• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

Who would you take, solid 2nd liner, or Dman.

Rate this topic

I just don't see Kubina as being a good long term fit for the Wings. The Wings can use some defensive depth, but with the players they already have under contract, plus the defensive prospects they have, I just don't see the point of adding a $5 million dollar depth defenseman like Kubina. Especiall if Cleary gets a big raise this summer and Zetterberg gets one next summer.

If Kubina can fit under the cap with the upcoming raises, what is the problem?

If Kubina can fit under the cap with the upcoming raises, what is the problem?

I'm not a numbers guy, but I'll take your word that he'll fit under the cap. My problem is that Kubina is purely depth, he's not a defenseman that the Wings need longterm. We can get defensive depth for less than that. Having this contract anchoring them down could hurt the Wings ability to get players that they need more than Kubina.

Kaberle is the one player the Leafs SHOULDN'T explore trading. He's their best defenseman and one of the best in the league, and he's not paid what he's worth. Compare with McCabe, Kubina, and Gill, who are all paid more than they are worth.

If Kaberle is available, Holland should inquire. Because he would be the PERFECT acquisition.

They'll trade any of the big contracts for the proper return. They won't trade Kaberle just for the sake of trading him. The return has to be worth it in the long term.