• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

omnipotent_hudler

TSN reporting Lebda has suffered concussion

Rate this topic

The way McLennan swings that stick, looks like he'll have good success on the greens next week.

Hahaha :P

Ok, just saw the Langkow/Lebda ordeal for the first time (I was at the game and one minute Lebda was okay and the next he was being helped off, so I defintiely didn't see it there). First off, Lebda did get a little low on the hip check so maybe a 2 minute penalty but nothing dirty, hipchecks--if done right--are legal. However, Langow's suckerpunch was horrible. I know you are frustrated: you're losing the game and a guy just hit you--it sucks. But that was a pure and blatent suckerpunch that will most likely leave the Wings without a good dman tomorrow. If you want to fight Lebda first let him get up and then square up to him and fight. The league should look at that (his injury) and at the punch and suspend him for a game. There is no room in the league for this kind of s***. Too many guys all around the NHL are getting hurt because guys don't have respect and/or lose control. This is horrible.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

Its confirmed.....Lebda has a concussion and will be probably be out for game 6. If the injury had ANYTHING to do with the sucker punch received from Langkow, he will almost definitely be suspended.

Lebda tried to take out his knees with a low hit... He had it comming. Maybe not a sucker punch like that, but...

Lebda has an incredible history of taking out players' knees. Lebda was trying to stop him from going by, I don't think he was like geeze I really need to take this guys knees out in a game where we just want to get out of healthy. A penalty, yes. But umm, to say he had that coming. He got a 2 minute penalty and he had that coming? If all players in the NHL had that mentality every 2 minute penalty would end up with a concussed opposing player. This game got out of control, and this is just another example of it.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

Lebda tried to take out his knees with a low hit... He had it comming. Maybe not a sucker punch like that, but...

please.

Lebda tried to throw a hip check and didn't throw a very good one.

He was not trying to take out his knees. If you've seen any Red Wings games at all, you'd know he's the farthest thing from a dirty player.

man o man, more pointless justifying. Lebda went for a hip-check....YES it was a bit low but the punch that followed WHILE lebda was down and out was just ridiculous.

The way McLennan swings that stick, looks like he'll have good success on the greens next week.

LMAO :lol:

I can't believe that people are saying that that hit by ledba was dirty. Do you know how many times I have seen other players do that (i.e. Blake)? It is a common hit in the game. But, looking from your prospective, if you think the hit was dirty, than what Langkow did was 100x worse, because he blatently and intenetionally went to hurt someone... to be honest, I can't even believe we are talking about Lebda's "dirtyness", after all of the cheap shots Calgary took today.

Unbelievable you're making Lebda out as the victim here.

They were both equally stupid. The game is a blowout, theres absolutley no need for a hit like that. Nice attempt to end the guys career.

Langkow reacted, overreacted, but Jesus, that hit was vicious.

...hip checks are not vicious. If executed wrong they can injure. Hip check attempted, not a career ending attempt. Punch on purpose. ***** can't take a check. Wah Wah. Ok, guys, we're losing, start injuring people. Wonder what would be being said if Dom hatcheted one of your players. Hmmmmm.....

Edited by LeftWinger

Its confirmed.....Lebda has a concussion and will be probably be out for game 6. If the injury had ANYTHING to do with the sucker punch received from Langkow, he will almost definitely be suspended.

Source? I haven't seen confirmation yet. But this really sucks if we don't have Lebda for game 6 :(

Edit: http://info.detnews.com/wingsblog/index.cfm

reporting Lebda has a concussion that may indeed sideline him for the series.

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

please.

Lebda tried to throw a hip check and didn't throw a very good one.

He was not trying to take out his knees. If you've seen any Red Wings games at all, you'd know he's the farthest thing from a dirty player.

I haven't watched a lot of red wings games so I don't know a whole lot about him... but that was a low hit regardless.

Lankow, Iginla, and McLennan are also far from being dirty players.

It was a clean hip check. Lebda's just short so the hit looks lower than what we're normally used to seeing. Most of the time we see the Prongers or the Hatchers of the league throw hip checks. Lebda's 5' 10". Get over it. Anytime a Flame is hit, all of Canada cries foul, but if they do the roughing it's "playoff hockey".

Your bias precedes you.

esteef

anyone who thinks the hit on langkow was "viscious" (as some flames idiot has put it) hasn't watched hockey any time this century. it was a clean, low, forceful hit. rob blake used to hit like this beautifully in his prime, all of which is exciting and legal.

if that was viscious you must think scott stevens hits on karyia and lindros were "the dirtiest hits you've ever seen" as well.

bulls***. the hit was fantastic and part of hockey. a sucker punch is not. that ***** should be out for the series.

and the nhl better make up their minds by tomorrow and bench his ass.

I'm assume you're intelligent enough to discern the difference between a botched hip check and a sucker punch, cross check, and two hander across the chest. One is an accident, the others are very blatant attempts to injure. Lebda was unpenalized, two of the three Calgary plays were penalized (and Langkow certainly would have as well had the referees seen him). McLennan received an intent to injure penalty, for crying out loud. There's no comparison.

I haven't watched a lot of red wings games so I don't know a whole lot about him... but that was a low hit regardless.

It was a low hit. Which is why he was called for a penalty.

Let's see based on this game alone:

Langkow cheapshots Lebda to the face.

McLennan is in for less than thirty seconds before racking up a 2 minute minor, a 5 minute major, and a game misconduct.

And where to start with Igoonla.

There's the elbow to the head of Dom, trying to pick a fight with known toughguys like Lidstrom and Zetterberg, and then the grand finale of chasing Schneider, another major toughguy, down the rink so he can butt-end him and crosscheck him from behind.

If they weren't dirty players before, they are now.

I can only assume they had instructions from their coach, especially McLennan, to do what they did. Which is why he should be fined.

At the very least, he lost control of his players. And Iginla, who I used to be a major fan of, has got to be one of the worst captains in the league. When will he learn that there are other ways to lead your team besides gooning it up at the end of a losing game.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

anyone who thinks the hit on langkow was "viscious" (as some flames idiot has put it) hasn't watched hockey any time this century.

Sorry, but thats just my opinion. No need to lower yourself to personal attacks and insults.

Edited by Jiggy_12

Guest Crymson

No, they aren't.

Please compare a check that was a *possible* clip versus a blatant cheap shot uppercut to the face while on the ice. Then tell me who is the victim.