• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#141 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:27 PM

Haven't read thru the thread (by the title, no wonder) Lebda twisted his knee going for the hip check and he's done. So, the really interesting question is who replaces him... He looked like Hatcher with the acl the way he was helped off the ice... tho it looked more mcl but in any case he's prolly done.
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#142 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(dicksmack @ April 21, 2007 - 11:27PM) View Post

Haven't read thru the thread (by the title, no wonder) Lebda twisted his knee going for the hip check and he's done. So, the really interesting question is who replaces him... He looked like Hatcher with the acl the way he was helped off the ice... tho it looked more mcl but in any case he's prolly done.

Source

#143 Houdini

Houdini

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(omnipotent_hudler @ April 21, 2007 - 11:20PM) View Post

Good sir, you do realize that all human beings suffer from concussions, right? If you get hit hard enough, there is always the chance you will suffer a concussion.

It's like saying:

Why is a guy like that who suffers from bones breaking riding his bike?

Huh? I don't suffer concussions. I've never suffered a concussion. I have the ability to suffer concussions, but to this day I still haven't.

- Houdini

#144 EuroTwinLove40

EuroTwinLove40

2nd Line Scorer

• Silver Booster
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:39 PM

Uh, yes, actually. You have one concussion, you're more likely to get another off of a hit or something that might not give someone else a concussion.

yeahh maybe he is more prone to have concussions because he's had so many, but it's not a frickin disease! He's not gonna stop playing hockey because he's had a few concussions. That first statement was retarded "Why is a guy who suffers from concussions hitting someone like that anyway"....i mean really now?? blink.gif come on.

It's like saying:

Why is a guy like that who suffers from bones breaking riding his bike?

^^exactly.

Anyway, no matter how dirty you see Lebda's hit as, the retaliation is worse. Retaliation is always worse. You don't retaliate. Period.

i agree.

#145 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:45 PM

The Ref's are going to be watching the Wings like a hawk tomorrow as they are thinking we are running into Mikka.

The phase "running the goalie" is being misused as a couple of times the Wings were pushed into Mikka via the Flames D and on the flip side Hudler did bump Mikka just touching him and he was called for a penalty.

Jamie and Damon should be suspended as it was totally uncalled for... He lifted his head up with one hand and nailed him.

Jerome and Dion are a little upset I think because they got nailed pretty good, Dion in game #4 and Jerome in game # 5. Both had to go off the ice and have some work done on them as they were bleeding pretty much in the same spot. They prob feel the Wings have been giving them head shots.

I am thinking the Flames coach is going to be in some trouble maybe as it was brought up before, it seemed he was trying to send a message to the Wings and the lumber jack swing to Franzen was premeditated.

I do hope Lebda will recover 100%

The Flames are losing respect and their level of class is dropping quickly.

Edited by Rivalred, 21 April 2007 - 10:46 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#146 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(MTU_Huskies963 @ April 21, 2007 - 07:45PM) View Post

OK first off, This is my first post on these boards, Like the site!

IMO, The suspension should not come just because Lebda suffers a concussion. Even if Lebda does not suffer a concussion the suspension should still come. The League needs to put the hammer down on cheap shots/sucker punches such as these. From Langkows punch i can justify Tootoo's punch., atleast his was in some sort of self defence.

and for the people saying Lebda's hit was illegal have you ever seen hip check. I can for sure say that the play was at least interference on Lebda, but clipping....

Now Don cherry is on CBC saying it was a lowbridge when after doing some youtube surfing I find this video, and he calls them good hip checks biggrin.gif Seems like some canadian homerism to me.

clap.gif nice catch on the video, can we say double standard?

#147 maltbyrocks18

maltbyrocks18

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

Calgary's team has proved today to be a disgrace to the game of hockey. their down in the score, and the one thing on their mind is how many players they can injure for the remaining time left. It is completley digusting. That team is a bunch of lousy pathetic goons attempting to cling on to the playoffs by their claws by trying to cheapshot their way to a win. F*** you flamers and all your obnoxious fans with the sped helmets thinking your team is a hockey team when all they amount to iis a group of cheapshot artists and a big pile of s***.
respect all, but fear none.

#148 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Echolalia @ April 21, 2007 - 11:28PM) View Post

Source
My two eyes...

Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#149 foreignfan

foreignfan

Red wings stanley cup champs 2006-2007

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(Dabura @ April 21, 2007 - 07:15PM) View Post

You don't understand, man. They're just protecting their goalie.

Concussion-inducing uppercut to the face? Just protecting, man.

Baseball swing to the midsection? Just protecting, man.

Butt-of-the-stick spear? Just protecting, man.

Liberties with Draper? Just protecting, man.

The Wings are the real criminals here! Shame on them and their classless Kipper-running!

rolleyes.gif

YOU CAN'T BE BLOODY SERIOUS!

Iginla is out of his mind, a capitan SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER HIS TEAM, AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE, BY FAIR PLAY, NOT THIS "JUST PROTECTING"!!!!!!!!!!!

