No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Nashville's Playoff Behaviour

Rate this topic

Tonight's game: NHL Offical Score Sheet

Wednesday's Game: NHL Official Score Sheet

First I'll give a quote from the CBS sportsline report on today's game:

The worst of the rugged play came much earlier. Radulov skated up and elbowed Steve Bernier into the boards at 4:44 of the second period, snapping Bernier's head back before the Sharks forward fell face-first onto the ice. A gurney was called for before Joe Thornton and Marcel Goc helped him off.

So far (as in the first two games!) here are the most concerning stats:

Hartnell:

3 Game misconducts

1 Kneeing (major)

1 Unsportsmanlike conduct (minor)

1 Fighting (major)

Tootoo:

1 Game misconduct

1 Fighting (major)--> took a swing at Clowe from behind

1 Boarding (major)

Radulov:

1 Game misconduct

1 Checking from behind (major)

Forsberg:

1 Diving (hahahahaha)

I think Hartnell's got an automatic 1 game suspension now, right?

Here are the notible actions from Hart, Tootoo and Rad in their last few pre-playoff games:

April 5th against St. Louis:

Hartnell: Roughing and Unsportsmenlike (with 10min misconduct)

TooToo: Crosschecking and roughing

March 31st:

TooToo: Diving (hahaha), roughing, roughing

Check out this list: NHL.com's Nashville Penelty Report

According to that report the team had (these are the number of penelties, not the number of min)

32 games in which at least one major penelty was assigned, 41 majors assigned to the team overall

4 games with misconducts assigned, 4 total

4 games with game misconducts assigned, 4 total

28 games in which 7 or more penelties were assigned

15 games in which 9 or more penelties were assigned

Comments?

Guest tangstoiggy

Tonight's game: NHL Offical Score Sheet

Wednesday's Game: NHL Official Score Sheet

First I'll give a quote from the CBS sportsline report on today's game:

The worst of the rugged play came much earlier. Radulov skated up and elbowed Steve Bernier into the boards at 4:44 of the second period, snapping Bernier's head back before the Sharks forward fell face-first onto the ice. A gurney was called for before Joe Thornton and Marcel Goc helped him off.

So far (as in the first two games!) here are the most concerning stats:

Hartnell:

3 Game misconducts

1 Kneeing (major)

1 Unsportsmanlike conduct (minor)

1 Fighting (major)

Tootoo:

1 Game misconduct

1 Fighting (major)--> took a swing at Clowe from behind

1 Boarding (major)

Radulov:

1 Game misconduct

1 Checking from behind (major)

Forsberg:

1 Diving (hahahahaha)

I think Hartnell's got an automatic 1 game suspension now, right?

Here are the notible actions from Hart, Tootoo and Rad in their last few pre-playoff games:

April 5th against St. Louis:

Hartnell: Roughing and Unsportsmenlike (with 10min misconduct)

TooToo: Crosschecking and roughing

March 31st:

TooToo: Diving (hahaha), roughing, roughing

Check out this list: NHL.com's Nashville Penelty Report

According to that report the team had (these are the number of penelties, not the number of min)

32 games in which at least one major penelty was assigned, 41 majors assigned to the team overall

4 games with misconducts assigned, 4 total

4 games with game misconducts assigned, 4 total

28 games in which 7 or more penelties were assigned

15 games in which 9 or more penelties were assigned

Comments?

Dirty team

and you all thought the Flames were bad at the end of last nights game

Bet your glad your not playing the Preds hey

Yeah, that's why my tune's changing about seeing Nash advance to round two. f*** you guys running around playing this kind of game, I mean, really now. And considering this subject... I mean that in the nicest way possible.

The only thing that lightens it up, Marcus, is Floppa. :lol:

:thumbdown: to the Preds! Kill them, Maximus!

I just want to add a little disclaimer here:

I am not asserting that the Nashville organisation is bad, stupid, undeserving of existance, or any other such nonsense we sometimes see around here. I am singling out three players who, but the standards of the NHL rulebook were deserving of punishment (via penetlies) for their actions over the last two playoff games.

This tread is not about trashing the Preds.

This tread is about the grossly inappropriete behaviour of two Preds (Hartnell and Radulov) and the continued recklessly agressive behaviour of another (TooToo).

Nashville fans: can you honestly back up Hartnell and Radulov's actions recently? Do you really believe boarding, kneeing, crosschecking and punching from behind belong in hockey? *Don't bother mentioning a certain Wings player who punched someone from behind- he's been punished and widely admonished for his actions (and rightly so!).

Dirty team

Hey- I can understand the anger at that collision with Kipper. It's not like a Flame went out and pushed a Wing head first into the boards though. And that's the point really- some things are grossly WRONG behaviours in a hockey game. Thankfully neither the Wings nor the Flames are known to try and injure opposing teams.

Dirty team

I think I speak for most all Wings fans when I say we'd absolutely LOVE to play the Preds. They match up well against one another.

Nothing would be sweeter than beating them again in the post season.

