• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ducks2007

Go Ducks

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

I completely understand what you are saying WIld Wing.

Datsyuk, Hank, Listrom, Chelios, and Hasek are the Wing players that have so much of the burden on them to keep the Wings in this series. Ive mentioned before that I think Datsuk and Hank are IMO, the two best players in the NHL today.

However, I think that as this series goes along, the ice will be tilted more and more in favor of the Ducks

If the ice is tilted like it was in OT...then ya, we'll be f***ed.

This series is going to go to the team who gets the most bounces. Detroit got a couple in game 1. Ducks got a couple in game 2. I still like the resiliency I have seen from the Wings, but the Ducks have outshot the Wings at home in the first few periods. I am a hockey fan and if I wasn't rooting for one team or another, I would find this a very entertaining series. As a Wings fan though, it is going to be a nerve wracking series. This series is going 6 games at least. As for who wins, its anyone's guess. As for who I want to win, the Wings in 6 games.

I just wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks pulled it out in 6 or 7 games because both teams are so even and just that good.

If the Wings want to win, they are going to have to dig really deep. Lang and Bertuzzi have to start puting the puck in the net and keep playing the body.

If the Ducks want to win, they have to get their power play going. They did get 2 even strength goals at the end of their power play chances....so thats a good sign for them.

At least this series is living up to its billing so far. The Sabers//Senators series could get out of control tonight in Ottawa and so far Ottawa is outplaying them in all the little things. :)

This series is going to go to the team who gets the most bounces. Detroit got a couple in game 1. Ducks got a couple in game 2. I still like the resiliency I have seen from the Wings, but the Ducks have outshot the Wings at home in the first few periods. I am a hockey fan and if I wasn't rooting for one team or another, I would find this a very entertaining series. As a Wings fan though, it is going to be a nerve wracking series. This series is going 6 games at least. As for who wins, its anyone's guess. As for who I want to win, the Wings in 6 games.

I just wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks pulled it out in 6 or 7 games because both teams are so even and just that good.

If the Wings want to win, they are going to have to dig really deep. Lang and Bertuzzi have to start puting the puck in the net and keep playing the body.

If the Ducks want to win, they have to get their power play going. They did get 2 even strength goals at the end of their power play chances....so thats a good sign for them.

At least this series is living up to its billing so far. The Sabers//Senators series could get out of control tonight in Ottawa and so far Ottawa is outplaying them in all the little things. :)

Great post.

One thing that's so nerve wracking for me is how we never seem to be able to clear the puck on the PK. And it's been happening since the first game agains the Flames. It's like the entire 2 minutes is in our zone. The first 2 Ducks goals were both scored because of our inability to clear the zone.

And I'm not sure anyone here should be holding their breath for Lang and Bertuzzi to start producing. Bert gets a pass because of his back, rustiness, etc. But Lang seems to interested to finishing up the year so he can sign somewhere else. He played awesome after Babs benched him but since then has seem to put it back into neutral. He's effective on the PP though so we need to keep him out there.

I really liked how Babs split up Zetts and Dats and gave them extra shifts together and apart. We desperately need a 2nd line centre to get us going so if that means moving Zetts back there for a few shifts I'm all for it.

No better place for the Ducks to get the PP going at home. And no, I'm not showing up just because the Ducks won. I got hurt pretty badly in the second game I played (I had to fill in for another goalie right after my game) I'm not the biggest person ever (seeing how I'm a 5'8" girl) and I got sat on by three people, sticked in the face, kneed in the face (cut my lip open), slashed in the arm pretty badly and sent flying into my own net. I feel like I was in a car accident, and I wasn't even playing for my own team! (I'm a goalie btw) Just wanted to make sure no one thinks I'm trolling. I've been dead. Had no energy what-so-ever. And I figured it'd be wiser not to be on this board on game day that way there are no huge controversies.

This series will get very interesting. Now I need an ice pack....

No better place for the Ducks to get the PP going at home. And no, I'm not showing up just because the Ducks won. I got hurt pretty badly in the second game I played (I had to fill in for another goalie right after my game) I'm not the biggest person ever (seeing how I'm a 5'8" girl) and I got sat on by three people, sticked in the face, kneed in the face (cut my lip open), slashed in the arm pretty badly and sent flying into my own net. I feel like I was in a car accident, and I wasn't even playing for my own team! (I'm a goalie btw) Just wanted to make sure no one thinks I'm trolling. I've been dead. Had no energy what-so-ever. And I figured it'd be wiser not to be on this board on game day that way there are no huge controversies.

This series will get very interesting. Now I need an ice pack....

Duckette, you should always feel welcome here -- period.

Sounds like a helluva second game; I hope the ice pack works.

Sadly for both teams I do not expect to see much success on the PP. The ice in the pond tends to make puck handling more difficult (to say the least). Plus, you saw the goals in Detroit on much better ice.

Not to say your ice is the worst, because it isn't, but you get what I am saying.

The worst ice is almost always in the Staples center after a basketball game. Sometimes they have less than two hours between the end of the game and the start of warm-ups. Not too mention all the extra fans can really up the humidity.

Anyway, it should be interesting.

Duckette, you should always feel welcome here -- period.

Sounds like a helluva second game; I hope the ice pack works.

Sadly for both teams I do not expect to see much success on the PP. The ice in the pond tends to make puck handling more difficult (to say the least). Plus, you saw the goals in Detroit on much better ice.

Not to say your ice is the worst, because it isn't, but you get what I am saying.

The worst ice is almost always in the Staples center after a basketball game. Sometimes they have less than two hours between the end of the game and the start of warm-ups. Not too mention all the extra fans can really up the humidity.

Anyway, it should be interesting.

Aww, thank you! :blush: I need to encase myself in an ice pack. Do they make body sized ice packs? Maybe I can borrow one from Chelios or Hasek. Those old guys are bound to have ice packs :P

And I don't disagree. I've seen the ice in the Pond. Hell, I've seen the ice in Escondido (not too far away from there) and it's crap. But, the worst is most definitely in Tampa. I can see the ice melting between the time the Zam is out there and the time the refs get on the ice. It's not pretty. I'm not offended by the truth, and I know our ice isn't great. What can I say? We're in SoCal, not up North :P

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll be sure to stick around. Finals week is next week with studying all this week, so studying is important, especially in my Junior year :P Just gotta make sure I can watch the games :P

Ducks look good. I think the Wings and Ducks could beat Buffalo in the SCF the way they're playing. Unfortunately, Ottawa looks unstoppable and is just one win away from their first ever Stanley Cup Finals trip.