• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jack T Adams

Looking Forward To Wednesday!

Rate this topic

My dad and I have tickets to the game. I've been to three home games this year and the Blues have lost each one, including last night. Hopefully, that changes against Detroit.

It stinks that the Blues-Wings games are lumped together. I'd rather have them spaced out more.

Is Homer expected to be back for this game?

Scottrade will be rocking.

I'll be there. Born and raised in Saint Louis, but love hockey too much to be a Blues fan. I love it when we get the "Let's go Red Wings" chant louder than the Blues fans.

It's also great when the Wings would knock the Blues out of the playoffs and they still yell "Wings suck" at you when leaving the rink. Such ignorant hatred. Put half that energy to properly building a team and they could put together a dynasty.

I'll be there. Born and raised in Saint Louis, but love hockey too much to be a Blues fan. I love it when we get the "Let's go Red Wings" chant louder than the Blues fans.

It's also great when the Wings would knock the Blues out of the playoffs and they still yell "Wings suck" at you when leaving the rink. Such ignorant hatred. Put half that energy to properly building a team and they could put together a dynasty.

I love how lame the atmosphere was at the Joe the two times I went to Blues games there compared to the atmosphere at Scottrade.

I love STL and hockey and not a frontrunner so it was easy to be a Blues fan.

Actually you don't hear the "Lets go Wings" chant anymore in STL because as I predicted, as soon as the Wings stopped winning Cups at an alarming rate, the bandwagon fell off the road. At the old Arena you NEVER saw more than a handful of Wings fans....and it stayed that way at the Kiel until the Wings starting winning Cups. There was just a smattering of Wings fans on Thursday and it's been that way for 3 years now. Sorry, that's the truth.

Edited by WingsAreSoft

Actually you don't hear the "Lets go Wings" chant anymore in STL because as I predicted, as soon as the Wings stopped winning Cups at an alarming rate, the bandwagon fell off the road. At the old Arena you NEVER saw more than a handful of Wings fans....and it stayed that way at the Kiel until the Wings starting winning Cups. There was just a smattering of Wings fans on Thursday and it's been that way for 3 years now. Sorry, that's the truth.

Hey at least our Wings have won some cups ;)

Edited by wingslogo19

I'm excited, too bad I have no money and will never be able to make it to a game. But I have my TV nonetheless. :)

Anway after 4 days without the Wings I begin to experience serious withdrawl so this will be nice...

I love how lame the atmosphere was at the Joe the two times I went to Blues games there compared to the atmosphere at Scottrade.

I love STL and hockey and not a frontrunner so it was easy to be a Blues fan.

Yeah, the Joe has been pretty empty this year... I mean there's no way the fact that people in Michigan are having a difficult time paying their bills and feeding their families has anything to do with the attendance of Red Wings games.

You're right. It's sad but the fact is every city is full of bandwagon fans. A team will always have more "fans" when they are successful. Look what happened to the Ducks all of a sudden... They actually have fans now.

Oh well, it's like that with every team and every city. Now the blue collar fans have a better chance at getting Wings tickets instead of the corporate folk. Plus the Tigers, Pistons, and Lions have created a lot of buzz in the city as well. There's many factors involved, not just the lack of Cups.

Also, interest in the NHL is down across to board. The Salary Cap and the new rules aren't as great as Bettman and the owners were saying they'd be.

Edited by Barrie