• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kylee

9/24 game against the Lightning, on tv or not?

Rate this topic

Here's a round up from TStar on Red Wings Central:

Thoughts:

* From what the TB announcers were saying, Hudler had an outstanding game. They raved about him on several occasions.

* Berkhoel sounded very good and made some great saves during scrambles.

* At least 3 highly questionable calls against the Wings which the TB crew was shocked weren't penalties called TB instead.

* Franzen had a goal disallowed for goalie interference, but that was a bad call according to the TB feed.

* Lebda scored a goal on a wrister from the circle when he led the rush. Hopefully he can finish more of those off this season.

* Ericsson sounded impressive early but tailed off badly as the game progressed.

* The line of Franzen/Filppula/Hudler was outstanding. Franzen and Hudler in particular were being mentioned often for their strong play.

* Our "enforcers" got their butts kicked, as usual.

Game Recap:

1st period

1:48 DET: Ericsson (1) from Hartigan (1) and Sopel (1) PP

3:58 DET: Franzen (3) from Filppula (1) and Hudler (1)

5:56 TB: Roy (1) from MacDonald (1)

10:35 TB: St.Louis (1) from Ward (1) and Richards (1) PP

Penalties: 0:51 St.Louis (boarding); 6:02 Downey & Roy (fighting); 6:16 Clark & Tarnasky (fighting); 9:27 Grigorenko (hooking); 10:20 Franzen (slashing); 16:44 Roy (unsportsmanlike conduct); 18:32 Grigorenko (holding).

2nd period

1:46 TB: Karlsson (1) from Prospal (1) and Ward (2)

14:39 TB: St.Louis (2) from Richards (2) and Kuba (1) PP

Penalties: 10:41 Darche (slashing); 11:29 Ranger (tripping); 14:12 Franzen (goalkeeper interference); 19:04 Ritola (holding the stick).

1st period

16:29 DET: Lebda (1) from Hudler (2) and Filppula (2)

Penalties: 1:34 Darche (goalkeeper interference); 12:28 Bench Minor served by Hudler (too many men).

I saw the game, and I would have to say everything is on point besides the fact of out *enforcers getting their butts kicked, Clarke did lose in a spirited bout, however Downey pulls out a W against crafty toughguy Andre Roy. Wow Roy is 0-2 the past 2 years when it comes to squaring of with a red wing. Ha ha

Everything is right, except Downey did not "get his butt kicked", he won. I watched the game, Roy and him had a good go, but Downey got the best punches, the last punch and the take down.

Im really starting to like Franzen too, this guy is gonna BREAK OUT this year.

Im calling it right now, 20+ goals and 50-60 points. Possibly more

Guest MrSandMan

Everything is right, except Downey did not "get his butt kicked", he won. I watched the game, Roy and him had a good go, but Downey got the best punches, the last punch and the take down.

Im really starting to like Franzen too, this guy is gonna BREAK OUT this year.

Im calling it right now, 20+ goals and 50-60 points. Possibly more

I just watched the youtube video and Roy Rocked Downey. Downey looked dazed and confused after he got his ass beat by Roy.

Sorry I can't wear the red and white goggles like everyone else, but I'm giving credit where credit is due. Downey was STOMPED!

Guest DetroitIan

I just watched the youtube video and Roy Rocked Downey. Downey looked dazed and confused after he got his ass beat by Roy.

Sorry I can't wear the red and white goggles like everyone else, but I'm giving credit where credit is due. Downey was STOMPED!

I completely agree with you that too many people are giving Downey the win. But you left out the fact that Downey almost made Roy's knees buckle with one shot. Any harder and Im sure Roy would have been KO'ed. It has nothing to do with any blinders, take a look at the video, Downey almost dropped Roy. However, Roy was able to stay on his feet, hense, Downey was not the winner. But still, you act like it was a complete annihilation. Which if anyone watches the fight, that's clearly not the case. If i was forced to pick the winner, then yeah, Roy absolutely gets the nod. But in no way was that fight completely one-sided.

Edited by DetroitIan