#150 redwingschick33

redwingschick33

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

I've had 9 knee surgeries including 2 ACL (all in my left knee) and it certainly didn't look good. It definitely looked like he hurt his knee (or ankle at the very least) by sliding into the boards feet first and twisting the way it did. Plus, when he was taken off he couldn't even put weight on it. He had to be helped off the ice (with no weight whatsoever on the leg) and down the locker room hall. Never a good sign.

From what we have heard so far, he's gotten a concussion. Hopefully, the leg injury will be minor or nonexistent but it certainly doesn't look that way. I bet he tore a knee ligament of some sort, which sucks considering the Wings defense is already low with Kronner out and now we'll have to call up someone.

#151 zetterbergfuturemvp

zetterbergfuturemvp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(hockeygal @ April 21, 2007 - 10:41PM) View Post

Every team has dirty players, whether you want to admit it or not
Lebda; hit was dirty, and should also be looked into as a knee on knee hit, therefore warranting a suspension

So yes, Wings too have dirty players, and they win bye laying out cheap shots and running goaltenders.
And getting away with it

want something to whine about here, wait Until you play the sharks
OMG. They will cream the Wings
Sweep them
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can't wait for that to happen
Old geezers on the wings, won;t handle that, nor will good ole physco Hasek clap.gif laugh.gif clap.gif laugh.gif

LOL knee on knee , he was tryin to hip check him , open your eyes .......we win by running into the goalies LOLLLLLL
you remember the first period goal ?? ya the one where the refs took away from us , cause YOUR guy ran our player into YOUR goalie and then called us for the penalty .........LOL ya were the ones running into your goalies , just cause you cant take guys like holmstrom blocking your goalie's view doesnt mean were running into them .........LOL , and you wanna talk about the only way win games is by running into your goalie ?? the only way the flames win is with 5 on 3 powerplays , and you should thank the canadian referees and there make belief calls , they tried to hand you guys another win with all those bogus penalties but justice was served, and dont look at the offical game sheet and say we both got 8 powerplays each , cause we got like 5-6 in the 3rd when the game was out of reach

and yes san jose is good and they can beat us but its not even guaranteed we'll play them ... if detroit and the stars win then we shall face dallas , so pls be quiet

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp, 21 April 2007 - 11:09 PM.

#152 Whits

Whits

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:22 PM

Langkow is clearly the victim in this situation.

You can watch the replay yourself.

The hit clearly hurt Langkow so much that the something as weak as the sound of a whistle was enough to cause him to curl up to the boards until his trainer was able to come to him. He was hurt and therefore the hit was dirty and Lebda's penalty was justified.

As for the punch, I think it was an accident, and HA - did you see Lebda faking an injury when he tried to get up, but had to be helped off the ice?

Classless hockey, Detroit.

Edited by Whits, 21 April 2007 - 11:23 PM.

Neah.

#153 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Whits @ April 22, 2007 - 12:22AM) View Post

The hit clearly hurt Langkow so much that the something as weak as the sound of a whistle was enough to cause him to curl up to the boards until his trainer was able to come to him. He was hurt and therefore the hit was dirty and Lebda's penalty was justified.

As for the punch, I think it was an accident, and HA - did you see Lebda faking an injury when he tried to get up, but had to be helped off the ice?

Jesus Christ I hope that is sarcasm. If not, you are the dumbest poster on the boards. I have a feeling it is because of the bolded passages.

Lebda has a concussion by the way, and it's not from the hip check.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty, 21 April 2007 - 11:39 PM.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Jimmy Howard

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#154 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(Whits @ April 21, 2007 - 08:22PM) View Post

blink.gif Seriously?
Grabbing somebody and punching them in the face is considered an accident in your eyes?

Faking his injury, yet he had to be helped off the ice?

f***, some people are idiots.

I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#155 Feldmarschall

Feldmarschall

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

SARCASM, people. Do you speak it?

#156 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,055 posts

QUOTE(Whits @ April 22, 2007 - 12:22AM) View Post

bahahaha

#157 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

WHEW! Thank God you were being saracastic, Whits.

hockeygal- saying it was knee on knee? Do you know where the knees on the body are located? Clearly you don't. It was nowhere near the knees. Go look up hip check then come back and say something when you know what the heck you're talking about.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 21 April 2007 - 11:54 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#158 Whits

Whits

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Wings_Dynasty @ April 22, 2007 - 12:36AM) View Post

Jesus Christ I hope that is sarcasm.

Haha, yes, don't worry, it is.
Neah.

#159 Whits

Whits

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

[double post - oops]

Edited by Whits, 21 April 2007 - 11:46 PM.

Neah.

#160 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ April 21, 2007 - 11:42PM) View Post

WHEW! Thank God you were being saracastic, Whits.
hockeygal- saying it was knee on knee? Do you know where the knees on the body are located? Clearly you don't. It was nowhere near the knees. Go look up hip check then come back and say something when you know what the heck you're talking about.

Isn't it past your bedtime?!

biggrin.gif
esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."