• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

Lil' Flip

Rate this topic

You gotta love this kid. All he does is play solid hockey. And the more I see of him, the more I am convinced he looks like a young Sergei Fedorov (talent wise). The way he plays the game, how fluid his skating is, and how he sees the ice. I am really excited about this kid.

I love Flip as much as the next guy (Actually have a flip jersey) but I dont think he has the talent of Sergei in his prime. He may skate similar to Feds but he doesnt have the raw talent Sergei could just turn on at any time. Also Sergei's slapshot was way more accurate and hard then Flip could ever dream of having...........hence having Sammy on the point on the PP and not Flip.

I love Flip as much as the next guy (Actually have a flip jersey) but I dont think he has the talent of Sergei in his prime. He may skate similar to Feds but he doesnt have the raw talent Sergei could just turn on at any time. Also Sergei's slapshot was way more accurate and hard then Flip could ever dream of having...........hence having Sammy on the point on the PP and not Flip.

True, and trust me, I am a HUGE Sergei fan I know what kind of gamebreaker he is. But Flip is on his way to being a Sergei type player. I think if you are trying to find someone with the raw talent that Sergei has, you are talking about maybe 5 guys in the league. But Flip has the desire and drive Sergei doesn't. That's what excites me about Flip, he is a gamer, with serious potential and skills.

True, and trust me, I am a HUGE Sergei fan I know what kind of gamebreaker he is. But Flip is on his way to being a Sergei type player. I think if you are trying to find someone with the raw talent that Sergei has, you are talking about maybe 5 guys in the league. But Flip has the desire and drive Sergei doesn't. That's what excites me about Flip, he is a gamer, with serious potential and skills.

I really really hope your right about Filppula being the next Federov. :) The kid's been awsome so far but he need's time to develope his game in the big league ,only then will we know what type of player he will be.

I'm gonna have to agree with BringHome here... I think Flip has a great future if he works his ass off. There are some aspects of his game that need some work, but I think he'll be a household name in a few years.

Now that I agree with, I've said all along he will be a solid 2nd line Center in the NHL. I love how he works so hard every shift and is very strong on the puck, he also looks very graceful out there much like Sergei as you mentioned before.

Maybe down the road. Sergei is his prime , was one of the best players in the game. People say Joe Sakics so great , when Fedorov had a better +/- and more points is almost all the seasons they played agaisnt each other in the 90's.

Flip just needs ice time and some offensive players around him