• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

10/28 GDT: Red Wings 3, Canucks 2

Rate this topic

OK. How does British Columbia end up with so many Red Wing fans? I'm origianlly from Commerce Township (Walled Lk Schools, hence the bad spelling :huh: ) and travelled a bit and ended up in Bellingham, Wa. , 90 seconds drive to the local ice rink.

Are most of you from Ontario?

Wings fans have a presence in every rink in the league...

Dom is probably scouting fashion. He has his clothing company back in the Czech Replublic. Vancouver is a very hip internationally influenced city.

As far as being a Wings fan at a Canucks game...many times I've been the only cracker playing basketball on the courts in downtown Detroit. I've been in "situations" shall we call them, all over the world. Now I live an hour south of Vancouver. The only time I was ever really nervous in my life is in Vancouver at a Wings game wearing my Wings Chelios jersey. Yes, sir, ree. Matter of fact, I won't do it again.

edit: typo

Really? I didn't have a problem at all. Some guys around me were ribbing me, but it was in good fun. I got some boos around the arena, but I can't say I was ever nervous. What happened that was threatening? I wonder if sitting in club seats had anything to do with it. It was pretty funny that some guy came up to me to tell me that Detroit sucks while wearing a Canucks jersey after the game. What the hell do you say to someone who tells you that the team that just beat his team sucks?