• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

omnipotent_hudler

TSN reporting Lebda has suffered concussion

Rate this topic

You don't understand, man. They're just protecting their goalie.

Concussion-inducing uppercut to the face? Just protecting, man.

Baseball swing to the midsection? Just protecting, man.

Butt-of-the-stick spear? Just protecting, man.

Liberties with Draper? Just protecting, man.

The Wings are the real criminals here! Shame on them and their classless Kipper-running!

:rolleyes:

Well written, I enjoyed this off the cuff comment. Sadly a true opinion of some... :rolleyes:

C'mon, hes been one of the best Calgary fans out there, and he'll be the first one to admit when his team is doing something wrong. He's in no way a homer.

The Lebda hit could've gone either way. Discretion of the ref. The retaliation, however, should be penalized.

Thanks amigo.

Can you imagine if it was a Wings player hitting a Flames player with the butt end of his stick? OMG, the earth would explode!!!!! The refs would have been all over it and the guy would have served some kind of suspension. Since it was a Wings player who got butt ended, nothing will happen. Inginla will play tomorrow. The only suspension will be McClennan (sp).

It seems as though the entire league has it in for the Wings, during the season and throughout playoffs, always been that way.

Besides that, the total UNCLASSINESS of Calgary is total crap, and I hope the Wings take it to them on THEIR ICE tomorrow night.

IMO, there should be 3 suspensions, McClennan (sp), Inginla and Langkow.

GO WINGS.

Thanks for the broad stroke with the paintbrush, much appreciated. Ive shown your board nothing but respect and will continue to do so, whether or not I get sworn at or called an animal.

Both players were dirty on the play. I personally thought the hit was low and late. Lebda is 5'9 and Langkow is 5'10 so the height theory can be thrown right out the window.

McLennan over reacted. Where have I defended him?

After games 1 and 2, I was all over Brad Stuart's case.

When did I swear at you? Or call you an animal?

I really don't think the hit was that dirty. Call me a homer or what you will, that's just the way I feel. Whether or not he could have done without taking out Langkow's legs remains to be seen. Fact of the matter is though, since when does Langkow get free range to throw punches at Lebda's face?

This is what I'm most mad about, is the fact that what Langkow did was totally uncalled for. If Lebda has indeed suffered a concussion from this, Langkow better damn well be suspended for the punch. Langkow didn't get hurt, by the way, at least not to my knowledge.

McLennan over reacted. Where have I defended him

I'm not trying to flame you Jiggy, I know you're not a Calgary troll; but come on. Over reacted? What exactly was he "reacting" to? He was slashing Franzen and then two handed him after the whistle. Typical Flames sore loser brand hockey.

This is what I'm most mad about, is the fact that what Langkow did was totally uncalled for. If Lebda has indeed suffered a concussion from this, Langkow better damn well be suspended for the punch. Langkow didn't get hurt, by the way, at least not to my knowledge.

You didn't, but thats the treatment I've recieved in about the last 20 minutes on here for no reason other than the Flaming C in my avatar.

Seems as though Langkow is fine, afterall. But the league doesn't so much look at the outcomes of hits, knee-on-knees, etc. Rather they judge the play itself.

I really don't think the hit was that dirty. Call me a homer or what you will, that's just the way I feel. Whether or not he could have done without taking out Langkow's legs remains to be seen. Fact of the matter is though, since when does Langkow get free range to throw punches at Lebda's face?

Thats me bro. I said " Animals defend animals". They do. What Lankow did is something an animal would do, perferably a bull, and people that defend his action are just as much animals in nature as well.

P.S. When you go along with a crime you are called a willing-acomplice to the crime, when you condone and animal's behavior your and animal, clear and simple :angry:.

Edited by 8888

I'm not trying to flame you Jiggy, I know you're not a Calgary troll; but come on. Over reacted? What exactly was he "reacting" to? He was slashing Franzen and then two handed him after the whistle. Typical Flames sore loser brand hockey.

To be fair, he did get a stick in the face moments before that incident. Accidental or not, he may have been reacting to that. Not sure.

Maybe over-reacted was the wrong word. Noodles lost his Noodle..

Seems as though Langkow is fine, afterall. But the league doesn't so much look at the outcomes of hits, knee-on-knees, etc. Rather they judge the play itself.

