• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Run ins wearing the red.

Rate this topic

I guess this is a two part thread.

Part 1

I just got to thinking about Zetterbergs hat trick, and realized I was at the arena for his other two. The one against the Wild at the Joe, and the first one in Glendale, AZ against the Coyotes. I guess I feel privleged to have seen them both.

Has anyone been in person to see history made at a game?

Part 2

being that I live in the Ducks market area, and that I travel frequently and catch a game wherever I can, I always seem to draw the attention of opposing teams fans. Mostly in part because I wear my red CHELIOS jersey, and that I talk a little s*** from time to time. Nothing physical towards me happening, but I get in some heated debates about who's better and who sucks.

Does anyone else on here outside of the Detroit market take a lot of heat for wearing the red?

Im from san diego, we went up to anahiem when they played the wings for their home opener years ago and we all had wings jerseys on, and almost got into a fight with these drunk idiots next to us who couldnt grasp the fact that the wings are a better team.

Edited by tommingthepuck96

I draw zero heat for wearing my jersey here, but then again...everyone here is about gators football. I do meet a lot of other Michigan transplants when I go out with it though.

We did get a "Lets go Red Wings" chant going on at a bar while the guy on stage was talking about the gators game. The looks of confusion from the natives was $$$

I live in Michigan. But I have taking a few road trips. My family and I went to Chicago a few years ago and we all wearing Wings jerseys. We took a lot of heat, even from the security guard and concession workers.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Does anyone else on here outside of the Detroit market take a lot of heat for wearing the red?

From the locals? I think the Winged Wheel confuses them mostly, and I've grown tired of trying to explain why I am also not a Lions fan.

The occasional knuckle-headed Canadian visitor will know the deal. But they're Canadian, so, y'know - what are they gonna do about it? Win a Cup in 1993? Tip 10%?

aloha

:::::::::Explanation of the above '10% tip' joke for my canuck brethren:::::::

If your tab is $80......leave the hundy. Not $8, not $12, not even $16 - just leave the 20 and walk.

From the locals? I think the Winged Wheel confuses them mostly, and I've grown tired of trying to explain why I am also not a Lions fan.

The occasional knuckle-headed Canadian visitor will know the deal. But they're Canadian, so, y'know - what are they gonna do about it? Win a Cup in 1993? Tip 10%?

aloha

If your tab is $80......leave the hundy. Not $8, not $12, not even $16 - just leave the 20 and walk.

I see you are in south Kihei. We stay at a condo down there at Maui Kamaole right there at Kamaole Beach #3, anyways I wore my Wings hat last time I was there, and people kept asking me if it was an advertisement for tires or wheels? I just laughed.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I get flack for wearing my wing's wear... but then again I'm in the LA area aswell :)

I was at the game in Calgary where Yzerman's last goal ever was scored. It was great because It was probably the only regular season game in the last 10 that ive been to here where the Wings actually won...Im so tired of being totally pissed every time I leave the dome, and the stupid flames fans and all the amount of crap I catch for sporting the winged wheel here in calgary just makes it all worse...

and this confuses me:

aloha

Im Canadian and I serve at a restaurant and I still don't understand what youre getting at...

Guest CaliWingsNut
That whole area around Staples is crap. Especially right there trying to get back on the 110

I only periodically see staples center, since I'm closer to the city, but yeah...then again...all our freeways are crap, I ignore them as much as possible.

Not really. But that's because no one around here knows hockey, so there's really no one knowledgeable enough to give me crap.

Occasionally I'll get questioned by those in the know whenever I wear my Shanny Rangers jersey or my Ovy jersey ("Rangers/Capitals? I thought you were a Red Wings fan..."), not seeming to realize that just because one is dedicated to a single team doesn't mean they can't also appreciate those around the league. That's probably the closest I get to "crap". :P

In fact, there are a few Michigan transplants out here (professors on the campus at which I work) with whom I talk Red Wings hockey and Tigers baseball.

Fans in St. Louis will chant "Detroit Sucks" over and over again everytime I go to a Red Wings/Blues game. They have even done it at non Wings games. St. Louis loves to hate the Wings, well at least most fans. I never play hockey, watch hockey, or go to a hockey game without wearing something Red Wings so everywhere I go in St. Louis I'm wearing Red. I wore my Lids Jersey to my work at the start of the playoffs last year and some guy thought it was an old Cardinals player.

I see you are in south Kihei. We stay at a condo down there at Maui Kamaole right there at Kamaole Beach #3, anyways I wore my Wings hat last time I was there, and people kept asking me if it was an advertisement for tires or wheels? I just laughed.

Aloha and welcome to my world. I've called our cable company each and every year for the last 7 yrs to request that they offer the Centre Ice package. I've spoken with the same lady no less than 3x (her name is Porsche) - she laughs at me.

I WISH I could take some heat from someone! Wings are rolling, playoffs are coming, we're generally healthy..............when's your next visit? We'll go to the SportsPage and force them to turn all the TVs to the Wings game. Demand some heat!

aloha nui loa

(I'm across from Kam III - yer across from the boat ramp.)

As far as I know, I am the only one on this board who saw Yzerman's final game at Rexall in the 2006 playoffs LIVE IN PERSON. I feel privileged to have seen my fav. player of all time play his final game. I got heat for wearing my Wings jersey to that game...

Aloha and welcome to my world. I've called our cable company each and every year for the last 7 yrs to request that they offer the Centre Ice package. I've spoken with the same lady no less than 3x (her name is Porsche) - she laughs at me.

I WISH I could take some heat from someone! Wings are rolling, playoffs are coming, we're generally healthy..............when's your next visit? We'll go to the SportsPage and force them to turn all the TVs to the Wings game. Demand some heat!

aloha nui loa

(I'm across from Kam III - yer across from the boat ramp.)

Yep the boat ramp is right across the street, I came in there puking from that blue water rafting half day trip. lol. I was wondering where a good place to watch sports out there on that part of the island. I thought that Freds would be good, but I wasn't impressed being that we have one here in Huntington Beach, CA. i am thinking maybe July, maybe sooner.

I guess this is a two part thread.

Part 1

I just got to thinking about Zetterbergs hat trick, and realized I was at the arena for his other two. The one against the Wild at the Joe, and the first one in Glendale, AZ against the Coyotes. I guess I feel privleged to have seen them both.

Has anyone been in person to see history made at a game?

My friend and I went to the Dec. 15th game against the

. It was the 2 penalty shot game (Dats missed, but Fil scored), both Cheli and Lidstrom scored on Osgood, and it was Babcock's 200th win, so I'd say it was pretty historic. It was probably one of the best games I've been too. The Joe was rockin fo sho. :cool:

Swapped out some tickets from a season ticket holder for the Ducks wow close to 10 years ago and everyone around me was giving me crap (they were all obviously season ticket holders because the seats were awesome) .... probably just depressed Duck fans (Mighty Ducks back then) but of course they sucked then and the Wings went on to win the cup that year. Obviously, they didn't have a didn't have anything meaningful to say though.

i saw the wings v ottawa this year and it was stevie's induction to the ottawa sports hall of fame. obviously not that big of a deal or honour but it meant that they had a ceremony for him before the game honoring his career and then at every tv timeout they played an awesome montage on the screen of stevie highlights. it was magical....except the wings lost which sucked.

because it was yzermans night there were an incredible amount of wings fans there and even some michiganers who made the trip! but i never get any crap about my jersey because sens fans are too busy being losers and hating the leafs.