• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

Who would you take, solid 2nd liner, or Dman.

Rate this topic

Why not both? The Wings, for as good as their record is, have very little depth, and injuries are common in the postseason. If guys like Ellis and Meech are going to be getting regular minutes in the playoffs, I really don't not like the Wings chances.

There are a couple of guys that I had in mind. One is Chris Gratton. He provides the perfect element of size and grit, while still being able to produce points. The other is Ryan Malone, since he also plays the same way. Malone might cost more to give up, though, and he also plays for a team that's still in the playoff hunt, so it'd be easier to get Gratton.

On defense, I'd like to see the Wings go after someone like Brad Stuart, Steve Montador, or Mike Commodore. Heck, I'd even take Marek Malik, for the right price of course. The Wings very much absolutley need depth on defense. Kronwall is a huge risk factor, and they should not have guys like Meech playing regular minutes in the playoffs. Plus, they need more physical players back there, and some of these guys (especially Montador) will provide that.

He's tall and Canadian, right? That means he must be a physcial force.

:lol:

LOL! :lol:

Awesome, why is it that know one has ever thought of a thread like this before. /sarcasm!

Rolston (almost impossible)

Kessel (Boston has said if they make a move he will be a part of it)

Staios

Kubina (didn't really think about him until Eva posted it, didn't realize he was trade able).

I'd have to go with a 2nd line winger. As much as we could use a D-man, I don't really like any of the options out there- either too old, too expensive, playing for a playoff team, or a combinaiton of the three.

A solid second line winger who could score and play some defense would allow us to seperate Z and Dats on the road and have 2 great lines (depending on the caliber of the player, of course) so the other team couldn't focus on just one. I can only think of one team with the defensive depth to hang with that possibility. Sadly, it's Anahiem.

The cap is going up $3mil. Kenny, bring me Hossa!

Kessel may be moved? Me thinks they should give the kid some time to physically/mentally mature...He's not Crosby - never has been, & never will be, but from what little I've seen of him - he has the tools to be a 80 plus point per season player.

Me thinks Holland really needs to solidify our 2nd line before we add any Dmen, but it all depends on who's available, & for what price.

To me this would be a huge mistake but the team (GM, coach, and Cam Neely VP of some stupid s***) have stated that if a move is made, Kessel will be part of it.

I think it is because he is attractive to a lot of other teams and they have so much money tied up in Sturm, Savard, Bergeroen, Chara, and Murray for the next 2 years that they need to find a way to get more (as in quantity not quality) skilled players and he is definitely going to get them something in return. He has a hard time finishing at the net, right now, he gets there, he has nice moves, but he has a hard time finishing what he set up. A lot of his assists are rebounds. But he has a ton of upside and is dirt cheap for next year (850) then he is RFA.

I would like a whole new team... one that is good enough to beat the LA Kings and one that is good enough win the stanley cup... made up of entirely every other teams star players while only sacrificing our draft picks and scrubs....

Ahhhhh there i am so glad to get that off my chest. Now i can sleep better.

Where did this Kubina obsession come from all of a sudden? He's just a smaller, slightly better version of Uwe Krupp. Besides, what makes anyone think Toronto wants to move him, and just how much are you willing to give up for him?

Toronto would LOVE to get his contract off the books.

Where did this Kubina obsession come from all of a sudden? He's just a smaller, slightly better version of Uwe Krupp. Besides, what makes anyone think Toronto wants to move him, and just how much are you willing to give up for him?

He probably did something absolutely amazing last night...or something amazing against us sometime in the past 15 years.... that usually sparks all the OMG HOW GOOD WOULD HE LOOK ON OUR TEAM??? talks. <_<

thank god it didn't mean a new thread with is name though....thank god it didn't :)

Edited by OsGOD

OH I don't have a problem with his name, others do.

