• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Just wondering

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

who would ppl rather face in the finals IF we make it...

and give ur reasons...for me i think id rather face ottawa...because ottawas forwards and buffalos are pretty much the same, i'd say buffalo does have a deeper forward crew, but ottawa has more grit....i would take miller over emery in net...but ottawas D is definately stronger...i think the biggest factor is that we'd have home ice against ottawa and not buffalo...anyways, whut do u guys think!?

If I were the Wings, I would want to face Ottawa for obvious reasons. We would get home ice for the first 2 games.

I don't disagree, but look at what happened to Buffalo's home ice advantage. It means squat if a team is better than you. Now I am not necessarily saying that they are better than us, but hopefully you see the point.

I have absoultey no idea, and I can't decide.

Even though home ice advantage doesn't always mean everything, I like the fact of still having it, its like a saftey net. But I still cannot decide this is seriously a really tough descission.

Guest bullocks

I have absoultey no idea, and I can't decide.

Even though home ice advantage doesn't always mean everything, I like the fact of still having it, its like a saftey net. But I still cannot decide this is seriously a really tough descission.

lol i know :P

but if we beat san jose, and IF we beat anaheim...we can beat either of them ;)

If Detroit gets past Anaheim, I don't care who it is.

Why?

Because I think the East is siginificantly weaker this year than it was last year AND either the one or two seed from the West is going to be playing for the Cup this year, instead of the 8 seed like the past 3 years.

Ottawa

I think they deserve their chance going to Stanley Cup Final after many years of trying. This kind of reminds me of mid 90s Wings. They certainly eared their invitation by finally playing as a team and having neccessary mind sets (they've always had enough tools)

Also to give media more to write about and build hypes. Seriously, which would create more buzz? Sabres-Wings or Sens-Wings? Dom chased out in Ottawa as quitter, now back with vengeance in the name of Red Wings. Although I never pay much attention to media spin, the whole revenge thing sounds kinda cool to me.

Finally Sens are really giving it to Sabres this year, IF Wings do advance to Final, I would want Wings to face the best from East. I think a lot of Senators and eastern conference teams fans will be surprised by Wings playing very very high level of hockey. So we can finally put an end to 'Wings being soft' thing once and for all.

However to that to happen, we have to do our part first which looks to be a very tough task (opportunity is certainly there though)

Edited by Yemack

Also to give media more to write about and build hypes. Seriously, which would create more buzz? Sabres-Wings or Sens-Wings? Dom chased out in Ottawa as quitter, now back with vengeance in the name of Red Wings.

Detroit vs. Buffalo would probably get more hype because its a one seed vs. a one seed. Even though the game will get a bunch of hype no matter what, because it's the Stanley Cup Finals.

And Dom played for Buffalo for six years, so even though he's played more recently for Ottawa, he's played more for Buffalo.

I'd rather play Ottawa as well, but I'm just saying.

EDIT- Spelling.

Edited by DetroitRockCity13