• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

"Kings and Cammalleri at an impasse"

Rate this topic

Heatly was just an example of what is supposed to be a very good group of UFAs becomming available in July of 2008...Hard to say what will become of Nick; here's to hoping his kids are "Americanised", & wish not leaving the States; Nick then signs another 2 year deal @ a hometown discount of $5 million per year :rolleyes:

Nick at 5 mil, that would be friggin sweet (queue the family guy music), the players association would s*** a brick.

I hope he stays too, I don't see him playing for anyone else, and I don't see him being greedy so this is a possibility especially if he sees it as his last chance (s) to win a cup

1) None of these guys are over 35. Hollands favorite demographic range.

2) Holland does not sign very many RFAs only UFAs.

3) As has been said he won't up any of the big money these guys want until Zetterberg has been locked up.

Count on deadline acquisitions to fill in the holes. That is Hollands M.O. is it not?

http://brochuishockey.blogspot.com/

A source has revealed that the possibility of a sign and trade with Mike Cammalleri is high. GM Dean Lombardi has been quoted as saying that the two parties are "far apart." The 25 year old centre was the leading scorer for the Kings last season and his salary could reach as high as $5 million after arbitration. Teams that put calls to the Kings are Edmonton, Detroit and the Islanders.

Holland is not doing ANYTHING to jepordize signing Hank to a new deal so if Cammalleri is coming here, you bet your ass that it's for a contract that won't hinder anything.

That being said, while he's small, he's been a consistent 25+ goal scorer the past few seasons and last year he put up 80 pts.

Will it happen? Probably not, but it has a better chance of happening because Lou will hate it :)

We have enough of the other stuff and not enough of the size.

We only have 2 top end talents in terms of forward on the roster, size is only good at this point if it comes with top 6 talent. Penner? Maybe, but I'd rather pay Cammalleri 4m a year than Penner as Cammalleri has shown he is top end talent and while Penner had a good season, he's not a guy Anaheim is hanging their future on.

Not to mention, I doubt Anaheim is shopping him and I'm not one to advocate signing players to offer sheets, I believe it's bad buisness.

Leave it to the Kings to somehow screw this up and lose a talented young player.

No kidding. You don't screw up deals with 24 year old kids who have 100+ point potential, those are the ones you hang onto at any cost.

Edited by Heaton

As for trading Flip for Penner? WHAT?

First off, flip has the potential to be the next zetterberg. Lots of talent. I dont think he should be going anywhere. Secondly, even if a trade were possible, what makes you think that anahiem would be so quick to deal with us? And even if they were to work something out do you think that anaheim is going to have a straight up trade for just flip? Even with flips potential, i dont think anaheim would be doing a straight up trade after the year penner had. I dunno, i dont think penner is worth our future star, regardless of his size.

Filppula has the potential to be the next Zetterberg? In case you havent noticed, we already have Zetterberg and well likely re-sign to a 7-8 year contract. Thats another 10 years for Zetterberg and at least 7 for Datsyuk. Penner, on the other hand, can put up 25 goals on a defense first team, play capable defense, uses his 6'4 size, and is a decent skater for such a big guy. Thats something the Wings havent seen since Brendan Shanahan was in his prime. If The Wings could sign him to a contract similar to Nathan Hortons - a little less money and 1-2 fewer years - then his cap hit would be stable and affordable, while allowing the Red Wings plenty of money to re-sign Lidstrom and Zetterberg.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Filppula has the potential to be the next Zetterberg? In case you havent noticed, we already have Zetterberg and well likely re-sign to a 7-8 year contract. Thats another 10 years for Zetterberg and at least 7 for Datsyuk. Penner, on the other hand, can put up 25 goals on a defense first team, play capable defense, uses his 6'4 size, and is a decent skater for such a big guy. Thats something the Wings havent seen since Brendan Shanahan was in his prime. If The Wings could sign him to a contract similar to Nathan Hortons - a little less money and 1-2 fewer years - then his cap hit would be stable and affordable, while allowing the Red Wings plenty of money to re-sign Lidstrom and Zetterberg.

I realize you're not saying this but, Penner would be nothing like Brendan Shanahan in his prime if he came here. Penner is a 30 goal, possibly 35 goal scorer MAX. He has limited playmaking skill and while he has size and fights on occassion, he's not as physical as his size might indicate.

On the other hand Cammalleri will score 100 points at least once in his career, and he'll get 90points a lot more.

Dustin Penner is like Holmstrom, without talent around him, he's a 15 goal scorer with powerplay time, with a good playmaker and another guy he'll score 30. Cammalleri is a 70 point guy on his own, with some talent? He's good for 90.

I'm not AGAINST getting Penner, I'd just rather have Cammalleri.

Edited by Heaton

Gotta jump in here on Penner's behalf, I have a Umaine player bias, but I will refrain from using any Umaine stats or play by him.

