• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hak

JWC: Gold medal game Sweden vs Canada

Rate this topic

Starts in ~1 hour

Pretty obvious who are the favorites to win here. Just take a look at these statitics

Team history JWC:

Canada

2007 Canada GOLD

2006 Canada GOLD

2005 Canada GOLD

2004 Canada SILVER

2003 Canada SILVER

2002 Canada SILVER

2001 Canada BRONZE

2000 Canada BRONZE

1999 Canada SILVER

1997 Canada GOLD

1996 Canada GOLD

1995 Canada GOLD

1994 Canada GOLD

1993 Canada GOLD

1991 Canada GOLD

1990 Canada GOLD

1988 Canada GOLD

1986 Canada SILVER

1985 Canada GOLD

1983 Canada BRONZE

1982 Canada GOLD

1978 Canada BRONZE

1977 Canada SILVER

Sweden

1996 Sweden SILVER

1995 Sweden BRONZE

1994 Sweden SILVER

1993 Sweden SILVER

1992 Sweden SILVER

1987 Sweden BRONZE

1981 Sweden GOLD

1980 Sweden BRONZE

1979 Sweden BRONZE

1978 Sweden SILVER

With that being said this is 2008 and new teams are competing. Sweden is undefeated so far in the tournament even beating canada 4-3 in round robin.

What are your predictions for this game?

I believe it's gonna be a close and exciting game. Sweden has a strong and smart defence which i believe will shut down alot of canadas power we saw in the semi finals against USA. Sweden will have a hard time scoring on Mason. 2-1 or 3-2 to canada is my prediction.

Sweden is the most offensive team in the tournament so far with 24 goals in 5 games. Also leads point production in powerplay.

Canada has the fewest GA in the tournament.

Someone help me add some more info//stats please.

Here's for a great game tonight :beerbuddy:

Go sweden! :)

Canada 2-0 after 2 periods.

The initial Sweden win over Canada was a total flop if you saw the goals. Today's game is different. Even strength situations look like powerplays for Canada.

Canada 2-0 after 2 periods.

The initial Sweden win over Canada was a total flop if you saw the goals. Today's game is different. Even strength situations look like powerplays for Canada.

:thumbup:

Ok this game is ******* insane...Some great hockey by Canada in the first 2 periods and then Sweden takes over...Beautiful hockey - this is what it's all about...Not the crap goals from the first match...GREAT STUFF!!

EDIT: I should add that the Swe commentators are going completely crazy...It's been a while since I heard something this crazy!!

Edited by SweWings

it's the most exciting period of hockey i've seen in a long time

canada dominated first period. sweden came out flying in the beginning of the 2nd but were set back by 3 or 4 penalties in a row + canada played great.

third period is not the same game. canada seems to focus more on defence and sweden starts to dominate the game totally. gets 1 goal in the mid and then less then 1 minute left they tie the game :D

i can't wait for OT

goo!!

Gold goes to Canada...Crap goal tho to be honest...

This isn't a beauty contest, a goal is a goal.... Either way it was a really great game to watch, both teams played very hard. The swedes are going to be a good team next year as well. Congrads to the Swedes :thumbup:

Goalie of the tourney... Mason

Matthias drives to the net at a sharp angle, buddy bangs in the rebound...

Amusingly enough, it was Joakim Andersson he outmuscled to get to the front of the net.

The Swedish goalie Enroth looked crushed. I feel bad for him. He had a pretty solid tournament I thought.

Canada got the gold they always come for!

YES!

I thought Sweden walked all over us last game, and I didn't count them out for a second in this one but I guess both teams lucked out and Canada came out on top of the pile... The world juniors are always big for me since as a young lad I watched Hasek play against Canada in the final in Helsinki more than a few years ago...

Amusingly enough, it was Joakim Andersson he outmuscled to get to the front of the net.

Well I was rubbing it in and your sharp eye makes it even funnier... Just cause I thought Matthias looks like a great prospect...