Are you kidding? All they care about are results. How many potentially season ending slashes, knee-on-knee hits, and charges are ignored every season because the victim was lucky enough to get out unscathed (or the attacker missed, same thing in my book)?

Thats me bro. I said " Animals defend animals". They do. What Lankow did is something an animal would do, perferably a bull, and people that defend his action are just as much animals in nature as well.

P.S. When you go along with a crime you are called a willing-acomplish to the crime, when you condone and animal's behavior your and animal, clear and simple :angry:.

Where did I defend Langkow? I said they were both wrong.

To be fair, he did get a stick in the face moments before that incident. Accidental or not, he may have been reacting to that. Not sure.

I don't know. It seems like the only reason he was sent out there was to send a message. I don't think he was reacting to anything, but who knows?

I just saw the replay on Coach's Corner, McLennan took two wacks at Franzen before he got hit in head (which, to note, Franzen did while tied up with a Dman, back to the net). He was on a mission.

P.S. When you go along with a crime you are called a willing-acomplice to the crime, when you condone and animal's behavior your and animal, clear and simple mad.gif.

Oh come on. I mean, I completley disagree with Jiggy_12, but he's atleast being civil in his arguments. No reason for this to devolve into name calling. :thumbdown:

Edit: No source yet, though the Detroit News is confirming Lebda did not finish the game. I'll keep my eyes open.

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

Where did I defend Langkow? I said they were both wrong.

I'm sorry. But there have been Calgary fans on this board defending animal behavior and thats who i'm reffering to not you. Your not like the others on other fan boards for Calgary.

Oh come on. I mean, I completley disagree with Jiggy_12, but he's atleast being civil in his arguments. No reason for this to devolve into name calling. :thumbdown:

Edit: No source yet, though the Detroit News is confirming Lebda did not finish the game. I'll keep my eyes open.

I'm not talking about Jiggy_ 12.

End the guys career? Isn't that a little out of complex?

Langkow clearly got the worse shot in. If Lebda is seriously injured on this, and does have a concussion, they Langkow better damn well be suspended. I really didn't think he needed to be suspended before, but if Lebda is injured at all, they he better be.

Oh don't worry, the flames fan is correct... Langkow is the Victim.... OF THE PAIN TRAIN . WOOOOOO WOOOOO! Effective 1st shift tomorrow

Edited by OsGOD

The thing is, they both wern't wrong. Lebda completed a 100% clean hipcheck that was in no way dirty. Even if it was "clipping", you don't come up to a downed man and punch him in the face. That was completely classless of Langkow, and he deserves nothing short of a 1 game suspension for it. Don't act like there were victims on both teams today.

BTW Calgary lawyers, Franzen wasn't even in the damn paint when he was getting hacked by McClennan. He went onto the ice with the intention of slashing whoever was in front of him. Cheap.

spin that.

esteef

Exactly.

Coach pulls his starting goalie and puts in the backup.

As soon as a Wings player gets within striking distance less than 20 seconds later, the backup starts slashing away. Then after a penalty is called, the backup slashes the player again in a clear cheapshot.

Gee, do you think the coach maybe sent him out there with some very specific directions?

That's not the case at all. Just look at the San Jose-Nashville series. Why do think Hartnell didn't get suspended for his knee-on-knee on Cheechoo? Because Cheechoo didn't get hurt. But Radulov did get a suspension for his hit on Steve Bernier, because Bernier was hurt on the play and missed time. If it's a dirty play, and the player on the recieving end is injured, then a suspension is put into place. If no injury is assesd from the play, then usually there is no suspension. Simple as that.

You didn't, but thats the treatment I've recieved in about the last 20 minutes on here for no reason other than the Flaming C in my avatar.

I'm glad we could clear that up. :)

The thing is, they both wern't wrong. Lebda completed a 100% clean hipcheck that was in no way dirty. Even if it was "clipping", you don't come up to a downed man and punch him in the face. That was completely classless of Langkow, and he deserves nothing short of a 1 game suspension for it. Don't act like there were victims on both teams today.

I don't know that the hipcheck was 100% clean. It was a bit low. You get that close to a guys knees, intentional or not, and it probably deserves a penalty.

What it doesn't deserve is that guy grabbing you by the back of the jersey and cheapshotting you to the face.