• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
motorcitykid

11/13 GDT: Blues 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan

Can win them all guys. Dom needs to shake the rust off. I hope he starts Saturday.

It's good Detroit face adversity. This will take us deeper in the playoffs.

I only saw the tail half of the 3rd so I cant say much, just looking at the stats. I kinda fell bad for Dom, 1 bad game he should retire, and Osgood CAN step in. Controversy? :P

Nah, it was one bad game. It happens. The team's been cruising for a fall and this was it. Pick 'em up and go again on Saturday.

One thing I can say about the Dom. When he's great, he's truly great. When he's bad... it's really bad. Nothing much in between for the goalie. There's no point in my saying that not every goal was on him alone, but most of you already know that. If the Wings brass decide to "retire" Cheli and Dom on the basis of this game, they need their heads examined. :cool: Needless to say, I think that's not too likely.

The team will move on. They'll be fine.

:thumbup: stuff:

Good for Dan Cleary, and *sniffle* for Hank's streak ending. Datsyuk is a treasure... I am more impressed every game, I swear.

Why hello there.

Weird! Congrats on predicting the final score correctly. DAMNIT!

If Hasek doesn't let in two softies it's a different game. As Dandy Don was fond of saying though ... if "Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

None taken.

I don't mind posting this each game, if Aflac can't do it. After all, his GDT are done so well.

I would've loved to win that elusive #10, but there's no reason we can't start another streak tonight. It is the Blues after all. :lol:

Wings 5-1.

Still laughing? The Boys with the Bluenote on their chest come away with the win and it feels so good. Fun game, tons of oddman breaks and that is an understatement.

Legace saved the Blues many times in the second, despite his horrid first period.

It was fun for me. Crowd really into it. OSGOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! I left work early today because I was so excited. Blues- Wings are all always great games. Hopefully this win will help you guys to hate the Blues more because the hatred on this side is great enough for a great rivalry.

Jamming out to music now.... :-)

You guys have a great team by the way.

Edited by Jack T Adams

Still laughing? The Boys with the Bluenote on their chest come away with the win and it feels so good. Fun game, tons of oddman breaks and that is an understatement.

yeah, now that you mention that... what is with, what... 13 odd-man rushes? Unbelievable. Let's hope that doesn't happen again on Saturday.

All of the odd-man rushes can really be attributed to a poor game from the Wings' defense. They were beat to a lot of pucks and looked silly on numerous occasions.

I mean, what do you expect when Andreas Lilja is out of the line-up? :sly:

Edited by RedWingsFanatic

Next time Babs thinks it's a good idea for the boys to play around instead of train, eh...I'm thinkin'...no. Nice thought, Babs, but the discipline went out the window as soon as we developed a lead, and it didn't jump back through.

You know, it was still a one goal game...I'm not saying it wasn't ugly or we played well and couldn't play a hell of a lot better, but it could've been a lot worse considering peoples reactions. I thought this one was in the bag too after the 1st, but stuff happens. It's disappointing but I'm not really worried about the team, offense, defense, goaltending or otherwise.

We've got a solid core of guys up front and a solid D in the back. They'll keep working out the kinks and you know Babcock's got his way of doing things that likely will yield us a solid team come playoff time.

Even on the goaltending front, I've been worried about Dom since late summer and am far moreso now, but again, who cares? Here's the deal...he'll get better or he won't. If he doesn't, he's probably going to bow out b/c he's not going to sit the bench all year and half-ass it as a backup. If he can't be the best, he'll leave. I don't doubt that at all. If that happens, we bring Howard up and keep riding Osgood and I'm more convinced than ever that that's ultimately the best idea at some point down the line, be it this year or next. If Hasek gets his act together though, we've got two great goalies. I just don't see the need for worry or concern.

All the stuff in the middle is just random BS and drama that'll work itself out on the ice in due time. But since speculating is so fun, I'm going to go with Dom's done before January ends. I think he'll give it a solid go and I hope he comes out and plays his best as it's a good thing, but eh, I'm doubtful...I haven't had a good vibe from him all year...with Osgood playing so well and games like this, then the looming 43...mid-January...that's my bet...but I hope I'm wrong...

You know, it was still a one goal game...I'm not saying it wasn't ugly or we played well and couldn't play a hell of a lot better, but it could've been a lot worse considering peoples reactions. I thought this one was in the bag too after the 1st, but stuff happens. It's disappointing but I'm not really worried about the team, offense, defense, goaltending or otherwise.

