' of all sports teams

Rate this topic

This is an interesting ranking by ESPN, it reanks all sports franchises in the 4 major sports by what they give back to the fans. Its based on 8 categories of ranking, 7 are fan polls (80,000 were polled) on things like Stadium Experience, Ownership, etc. The 8th is a statistical analysis comparing winning to ticket prices. The Wings are 18 out of 122. Our weak points are Affordability (understandable) and Stadium Experience (weakest). This doesn't surprise me at all as I've complained numerous time about attandance and atmosphere at the Joe. This shows other agree with me. Anyways, thought you might find this interesting.

PS the Detroit Lions are dead last at #122

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/franchiseRanks

Edited by redwinger4747

Don't worry RW4747.......it happens.

As soon as a Mod sees this thread, I'm sure they'll merge them, and make the title a little more "User Friendly"

yeah my title might be better for the topic, so a merge would be best. But until then, I think its funny that a lot of fans agreed that our Stadium Experience is lacking. but our Ownership is top notch. Also, Toronto is lower than I expected

I have yet to attend a game at an arena or stadium better than JLA, which my complaint is the restrooms.

The atmosphere is great, and the Wings are champions.

I can't believe they're third in Detroit when the Wings have three championships in the last 10 years.

I have yet to attend a game at an arena or stadium better than JLA, which my complaint is the restrooms.

The atmosphere is great, and the Wings are champions.

I can't believe they're third in Detroit when the Wings have three championships in the last 10 years.

If the Wings were to get a new Arena then they could well be #1. The Joe, while a very tough place for a visiting team to come in and play, is not the cleanest or most modern establishment. If they were to get a new rink, then I could see the Wings leapfrogging the other two Detroit teams.

I also love how the Tigers have jumped from 116 in 03 to the top 20 this year. GO TIGERS!

It's amazing what winning can accomplish isn't it? Leyland was also ranked second in the coaching category. It's really a shame, 3 teams in the Top 20, and then ...the Lions. :crazy:

It's amazing what winning can accomplish isn't it? Leyland was also ranked second in the coaching category. It's really a shame, 3 teams in the Top 20, and then ...the Lions. :crazy:

the only way I will actually root for the lions is if they pull a Tigers and make it to the super bowl... until then I just laugh when they find yet another way to lose.

the only way I will actually root for the lions is if they pull a Tigers and make it to the super bowl... until then I just laugh when they find yet another way to lose.

Its hard to stand by them but i still love my lions.

Its still great for Detroit to have 3 in the top. if the wings had a better place then the joe (not that i don't love the joe) i bet thy would have been a little higher up the food chain

See, that is the prefect attitude :thumbup: Every Sunday I watch the Lions . My wife says "why do you even bother?" and I tell her "because it's funny to see how many different ways they can lose in a single season". :lol:

Not to be homerisitic, but Wings are pretty low. Then again, the Bears being at 50 and the Pistons NOT being at number 1 really says alot about the list.

See, that is the prefect attitude :thumbup: Every Sunday I watch the Lions . My wife says "why do you even bother?" and I tell her "because it's funny to see how many different ways they can lose in a single season". :lol:

The best part is, they find a way to win the last game of the season which causes them to get the 2nd overall pick in the draft instead of the first.

Not to be homerisitic, but Wings are pretty low. Then again, the Bears being at 50 and the Pistons NOT being at number 1 really says alot about the list.

I'm not suprised by the Bears being that low.

I am suprised that the Yankees were NOT in the top 30.