When he was in Portland (the pirates are the ducks farm team), He had a game where he scored 4 goals in a come from behind win, and games where all he did was check.

The point to that is he is the consummate role player, he will check if that is what you want and chip in on offense. He went undrafted out of college because he had to be a defensive minded player first under coach whitehead.

He is big 6'4" 240, skates very well for his size and has good hands.

Think of Bertuzzi before he had that huge season. No one really talked about him, and then he gets a gifted centerman and a very good winger and Bertuzzi is an all-star and people went ga ga overhim, until THE INCIDENT.

Same thing applies to Penner, you put him with Dats or Z and watch the magic. He doesn't need to have more than limited playmaking skill to play with Dats or Z. Case in point look at Homer. I love what this guy brings to the team, but playmaking is not his specialty.

Was Hully a great playmaker, Shanny??

Remember if you have an amazing talent at center that can score, create, dazzle, and deke, the wingers do not have to be as talented. If you have an average center your wingers need to help create more.

Penner would be a great fit on this team. Will it happen, probably not. My second choice after him would be Cammallari and then Ryder, of the three.

But again none of these will probably happen.

A source has revealed that the possibility of a sign and trade with Mike Cammalleri is high. GM Dean Lombardi has been quoted as saying that the two parties are "far apart." The 25 year old centre was the leading scorer for the Kings last season and his salary could reach as high as $5 million after arbitration. Teams that put calls to the Kings are Edmonton, Detroit and the Islanders.

Sign and trade?

OK Cammillary for Hudler. ME LIKE!

God, getting Cammalleri here would be enough for me to STFU for a good long while about Ken Holland. I still don't really see how it'd be possible to have him, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and Rafalski at the same time two years from now, but if it can be done I would love to see it.

Then again, I'd have to shell out for another jersey, since Cammy would immediately become my second favorite on the team behind Hasek.

Interesting idea Eva pitched about him and Hilbert teaming up again. Hilbert put up pretty decent numbers when he got to play with Crosby (then again, I probably would have too), and those two were DYNAMITE together in college.

What's John Shouneyia up to? :lol:

-Tim

He may be small, but since he's a great player, I'll give him a break. ;)

Seriously though, I'd love it if Cammalleri were signed here. He's a dynamic hockey player in a lot of ways, and he'd fit in very nicely with the Wings system.

Sign and trade?

OK Cammillary for Hudler. ME LIKE!

:blink: How likely is that? Sure I'd be a decent deal for us based on Hudler's actual stats (not that he doesn't have the potential to be like Cam with some actual icetime and pp access). But it's a proven, small, talented forward for an unproven, small, talented forward that comes cheaper. I'd imagine we'd have to include something else that addresses their needs in such a trade.

Guest jaytan

More like Cammalleri for Filppula + 2nd rounder

We'd be ripping them off! I love it. :thumbup:

DETROIT FREE PRESS: George Sipple reports the reason the Detroit Red Wings didn't consider pitching an offer sheet to Penner is because they're "not that desperate", suggesting the Ducks forward's play is inconsistent as well as noting GM Ken Holland will have his hands full over the next two summers re-signing Wings like Henrik Zetterberg, Kris Draper, Dan Cleary and Johan Franzen.

From Kings fans it's more like Cammalleri for Zetterberg.

Haha, right. The reason it would be Filppula and a 2nd is because Cammalleri at the very least wont have a salary friendly cap hit, and that cap hit might only be for one year. Flip and a 2nd for 1 year of Cammy at likely 4.5M at least is a fair trade.

Zetterberg...ha...love it.

DETROIT FREE PRESS: George Sipple reports the reason the Detroit Red Wings didn't consider pitching an offer sheet to Penner is because they're "not that desperate", suggesting the Ducks forward's play is inconsistent as well as noting GM Ken Holland will have his hands full over the next two summers re-signing Wings like Henrik Zetterberg, Kris Draper, Dan Cleary and Johan Franzen.

Interesting...

Zetterberg's future salary is obviously an issue. When healthy, he's a 100 point scorer, which he could have easily hit this year if not for dickhead Brad Stuart and his crosscheck to Zetterberg's back.

Draper won't be making as much as he's making now, unless he wins another Selke, but he could still make a fairly decent amount. He is extremely versitle with his PK's skill and faceoff ability.

Holland better do all he can to lock up Cleary. He's a heart and soul player that the Wings can't afford to lose. If he can keep up the pace, he could also be a big time goal scorer. He was once touted to be that mind you, so he could very well find his touch here like he did in juniors.

Franzen isn't considered a "must sign" in my opinion. He's all right, but has never really impressed me over a long stretches. I hope he doesn't become a problem with salary.

While I would have loved Penner, I understand that it's not logical to go after him at this point.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings