• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsDC2B

Red Bird 1 flight status

Rate this topic

N682RW...I'm going to have to remember that. I seriously doubt if I ever get a chance to work it through my airspace...especially if they fly into Metro instead of Willow. When they're coming back in from SJ they'll likely fly over my sector...but 2000' above it. I might be able to snag a flight-progress strip for it someday when they're a southbound high-climber.

This is the most ridiculous thread yet. I love the die-hard devotion to this team! haha.

I can see everyone staring worriedly at the flight monitor, then jumping to their feet when the plane lands as if it were a goal in OT.

This is the most ridiculous thread yet. I love the die-hard devotion to this team! haha.

I can see everyone staring worriedly at the flight monitor, then jumping to their feet when the plane lands as if it were a goal in OT.

:lol: Hey get out of my house!

LMAO :lol:

Heya Sting!

You wouldn't work 'em if they were flying to CMH? Or maybe departing Metro and asking for SKY? Can the Diesel-Nine get that high in that "short" of a distance? :lol:

N682RW...I'm going to have to remember that. I seriously doubt if I ever get a chance to work it through my airspace...especially if they fly into Metro instead of Willow. When they're coming back in from SJ they'll likely fly over my sector...but 2000' above it. I might be able to snag a flight-progress strip for it someday when they're a southbound high-climber.

Heya Sting!

You wouldn't work 'em if they were flying to CMH? Or maybe departing Metro and asking for SKY? Can the Diesel-Nine get that high in that "short" of a distance? :lol:

Yeah...DTW's jet departure routes are designed to get them well above DTW turboprop departures by the time they hit my airspace. I work DTW turboprop departures day-in-and-day-out (usually Mesaba SF34s) but never the jets. NWA DC9s fly the DTW-CMH route all the time and they usually reach their cruise altitude (13,000'-17,000' typically) in the TOL to FDY vicinity. I normally can watch them climb off of DTW and begin their decent about 25 miles east of FDY...they never clip my airspace though, which is up to 10,000'. I'm sure N682RW has flown that route countless times but that registration number never rang a bell.

Methinks Mr. I needs to replace that old battlewagon with a BBJ or a Global Express... :)