• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Because every topic is sort of turning into this anyway, and because it's the summer, and we are sorta bored.

Let the random discussion begin. :D

So, what is up?

Well I'm super bored at work, so I'll join in on this discussion. World peace will never happen as long as there are different religions on earth, which is a little bit ironic when you think about it.

Now I'm gonna try the smiliey thingy. :ph34r::scared::angry::P

And since I'm really super bored at work, the thought I've been pondering is: what would it be like to dream and think if you've been blind since birth. Would you just dream about feeling things or what? :unsure:

Edited by SeeinRed

Well I'm super bored at work, so I'll join in on this discussion. World peace will never happen as long as there are different religions on earth, which is a little bit ironic when you think about it.

Now I'm gonna try the smiliey thingy. :ph34r::scared::angry::P

Well that's the question about world peace answered .

Holy Crap, it worked! When were the smiley restrictions lifted?

It wasn't I tried like 7 or 8 at 1st and that didn't work, but 4 did at 1st above, then when I edited I could add a 5th. I'm not sure if you can just have 5 in there from 1st submission or not though. :!: :clap::ph34r::siren::crazy:

I have no idea what you are saying, but I like it :P

I have to go grocery shopping soon *whineeeeees* I really hate grocery shopping...I think of all the things I hate to do this is like #2 at least...

I have to go grocery shopping soon *whineeeeees* I really hate grocery shopping...I think of all the things I hate to do this is like #2 at least...

Duh... he is sayin' " I wouldn't dare do that to you" when asked about exploiting your weaknesses.

Ok.......' Learning how to speak Scottish by '............ ME!!!!!! :)

Dae= do.

Whit =What.

tae=to.

Aww= Oh.

Aye=Yes.

Naw= no.

hink= think.

Pish =No 1

s***e= No 2

One that my Soccer supporting friends will like .

*singing* Aww the Rangers are s***e, aww they're totally pish. :P

:blush: Sorry for swearing but I couldn't help myself. :D

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Ok.......' Learning how to speak Scottish by '............ ME!!!!!!

Dae= do.

Whit =What.

tae=to.

Aww= Oh.

Aye=Yes.

Naw= no.

hink= think.

Pish =No 1

s***e= No 2

One that my Soccer supporting friends will like .

*singing* Aww the Rangers are s***e, aww they're totally pish.

:blush: Sorry for swearing but I couldn't help myself.

Ahhhh, I am so enlightened now.

Aye, I hink I know whit you are saying...sorta. :P

Question: I know this is going to sound dumb, but is there an actual Scottish language, because I always hear Scottish people speaking English. I know that just made me sound really stupid and I'm sorry for that :D

Question: I know this is going to sound dumb, but is there an actual Scottish language, because I always hear Scottish people speaking English. I know that just made me sound really stupid and I'm sorry for that :D

:clap: You got it Offsides. :):thumbup:

technically there is , Scotland origanal language is gaelic along with the other Celtic countries Ireland and Wales. It's very rarely used now. Mostly up in the Highlands when it is.

I was sorta close...

The only Gaelic I have been witnessed to is from the book Timeline and Outlander.

Which is down right funny, because everytime Glasgo types in gaelic I picture Jamie talking <-- or at least the reading doing Jamie's voice :lol:

Edited by OsGOD

So, technically you are not bi-lingual, you just have a really great accent?

Why couldn't I have been born some country where I could automatically inherit a cool accent...

I was sorta close...

The only Gaelic I have been witnessed to is from the book Timeline and Outlander.

Which is down right funny, because everytime Glasgo types in gaelic I picture Jamie talking <-- or at least the reading doing Jamie's voice :lol:

:lol:

So, technically you are not bi-lingual, you just have a really great accent?

Why couldn't I have been born some country where I could automatically inherit a cool accent...

I've never really thaught of it as a great accent before , when you always speak like that I guess you never notice it . personally I've always thaught that the American accent was kinda cool ......so technically you guy's do have a great accent. :)

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Hey Glasgo... what doees the word Sassenach mean in the phrase below from the book?

“Aye, I believe ye, Sassenach"

I think it says that in the book, Brandon...maybe not, though...it's been a long time since I read it.

Yeah, Scottish accents are the best, Glasgow...just ask me :P American accents are not so great, but I'm glad that you like them :D