Anyways, they are such a dirty team it's sickening. They are going to get whats coming to them sooner or later.

Don't even get me started o Hartnell. I've never hated someone in my life like I do him. I don't even want to say what I really think of him because it wouldn't be pretty at all. Same goes for that punk Tootoo.

OK, gotta speak up for the Preds here.

Harts was mugged by 2 Sharks and had to defend himself. So that pretty much negates the GM from that b\c it was just a strict following of the rule book. The 2nd was for not having his jersey tied down. Against the rules yes, but classless and cheap no. As for the hit on Cheechoo, I'm notopening that debate again, but it was probably warranted.

As for Rads' hit, it was not an especiallly cheap shot IMHO. Yes he hit him from behind, but it wasn't with intent to injure. He just hit him weird and essentially gave Bernier whiplash.

Nashville is just playing physical. They know they have to since they got put out by SJ last year by not playing big.

Nashville is shaming hockey, I want them to beat San Jose since I'd hate to end up playing San Jose and feel we'd smack nashville around like a flimsy tetherball (at least scoring wise.) However if they get eliminated I'd be almost as happy. One of the reasons I love watching that series so much is that I can't lose, either the playoffs are cleaned of Nashville, or one of the 3 teams I'm actually affraid of in the West gets knocked off.

Also aside from Phaneuf punching Zetterberg in the head I wasn't peticularly disgusted by anything Calgary did and I respect the team as a whole. I think Calgary is, and has been a good model of what a tough team should be. Excelling at physical dominace without having to resort to cheapshots. Just hope that trend continues.

Stuart shaking the ref was a bit unneccesary, though honestly I thought it was pretty funny and really at that point I feel the Flames were trying to get fired up as they seemed a little dazed out there.

A thing to keep in mind about the Nash/Jose series though, they're leaving the idiot barn in Nashville and heading to the Shark Tank. Judging by the way that game ended I know San Jose's gonna grow some balls and take it to them in a way they won't be very comfortable with.

Nashville fans: can you honestly back up Hartnell and Radulov's actions recently? Do you really believe boarding, kneeing, crosschecking and punching from behind belong in hockey? *Don't bother mentioning a certain Wings player who punched someone from behind- he's been punished and widely admonished for his actions (and rightly so!).

The Bertuzzi incident was different... he was sticking up for a cheap shot on Naslund. If that freak injury didn't happen it would have probably just been a minor penalty.

Nashville has been playing dirty and it seems like they're attempting to injure san jose players. I don't think that should be tolerated.

Harts was mugged by 2 Sharks and had to defend himself. So that pretty much negates the GM from that b\c it was just a strict following of the rule book. The 2nd was for not having his jersey tied down. Against the rules yes, but classless and cheap no. As for the hit on Cheechoo, I'm notopening that debate again, but it was probably warranted.

As for Rads' hit, it was not an especiallly cheap shot IMHO. Yes he hit him from behind, but it wasn't with intent to injure. He just hit him weird and essentially gave Bernier whiplash.

Nashville is just playing physical. They know they have to since they got put out by SJ last year by not playing big.

Yet, oddly, it's the same guys, game in and game out, these playoffs who seem to be hurting people.

I hate Nashville. I just hate the way they play. If they actually showed some balls and fought people, tha'd be one thing. But all they do is go around running at people and carving them like turkeys with their stick. The style they play is disgusting. I hope someone on San Jose has about enough of this s***, and puts one of these assholes through the glass. They deserve it.

Guest Tunbo Batman

That concession reeks from top to bottom. Their stars are *******, they have dirty players as enforcers, the fans blow really really hard, their financial state is a catastrophe, all they do is brag and beg.

The only way they ever hope to win anything is by injuring other people. And I'm also very angry that the Sharks didnt come back at them harder tonight.

What bothers me is that these aren't just a brain fart here or there. Accidents happen. But when a guy is getting multiple game misconducts in handful if games it is habit. It is just getting ridiculous seeing so many players hurt due to some people on Nashville's constant reckless play. :thumbdown:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

The TSN analysts got it correct, Radulov was not trying to hurt anyone. I do not even think you can lump it in with the dirty meant to hurt hits. This is a talented young, hard working forward who just made a mistake.

He was trying to finish his check (as he is told to do in the playoffs) and sadly the Sharks player did not turn as much as it looked like he would. However in the playoffs we see 100s of hits like this one, what makes this one different? Well the Sharks player had his head down and was not aware anyone was coming. He was not prepared and thus the hit hurt.

The only thing Radulov did wrong was come off his feet. That was wrong but again look at any play where a player is protecting the puck along the boards and likely there will be some rough contact. Sadly this time it caused an injury.

I think Radulov got just punishment by missing this game and he should miss the next but no more. The Sharks player will be back (as someone else said he got the wind knocked out of him, and perhaps from head hitting the glass a slight concussion).

Anyway Radulov is an amazing player who just made an eager youngsters mistake. He should never be lumped in with Tootoo and Hartnell.