We've got a solid core of guys up front and a solid D in the back. They'll keep working out the kinks and you know Babcock's got his way of doing things that likely will yield us a solid team come playoff time.

Even on the goaltending front, I've been worried about Dom since late summer and am far moreso now, but again, who cares? Here's the deal...he'll get better or he won't. If he doesn't, he's probably going to bow out b/c he's not going to sit the bench all year and half-ass it as a backup. If he can't be the best, he'll leave. I don't doubt that at all. If that happens, we bring Howard up and keep riding Osgood and I'm more convinced than ever that that's ultimately the best idea at some point down the line, be it this year or next. If Hasek gets his act together though, we've got two great goalies. I just don't see the need for worry or concern.

All the stuff in the middle is just random BS and drama that'll work itself out on the ice in due time. But since speculating is so fun, I'm going to go with Dom's done before January ends. I think he'll give it a solid go and I hope he comes out and plays his best as it's a good thing, but eh, I'm doubtful...I haven't had a good vibe from him all year...with Osgood playing so well and games like this, then the looming 43...mid-January...that's my bet...but I hope I'm wrong...

If Dom doesn't work out here this year, my ideal scenario would be to shop him to some other team desperately needing a goaltender and let them deal with him. I don't *want* that to have to happen, but IF he doesn't improve, well...better to get parts that enhance the machine, aye?

Man, I really can't see the Wings trading Hasek. That's just weird to think about. And, to tell you the truth, I don't think many teams would want him. He was a gamble to begin with, and now he isn't playing very well, and I don't think there's a big market for a goalie like that.

With that being said, let's not too far ahead of ourselves here. We're still just getting started. He was a long time to improve. I'm the biggest Chris Osgood supporter in the world, but even I think we afford Dom some more patience.

The Wings had so many oddman rushes too. Blues too, but it went both ways. Legace just came out big. Normally, a few of those would have gone in and it would have been a very different game folks. I was so pissed after Legace's first period but he came up huge. How often do you see a goalie finish with a great game after allowing two weak goals in period one? All the pressure on you after the weaks ones, with no room for error, and he was solid.

Fun win but I'm looking forward to next Wednesday too. I'll get into St. Louis just in town to watch the game from JLA.

go blues

jack J adams (ignore the T).

I can't believe how loud the crowd sounds on the radio. Even before the Blues scored a million goals in a few minutes they sounded loud. Good on them, I guess.

Thanks for the good word, bud. I texted a message to a friend and said something along the lines, "can u believe this crowd, it reminds me of the old days."

They were way into it. Chanting loud all night.

If Dom doesn't work out here this year, my ideal scenario would be to shop him to some other team desperately needing a goaltender and let them deal with him. I don't *want* that to have to happen, but IF he doesn't improve, well...better to get parts that enhance the machine, aye?

Dom has zero trade value.

If he is injured or doesn't work out for some reason here, he's done for good.

Guest Canadian Wings

4 goals on 6 2nd period shots - almost like a bad dream

really sloppy game by us.

Man, I'm struggling to figure out what just happened. That was awfully quick. It's going to be very tough for the Wings to come back in the third period, I think. When did the Scottrade Center become a difficult place to play?

Two words....John Davidson.

Did you see his reaction after the third goal?

Two words....John Davidson.

Did you see his reaction after the third goal?

That was priceless... You'd never have seen Mark "get me out of this city and this sport" Sauer care like that.

BTW, we need to hit another game sometime.. Maybe I'll even pay for a beer or 2 of my own this time. :lol:

That was priceless... You'd never have seen Mark "get me out of this city and this sport" Sauer care like that.

BTW, we need to hit another game sometime.. Maybe I'll even pay for a beer or 2 of my own this time. :lol:

I'll get into St. Louis next week Wednesday afternoon. Blues play @ JLA that night. I talked to Punches and he said he's down for going to a bar for the game. We're having this discussion on Wings' board. :lol:

I'll get into St. Louis next week Wednesday afternoon. Blues play @ JLA that night. I talked to Punches and he said he's down for going to a bar for the game. We're having this discussion on Wings' board. :lol:

That's a beast of a plan.. I get off semi-early on Wednesdays and can sleep in on Thursdays, so I should be in.

I ended up missing the game <_<

I take it we bombed? What was the final score?

4-3 Blues.. Wings up 2-0 at end of 1st.. Blues score 4 in the 2nd period.. Wings get a fancy one in the 3rd but too little too late.