• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut4013

Who would you rather play?

Rate this topic

I want calgary. for one they will be more exhausted than the avs. also, i want san jose to lose.

plus, you never know, maybe we will see the avs in the conference final.

Wouldn't that be sweet? Wings & Lanche for the Marbles again! Remember 02! Perhaps the Avs could pull Patty Wah out of suspension/retirement and we can light him up again!

Which team would the LGW's rather see in the 2nd round?

My opinion I would rather see Calgary because that means that San Jose is out, plain and simple!

I wouldn't mind the Red Wings playing Dallas, Calgary or Colorado in the third round. San Jose is the only team that worries me as a Red Wings fan.

I want Colorado for the following reasons:

1. History. It'll be fun to see another Avs-Wings matchup

2. Theodore is playing very, very well but I'd still prefer to face him over Kipersoff.

3. Calgary's a LOT more physical than Colorado. Could take it's toll on the Wings.

However, saying that, while Calgary has better D than Colorado the Avs still have a very good defensive core. And their offense is much better than the Flames. Facing Sakic, Forsberg, Statsny, Hejduk, Smyth and Wolski every other shift doesn't make me sleep well. And their 3rd and 4th lines have some muscle and decent scoring too.

Either way, it's only going to get harder.

I want Colorado for the following reasons:

1. History. It'll be fun to see another Avs-Wings matchup

2. Theodore is playing very, very well but I'd still prefer to face him over Kipersoff.

3. Calgary's a LOT more physical than Colorado. Could take it's toll on the Wings.

However, saying that, while Calgary has better D than Colorado the Avs still have a very good defensive core. And their offense is much better than the Flames. Facing Sakic, Forsberg, Statsny, Hejduk, Smyth and Wolski every other shift doesn't make me sleep well. And their 3rd and 4th lines have some muscle and decent scoring too.

Either way, it's only going to get harder.

I would also prefer Colorado for two reasons you didn't mention ( I agree with the 3 you listed though...)

The other two reasons:

1. Colorado is less travel for the Wings.

2. The away games won't be AS late for us OLD Eastern Time Zone folks! :D

I would also prefer Colorado for two reasons you didn't mention ( I agree with the 3 you listed though...)

The other two reasons:

1. Colorado is less travel for the Wings.

2. The away games won't be AS late for us OLD Eastern Time Zone folks! :D

Excellent points!

The one reason why I would like a Flames series though is CBC. It's always in HD while I don't get HD for TSN or VS.