I saw both the Hartnell hit as well as the Radulov hit--and it is a shame because ESPN doesn't cover much hockey but they managed to cover these two dirty hits. No wonder hockey gets a bad wrap. Anyways, the Hartnell hit annoyed the s*** out of me, but Cheechoo is fine it appears. What gets me about Hartnell is his track record. On the other hand, Radulov barely has a track record, but that hit was 10x worse than Hartnell's. It wasn't even like the Sharks player shifted his back towards Radulov at the last moment, he had been in the same stance for quite a while. Radulov needs to recognize that and not nail a player who cannot protect himself. I don't remember the name of the Sharks player, but I hope he is okay :( , and I hope Radulov gets what he deserves (suspension or on the ice). The Preds need to clean their play up, nobody foreign to the game wants to turn on the TV to see guys having no respect for one another or diving via Forsberg. It takes away from the game.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

Guest Crymson

Nashville is just playing physical.

Sigh... another one fresh off the lines of the homer manufacturing plant.

I saw both the Hartnell hit as well as the Radulov hit--and it is a shame because ESPN doesn't cover much hockey but they managed to cover these two dirty hits. No wonder hockey gets a bad wrap. Anyways, the Hartnell hit annoyed the s*** out of me, but Cheechoo is fine it appears. What gets me about Hartnell is his track record. On the other hand, Radulov barely has a track record, but that hit was 10x worse than Hartnell's. It wasn't even like the Sharks player shifted his back towards Radulov at the last moment, he had been in the same stance for quite a while. Radulov needs to recognize that and not nail a player who cannot protect himself. I don't remember the name of the Sharks player, but I hope he is okay :( , and I hope Radulov gets what he deserves (suspension or on the ice). The Preds need to clean their play up, nobody foreign to the game wants to turn on the TV to see guys having no respect for one another or diving via Forsberg. It takes away from the game.

The Forsberg dive was a bull call. How can he dive when he does not see guerin coming? Plus Guerin got an interference penalty. How can you be interfered with but take a dive. It was a bull call and just another example of the poor reffing in these playoffs.

The TSN analysts got it correct, Radulov was not trying to hurt anyone. I do not even think you can lump it in with the dirty meant to hurt hits. This is a talented young, hard working forward who just made a mistake.

He was trying to finish his check (as he is told to do in the playoffs) and sadly the Sharks player did not turn as much as it looked like he would. However in the playoffs we see 100s of hits like this one, what makes this one different? Well the Sharks player had his head down and was not aware anyone was coming. He was not prepared and thus the hit hurt.

The only thing Radulov did wrong was come off his feet. That was wrong but again look at any play where a player is protecting the puck along the boards and likely there will be some rough contact. Sadly this time it caused an injury.

I think Radulov got just punishment by missing this game and he should miss the next but no more. The Sharks player will be back (as someone else said he got the wind knocked out of him, and perhaps from head hitting the glass a slight concussion).

Anyway Radulov is an amazing player who just made an eager youngsters mistake. He should never be lumped in with Tootoo and Hartnell.

If that's true then fair enough. It still doesn't absolve the coaching staff from some potential guilt here. It seems like someone must be encouraging or at the least condoning this behaviour, since it continues to happen with the Preds more often then any other teams, at least in a systematic sense (in other words- it happens to be that many players on this team are dirty and continue to be so, rather then an isolated enforcer type who steps over the line every once and a while).

It's almost like a "Sean Avery" system they're using... :scared:

The Forsberg dive was a bull call. How can he dive when he does not see guerin coming? Plus Guerin got an interference penalty. How can you be interfered with but take a dive. It was a bull call and just another example of the poor reffing in these playoffs.

I didn't see the "dive", so I can't really comment on the exact call. But the problem with forsberg (i.e. his nickname of floppa) is his reputation as a diver. If he goes down easy, he is going to be called.

You are right. Some of the bitching and moaning about Nashville gets pretty old around here. The knee was questionable, the Radulov hit was unintentional, and as for Tootoo... everyone would be loving him off for his play if he was a Wing.

If that's true then fair enough. It still doesn't absolve the coaching staff from some potential guilt here. It seems like someone must be encouraging or at the least condoning this behaviour, since it continues to happen with the Preds more often then any other teams, at least in a systematic sense (in other words- it happens to be that many players on this team are dirty and continue to be so, rather then an isolated enforcer type who steps over the line every once and a while).

It's almost like a "Sean Avery" system they're using... :scared:

That I can agree with, seems to me that very rarely do multiple players get major injuries (Cheechoo is still hurt just playing at less then 100%) in 2 games back to back.

Likely the Preds coaching is telling them to hit any and everything and just not encouraging them to be extra clean about it. But I suspect they only want this behavior from their goons (Hartnell and Tootoo). Nashville is not as strong a team without Radulov and the coaching staff (In all their infinite stupidity) are aware of this.

my roomate, being a rangers fan hasnt really seem them play at all but when he saw them play tonight, he was just like they play dirty hockey. He was astonished