• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bert44Wingsfan

What do the Wings do with the money they have left?

Rate this topic

at this point, i dont think we can afford bert + another forward

its either gonna be Bert, Hasek, and Markov, or just Bert and Hasek and save the rest for the trade deadline

Edited by ShanahanMan

at this point, i dont think we can afford bert + another forward

its either gonna be Bert, Hasek, and Markov, or just Bert and Hasek and save the rest for the trade deadline

yeha i figure hasek for 2-2.5 mill, bert around the same, that doesnt leave us with enough money for a top 6 forward

yeha i figure hasek for 2-2.5 mill, bert around the same, that doesnt leave us with enough money for a top 6 forward

Yea, my money's on Bert and Hasek by the end of the night. Wish we could have gotten Kozzie though :(

But maybe he'd take less to play here. I heard he doesn't want to play for the Thrashers anymore.

Really? I thought he was happy in ATL. He's always been a fav of mine, but now I wonder: wasn't happy in DET, was vocally unhappy in BUF: now ATL?

He's human,he's allowed to complain (i've NO problem with athletes bitching, I'm sick of political correctnesses), but I'm wondering if he even likes playing in the NHL at all.

Really? I thought he was happy in ATL. He's always been a fav of mine, but now I wonder: wasn't happy in DET, was vocally unhappy in BUF: now ATL?

He's human,he's allowed to complain (i've NO problem with athletes bitching, I'm sick of political correctnesses), but I'm wondering if he even likes playing in the NHL at all.

He was pretty pissed when he was traded from Detroit, so I don't quite get where you're coming from in that regard. He also always put up mad numbers in the playoffs. Like Federov, it was a given that Kozzie would turn it on in the postseason. I'd like to have that around again. He's an old face worth having back for so many reasons. He's got loads of upsides. To suggest anything else given his numbers on weaker teams and his playoff experience is just silly.

He was pretty pissed when he was traded from Detroit, so I don't quite get where you're coming from in that regard. He also always put up mad numbers in the playoffs. Like Federov, it was a given that Kozzie would turn it on in the postseason. I'd like to have that around again. He's an old face worth having back for so many reasons. He's got loads of upsides. To suggest anything else given his numbers on weaker teams and his playoff experience is just silly.

Kozzie's last years were unhappy ones in DET: he and Scotty butted heads in a major way, to the point that Scotty benched him on several occasions. He WAS unhappy about the trade, but that doesn't mean that his last coupla seasons in DET were a good experience for him, either.

He publicly trashed his coach and teammates and the city in BUF, even though most of his time there was spent on the IR list.

Please don't mistake me: I still love this guy, and for precisely the reason you cite: the mad turn-on he does during POs. But my gut tells me he'd hate playing here again.

Shanahan was the whole reason Gomez signed in NY. Shanahan will be sporting the Ranger patch next year.

this was prior to signing drury... anything is possible. one can dream. ;)

Ok so our cap was approximately $32.5m so add in the raflaski signing (6m) and then it goes to $38.5m. That leaves $11.8m but we need some cushion room so lets say we do this:

Re-sign Hasek $2.5m+ incentives

Re-sign Bertuzzi $3.2m+ incentives

Sign Kozlov $4m

Once you add these acquistions that leaves us with a cap number of $48.2m which is $2.1m under the cap.

So how about it?

Ok so our cap was approximately $32.5m so add in the raflaski signing (6m) and then it goes to $38.5m. That leaves $11.8m but we need some cushion room so lets say we do this:

Sign Kozlov $4m

Once you add these acquistions that leaves us with a cap number of $48.2m which is $2.1m under the cap.

So how about it?

kozzie is reportedly very close to signing with toronto.

Sign Kozlov $4m

So how about it?

They have about $8 million left to spend.

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007...n_rafalski.html

Remeber they need to leave about $1.2 million for injuries and a possible move at the deadline, plus the bonus money from last year counts against this years cap.

Guest Crymson

They have about $8 million left to spend.

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007...n_rafalski.html

Remeber they need to leave about $1.2 million for injuries and a possible move at the deadline, plus the bonus money from last year counts against this years cap.

Holland has said that he will spend that $1-2m if it makes the difference in acquiring a player or not.