• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Hockey player are real men

Rate this topic

Pro wrestlers are the toughest guys around. After that I'd pick hockey players.

Agreed. Of all the occupations that require grown men to put on what can only be explained as a hybred between a taudry burlesque and heavyweight MMA, in which they run around half-naked and get frisky with one another, Pro-Wrestlers definitely take the crown.

Edited by awingsincebirth

I don't agree.

I will say that going through a wrestling match is likely rougher than a hockey game in some instances. However I don't see the difference in practice that much, and how often do guys wrestle, compared to playing hockey. Wrestlers match up like once a month, hockey players do it 2-3 times a week.

Wrestlers wrestle every week and travel 12 months a year unlike hockey players. Yes the moves are scripted, but they get injured a lot more often than hockey players do. Added to that are pain killers, steroids, and freak injuries which is why these guys die so often and so young. Also, what they do is just not natural in its own right. Being hit by 300 pound men or getting hit with steel chairs or falling on ladders is just downright crazy. Say what you want about their profession, but as a hockey fan and a wrestling fan, I've got to say that wrestlers are tougher from what I've observed.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Wrestlers wrestle every week and travel 12 months a year unlike hockey players. Yes the moves are scripted, but they get injured a lot more often than hockey players do. Added to that are pain killers, steroids, and freak injuries which is why these guys die so often and so young. Also, what they do is just not natural in its own right. Being hit by 300 pound men or getting hit with steel chairs or falling on ladders is just downright crazy. Say what you want about their profession, but as a hockey fan and a wrestling fan, I've got to say that wrestlers are tougher from what I've observed.

No...... they don't. There's a full show, but people do not wrestle every week.

No...... they don't. There's a full show, but people do not wrestle every week.

Where did you get the idea that they only wrestle once a month? It's once a week on TV plus the road tours that are non-televised. Yeah, they don't wrestle as often as they used to as recently as 10 years ago, but their overall schedule is still a lot longer than the NHL's, with no break in between. I guarantee you hockey players have it a lot easier, and hockey players don't die very often, thankfully.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I am counting the days until Cleary comes back. He has so much heart and soul, I really miss seeing him play. I think that he is going to be great in the playoffs. I hope that he will be a Red Wing for the rest of his career.