• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

So who still wants to trade Ozzie?

Rate this topic

Miller76, just to answer your question, the reason you didn't hear anything about Osgood is because Theodore was the third star of the game, he actually had some goaltending to do last night. Ozzie hardly deserves any credit, the team in front of him does.

Ozzie had an easy night. All first half of this year Ozzie had it easy, hence his stats, after all-star game when our team wasn't playing good, he couldn't steal any games for us based on his skills. He's a good goalie, but just average and looks better given the team in front of him.

...easy? He may have had it easier after the Wings scored the 4th goal. But in the first period, he made some stellar saves when they needed him to. When it was still 0-0 and 1-0, he stopped some great chances, chances that were going in the last few starts. No, he didn't win it himself, the entire team stepped it up, but they had to with Lidstrom out. (They are going to have to keep it up for a few weeks now.)

...Osgood won't be traded, if the Wings came to him about a trade scenario, he would just retire. This is his last stop (much like Chelios) when he is ready to hang em up, it'll be while he wearing the Winged Wheel...

...but to answer the OP's question. It's much like your job. If you do your job and do it well, you don't hear much about it. Screw up a few times and holy hell comes down. Like the say 'No news is good news." We all know Ozzie played great, just because we aren't on here calling for a Vezina doesn't mean we don't recognize him. It's just easier to say someting when someone plays bad. No news is good news...

Edited by LeftWinger

Nice post, Opie. Good luck with that, when you're trying to get through to biased fans.

I have made this exact same argument for that other Wings' goalie when he supposedly gets "easy" shutouts and his contributions are dismissed... just substitute the other goalie's name for Ozzie's and you have almost my exact words, more than once this season.

You're right, of course, about all of it. Welcome to my world. :lol:

Nice post, Opie. Good luck with that, when you're trying to get through to biased fans.

I have made this exact same argument for that other Wings' goalie when he supposedly gets "easy" shutouts and his contributions are dismissed... just substitute the other goalie's name for Ozzie's and you have almost my exact words, more than once this season.

You're right, of course, about all of it. Welcome to my world. :lol:

I would have made the same defense of the other "Lucky" goalie.

I am tired of the theory around here that goalies aren't good because of the team in front of them. In order to get to this level they have to be good, and I guarantee you that some of the "Lucky saves" Dom and Ozzie made go in on J-HO. And I am a huge J-Ho fan. But he doesn't have the experience and the skill that these two have.

But you know what, some people on this board will always root against some Red Wing or another, for some reason rooting for a team and it's players is a lot more difficult for some than others!

I would have made the same defense of the other "Lucky" goalie.

I am tired of the theory around here that goalies aren't good because of the team in front of them. In order to get to this level they have to be good, and I guarantee you that some of the "Lucky saves" Dom and Ozzie made go in on J-HO. And I am a huge J-Ho fan. But he doesn't have the experience and the skill that these two have.

But you know what, some people on this board will always root against some Red Wing or another, for some reason rooting for a team and it's players is a lot more difficult for some than others!

I know you would have, Opie. Damn, Dom IS lucky to have such fans, isn't he? So's Ozzie. <_<

It's a good thing they probably don't actually care what we think. They know who they are and what they contribute, and so do the Wings themselves. :thumbup: