RedLightGoesOn

1st Round Opponent: Flames or Predators

Rate this topic

best case scenario (realistically)

wings beat preds

avs beat wild

ducks beat stars

sj beats the flames

so round 2 is wings vs avs and sharks vs ducks.

Yes, yes, and YES!

Not saying it would be a cakewalk, but those are two teams we should unquestionably beat.

Edited by thedisappearer

If anyone would rather see the Wings play Calgary, then they ought to have their head examined.

They're a lot more physical than Nashville, with a tougher road environment, more travel, and a better goalie.

Let San Jose play Calgary, since that would be a tougher test for them.

The Wings have a history of beating Calgary. But I'm not pickign my poison. I think Calgary would be a more ENTERTAINING series, but either way, I feel confident the Wings can grind out a win.

Alot of Preds fans here would actually prefer to play Detroit over San Jose. Not because they think they can beat us, its just their sick of losing to San Jose.

lots of the usual "Wings choke in the 1st round" crap on 104.5.....Seems to me that you need to win a playoff game on the road and a series before you start talking about other teams past failures. Playoffs are a different beast, but both teams have inconsistent goaltending.

Hey Wings friends!

I'm really hoping the Preds can lose tonight in Chicago so that we can play the wings in the first round. There will be a barbecue in Nashville, everyone else from around the league is invited to come and eat your crow.

Haven't been posting around here much this season, and I don't guess i'll be around much in the playoffs either, I really do enjoy chatting with the majority around here, but the few bad apples just add too much stress that I haven't needed to deal with this season on top of what went on last summer.

I'd wish the Wings good luck as usual... but not against my Preds.

can't wait to get this series going next week!!!

Maybe you can pick up one of those catfish they throw on the ice and pig out ! When you are for a supposed division rival and you post in another teams site, you should expect to catch hell once in a while. Just because someone doesn't see the Predators through your homervision, doesn't mean they are bad apples.

I would prefer Nashville for a few reasons

1. I would get to see at least two games before I start using my Southwest vouchers flying to Detroit.

2. I would love nothing more to rub it in to all the a$$holes I encounter that have the nerve to say that the Wings are choke artists yet they can't get past the fact that they've done jack in the whopping 3 series they've been in.

3. I have a hard time getting up at 6am the day after a west coast game.

Maybe you can pick up one of those catfish they throw on the ice and pig out ! When you are for a supposed division rival and you post in another teams site, you should expect to catch hell once in a while. Just because someone doesn't see the Predators through your homervision, doesn't mean they are bad apples.

Relax. He's been here longer than you, he's generally a very intelligent and respectful poster, and he knows the drill. That kind of stuff isn't necessary.

Anyhow, I agree wholeheartedly with the Pro-Nashville contingent. I'd far prefer them over Calgary.

For the third straight year, I was fervently hoping for a Wings-Avs first round series, but Colorado continues to be useless in every way. :rolleyes: Oh well.

I would prefer Nashville for a few reasons

1. I would get to see at least two games before I start using my Southwest vouchers flying to Detroit.

2. I would love nothing more to rub it in to all the a$holes I encounter that have the nerve to say that the Wings are choke artists yet they can't get past the fact that they've done jack in the whopping 3 series they've been in.

3. I have a hard time getting up at 6am the day after a west coast game.

Don't forget that we "buy our team" but if you look at theirs, their core is stacked with free agent signings. I don't see the Wing's having to get revenue sharing money, but yet once again Nashville has their hands out getting revenue sharing from the NHL.

Guest Leary Biscuit

i like the idea of sjs facing calgary in the first round, i'm much more concerned about them then i am the ducks, i think SJS would win that series but calgary would definitely bang em up a little. Especially if they played the ducks and met us in the conference finals, we'd be facing a pretty banged up squad with hopefully a crucial injury or two.

Edited by Leary Biscuit

Guest Leary Biscuit

douple post sorry

Edited by Leary Biscuit

best case scenario (realistically)

wings beat preds

avs beat wild

ducks beat stars

sj beats the flames

so round 2 is wings vs avs and sharks vs ducks.

I agree. That's the best scenario for the Wings.

As a Sharks fan, any combination works if the Wild gets to the 2nd round. The Sharks swept the Wild and the Preds this season so, while we all know regular season success doesn't insure playoff success, the Wild would be preferred to the Ducks/Stars winner.

I would like to see the Wings play the Preds mainly too see the Wings destroy the Preds.

I just seem to be filled with a mild sort of abject hatred whenever I see the Blackhawks play Central Division opponents. And since, in the end, the Predators kind of suck this year, I want to see them suck in the worst way possible.

Let's see... best case scenario; we play the Predaturds and win in 4, while the Flamers/San Josers series goes 7 games. Dion "I've had a" Phaneuf of the Sharks puts a beating on Thornton and Regehr pounds on Mih-alcoholic for all 7 games.

no one has any worries that the preds are a central team, and therefore might give us fits?

Granted the games between them have been close this year they are an unproven bunch with a revolving door in goal. Can Dan Ellis stand up to the pressure of the Stanley Cup playoffs? Chris Mason can’t. Nashville beat the Hawks and BJ’s, awesome, those guys are going to be golfing in 3 days. I fear our own implosion more than anything else.