• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grsbmd

Red Wings 1999 Draft Report

Rate this topic

I just found this and thought it was interesting, because no one knew who Henrik Zetterberg was yet.

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/69

Detroit feels that while Zetterberg is not quite as talented as their other 1999 European selections, the organization has a wealth of muckers and grinders in the system and need an influx of talent even if it is in the form of a long shot....

When all was said and done, most publications had Detroit at a D or an F for a draft grade.

Articles like that make me feel good about my yahoo screen name I used during the winter of 99-00.

h_zetterberg_future_superstar

One supposes you had to actually watch the guy play to have a sense of how good he was, and would be.

Articles like that make me feel good about my yahoo screen name I used during the winter of 99-00.

h_zetterberg_future_superstar

One supposes you had to actually watch the guy play to have a sense of how good he was, and would be.

Any other psychic predictions for us sir?.. to be more specific I need to pick a playoff pool and I would like you to tell me who is going to win the cup this year!! :D

Guest Agalloch

God I love this organization. Jimmy D, Jim Nill, Ken Holland, Steve; everyone is so knowledgable and with them all here, you can pretty much guarantee that the Wings will have a shot at the cup every year.

One can only wonder what we'll do with more first round selections. Although a second rounder, Emmerton looks like a future star as well, as does Howard, Hudler, Filppula, etc.

:thumbup: to the best executives in hockey. f

Any other psychic predictions for us sir?.. to be more specific I need to pick a playoff pool and I would like you to tell me who is going to win the cup this year!! :D

Predicting that a player will have the talent to succeed is a lot more difficult than predicting the Cup playoffs, with all the potential unforeseen injuries or fluke goals, etc.

Although in 1997 I did predict the playoffs, series length and all, with only two series being off by one game each. I'd love to call it skill, but more recent history has proven that one a fluke.