Names of former players doesn't really bother me, well except Ulfie boy but that was his style I hated (What he did to Cam and others) not so much the fact that he had the Audacity to once have been a wing. HOW DARE SAMMY, what he must think every day he puts that sweater on,

ha ha, I have them fooled I don't deserve to wear this wheel, but I am and because of me great players like Aaron Downey, Tomas Kopecky, Dallas Drake, Kirk Maltby, Matt Ellis, Mark Hartigan, and others don't get second line minutes!!! ha ha I am a mastermind!!!

OH I don't have a problem with his name, others do.

Names of former players doesn't really bother me, well except Ulfie boy but that was his style I hated (What he did to Cam and others) not so much the fact that he had the Audacity to once have been a wing. HOW DARE SAMMY, what he must think every day he puts that sweater on,

I don't have a problem with Sammy the way other people do, but your quote although humorous, isn't the reason that most people here hate Sammy.

I don't have a problem with Sammy the way other people do, but your quote although humorous, isn't the reason that most people here hate Sammy.

Well first off thanks for calling it humorous! :blush:

But that was the point I wasn't trying to say that those were the reasons just trying to be funny.

The Wings are near the top of the league in scoring - I don't see that as being a problem. If someone goes down, its easier to bring up a forward and have them contribute than it is to bring up a dman. The Wings need some depth on defense cuz the playoffs can be hard on dmen.

Interesting article in the Calgary Herald today suggests the team most in need of Blake is the Ducks and the team least in need of him is the Wings. Says the Wings need depth on d, but the cost of Blake is too much. Wings are in great shape to be a dominant team for a number of years and they don't need and don't want to mortgage the future for a player who won't guarantee them a Cup (reference made to Bert last year. The Ducks on the other hand are screwed. They need to win this year because they will have no choice but to dismantle their team for cap reasons next year.

Get a good 5th or 6th dman.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't get him, because of that big contract.

True. On the other hand Detroit has the space to absorb the amount that Kubina is overpaid. Not a lot of teams can afford to do that. Besides, Kubina isn't a bad player and would be able to contribute well. I don't see a problem with picking a guy like this up, but only if he comes cheap - really cheap.

The Wings are near the top of the league in scoring - I don't see that as being a problem. If someone goes down, its easier to bring up a forward and have them contribute than it is to bring up a dman. The Wings need some depth on defense cuz the playoffs can be hard on dmen.

Interesting article in the Calgary Herald today suggests the team most in need of Blake is the Ducks and the team least in need of him is the Wings. Says the Wings need depth on d, but the cost of Blake is too much. Wings are in great shape to be a dominant team for a number of years and they don't need and don't want to mortgage the future for a player who won't guarantee them a Cup (reference made to Bert last year. The Ducks on the other hand are screwed. They need to win this year because they will have no choice but to dismantle their team for cap reasons next year.

Get a good 5th or 6th dman.

We are scoring now as we do every year in the regular season... can that 5th or 6th d-man light the lamp on a continual night in night out occurance after April 8th? thats the bummer... we need a forward that is playoff compatiable.

Funny you mention him. Watching NHL Network and some old Wings playoff games. Holy f*** was he horrible!!!

i simply cannot believe that some of u guys want pavel kubina. outside of stating the obvious that hes under contract for another 2 years at 5 million, completely ******* up our chances of signing cleary and zetterberg, HE SUCKS.

i want TJ Hensick.... man he is a sick bastard who can play some real puck... probably play some good D if he was forced to by an over bearing coach

TJ HENSICK for the 2008 deadline deal of the century!!!

i simply cannot believe that some of u guys want pavel kubina. outside of stating the obvious that hes under contract for another 2 years at 5 million, completely ******* up our chances of signing cleary and zetterberg, HE SUCKS.

Kubina is probably the best defenseman who might be available. He's good offensively, capable defensively and physical. He has not played well for Toronto the past few years, but has been playing well this season and has performed well in the postseason.

If we can get Kubina for the same kind of assets that would get us Blake (likely), and we can fit it under the cap (possible depending on Cleary, Flip, and Hank), why WOULDN'T we want to do it?

That's the real question.