• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Greg Ireland Fired

Rate this topic

I'm probably biased, because I've become friends with Greg. But this sucks....he's had a great track record in GR, he's a super guy, and most of all, he's been a real mentor to the young guys (namely Kopecky, Hudler, Filppula, and Quincey). Obviously, the Wings want "their guy" in the job....but Greg definitely had his supporters within the Wings organization, including Jim Nill. Clearly somebody has someone else in mind....

I talked to Greg today....don't worry - he'll land on his feet. A man of his caliber won't be out of work for long.

I'm probably biased, because I've become friends with Greg. But this sucks....he's had a great track record in GR, he's a super guy, and most of all, he's been a real mentor to the young guys (namely Kopecky, Hudler, Filppula, and Quincey). Obviously, the Wings want "their guy" in the job....but Greg definitely had his supporters within the Wings organization, including Jim Nill. Clearly somebody has someone else in mind....

I talked to Greg today....don't worry - he'll land on his feet. A man of his caliber won't be out of work for long.

Good to know :thumbup: , the guy didn't deserve to be treated like that that.

"The Griffins announced the decision on Friday in conjunction with the Wings, who have acquired responsibility for Grand Rapids coaches under the teams' new affiliation agreement."

That line in the article says everything. I thought Ireland was a good coach, and did pretty well with last years team, considering who we had on the team.

"The Griffins announced the decision on Friday in conjunction with the Wings, who have acquired responsibility for Grand Rapids coaches under the teams' new affiliation agreement."

That line in the article says everything. I thought Ireland was a good coach, and did pretty well with last years team, considering who we had on the team.

Not sure how anyone else would feel about this (or the Wings brass themselves) but I'd love for them to bring in Gerard Gallant as the new Griffins coach.

I loved GG when he was with Detroit. He's probably my 2nd favourite wing of all time. And I believe his coaching style is better suited for the A. He'd be a great one to have in the minors. Especially when you consider the relationship he has with Stevie and Holland. Might be a perfect fit.