• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

What's Detroit's Record since 97...

Rate this topic

Mixed record when the Wings face elimination themselves.

I don't think the Wings faced elimination in one playoff round during the 1997 and 1998 playoffs: that's how dominate they were back then.

1999: 0-1 (Loss to Avs in 2nd round)

2000: 0-1 (Ditto)

2001: 0-1 (Big Choke Job against the LA Kings in first round)

2002: 1-0 (Beat the Avs in 7 in Conference Finals)

2003: 0-1 (Anaheim)

2005: 0-1 (Calgary)

2006: 0-1 (Edmonton)

Wings are 1-6 when they are in a game elimination situation themselves.

I said when THEIR OPPOSITION is facing elimination...so in essence, when the wings get 3 wins against a team, the following game what is the red wing's record?

Edited by Firehawk

The only games (since 97) that I can think of that the Wings have lost when they had a chance to eliminate their opponent are the following:

1997 conference finals vs. Colorado: Wings led series 3-1, got routed 6-0.

1998 conference semifinals vs. St. Lous: Wings led series 3-1, lost 3-2, or maybe it was 3-1. Can't recall exactly

1998 conference finals vs. Dallas: Wings led series 3-1, lost in OT

I can't think of any other times the Wings have lost in that type of situation.

By my calculation, the Wings have won 16 playoff series since the start of the 96-97 season. So if I am correct about those being the only games they’ve lost when having an opponent on the brink, that would mean their record is 16-3

Sorry about that. Um...the record is pretty good since 1997. Usually when the Wings get 3 games in a series...they close the door for good.

My numbers come to 14-3 when the Wings are knocking on eliminating their opponents.

14-3 is pretty damn good in my books.

I said when THEIR OPPOSITION is facing elimination...so in essence, when the wings get 3 wins against a team, the following game what is the red wing's record?

Mixed record when the Wings face elimination themselves.

I don't think the Wings faced elimination in one playoff round during the 1997 and 1998 playoffs: that's how dominate they were back then.

1999: 0-1 (Loss to Avs in 2nd round)

2000: 0-1 (Ditto)

2001: 0-1 (Big Choke Job against the LA Kings in first round)

2002: 1-0 (Beat the Avs in 7 in Conference Finals)

2003: 0-1 (Anaheim)

2005: 0-1 (Calgary)

2006: 0-1 (Edmonton)

Wings are 1-6 when they are in a game elimination situation themselves.

I believe the Wings were 2-0 in 2002 since Colorado was leading 3-2. Detroit faced elimination the next 2 games.

Sorry about that. Um...the record is pretty good since 1997. Usually when the Wings get 3 games in a series...they close the door for good.

My numbers come to 14-3 when the Wings are knocking on eliminating their opponents.

14-3 is pretty damn good in my books.

This is why I wanted to mention it. 14-3 is DAMN good for not giving teams a second chance. I'm also figuring it out right now but so far I've got 11-2 and i have 3 more years to look at.

Ok so I went through 04 because 2005 was lockout right? Can't remember right now lol, and we lost to Edmonton in 6 last year so no chance to knock an opponent out.

So Here's what I get:

1997 - 4-0

1998 - 2-2

1999 - Never had chance

2000 - 1-0

2001 - Never had chance

2002 - 4-0

2003 - Never had chance

2004 - 1-0

Total: 12-2. Now that's phenomenal when you think about it. This number means that the wings are 12-2 when they first get an opponent to face elimination. This means the wings do not let a team hang around very much and deliver the knockout punch immediately. Now you take into account this year, and the wings are 13-2 thus far. That's VERY IMPRESSIVE.

And that spells doom for SJ tonight!

This is why I wanted to mention it. 14-3 is DAMN good for not giving teams a second chance. I'm also figuring it out right now but so far I've got 11-2 and i have 3 more years to look at.

Ok so I went through 04 because 2005 was lockout right? Can't remember right now lol, and we lost to Edmonton in 6 last year so no chance to knock an opponent out.

So Here's what I get:

1997 - 4-0

1998 - 2-2

1999 - Never had chance

2000 - 1-0

2001 - Never had chance

2002 - 4-0

2003 - Never had chance

2004 - 1-0

Total: 12-2. Now that's phenomenal when you think about it. This number means that the wings are 12-2 when they first get an opponent to face elimination. This means the wings do not let a team hang around very much and deliver the knockout punch immediately. Now you take into account this year, and the wings are 13-2 thus far. That's VERY IMPRESSIVE.

And that spells doom for SJ tonight!

It's actually even better than 12-2. In 1998, they weren't 2-2. They were 4-2, since they won all four rounds. IN 99, they swept the Ducks in the first round before losing to Colorado in round 2. So they're record that year was 1-0.

btw-in 97, they lost game 5 to the Avs when they had them down 3-1 in the series.

Edited by aarond

That's right. I under-counted by 2 wins. The Wings are 16-3 in elimination games since 1997.

Me thinks the Sharks are in deep s***.

It's actually even better than 12-2. In 1998, they weren't 2-2. They were 4-2, since they won all four rounds. IN 99, they swept the Ducks in the first round before losing to Colorado in round 2. So they're record that year was 1-0.

btw-in 97, they lost game 5 to the Avs when they had them down 3-1 in the series.

Are you guys all drinking already? My Goodness.

I asked about the FIRST OPPORTUNITY for the wings to eliminate a team, THAT stat. So in 98, they were 2-2. They were 4-2 if you include 2nd chance opportunities...but that's not what I asked originally.

Anyways, my point for starting this thread was to kind of give people confidence about tonight. The wings are money when they get someone against the wall. ;)

Edited by Firehawk