• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedStormRising

No More Respect for Turco

Rate this topic

I would agree with that, especially if you are a Wings fan....

Too Too is pretty high up there two I would think....

Way back when, I was watching the Detroit / St Louis game. I turned to my wife and said "We could use a guy like that". Before I finished the statement, he took a puck to the chest. His eyes rolled back in his head and he fell to the ice. I can't figure out when I really started to dislike him, but I hate him now as much as anyone else I can think of..

I actually like Marty Turco, and think he is a good goalie.

I wouldn't go as far as making the statement that I hate him after that comment.

He is just siding for his team, which no matter right or wrong most people tend to do, side with there team, or "family" so to speak.

As far as agreeing or dissagreeing with the call, I think that call was complete bullsh*t. That goal should of 100% totally counted. Biased or not towards Detroit, every hockey fan should agree.

Hell, if Barry F*cking Melrose agrees, then we all know it should of counted.

As far as the people saying Mike Modano is whiny, I disrepect that. He is a class act and one of the best to play the game, I have much respect for him, hes one of my favorite players.

Turco's a great goalie and I'm sure he's a swell guy but man, I HATE when he talks to the media. Everything that comes out of his mouth just seems petulant. Seriously, I read these quotes from him and I just roll my eyes and groan. Just keep the guy in net and away from the press.

Way back when, I was watching the Detroit / St Louis game. I turned to my wife and said "We could use a guy like that". Before I finished the statement, he took a puck to the chest. His eyes rolled back in his head and he fell to the ice. I can't figure out when I really started to dislike him, but I hate him now as much as anyone else I can think of..

I think its because the league kma.gif

Just sit back and enjoy history!

We've been enjoying it all playoffs. 9 Straight Wins, Most goals in a series by Franzen, and watching several Wings make a stronger case for awards in the offseason. Its been a good year for Dallas but The Octopus is stronger than 33 years.

You know if you had him on your team and we had Holmstrom or whatever on ours you all would be reverse in your complaints. The fact of the matter is it was a bad call, just like the no call which resulted in a goal in Game 1 because Tomas was camped out in Turco's crease. Its a fact of life, humans make mistakes. It's gone more in your favor in this series, you can't deny that. You guys have gotten all the calls. Your team is good I can admit that and I knew Dallas had thier hands full coming in. Just sit back and enjoy history!

GO STARS!

Yeah to bad the miscall in game 1 never had much of an effect in the final score. We were already winning win that goal was scored anyway. In the last game, the no goal screwed us out of an early lead. Not to mention the Stars got away with everything but murder when it came to penalties in the 1st. The Stars are done this afternoon. Just face the reality already....

Not to mention we still won games 2 and 3 without our leading scorer at the time. What would your team do without either one of your "3 headed monster"? Oh yeah, probably look like Colorado did in game 4 against us.

Edited by marcaractac

What do you expect him to say? That he or his team got "lucky" by the bad call? Of course he's going to try to put as much of a spin on it as possible to justify that the call was correct.

That being said, it was definitely a bad call to me like most others. And I'm not so much annoyed that the referee called it like that b/c it is a judgement call where things happen so fast, what irks me more is stuff like that is not reviewable to reverse the call or make it right.

And while the referees certainly played some part in the Wings loss, they certainly gave the Wings chances to get back in the game or win as well, with extra PPs in the 2nd and a 6-on-3 chance at the end. Wings hit some posts too (Cleary, Holmstrom). So it isn't fair to blame the referees for the loss, especially when we have been all over Stars fans and media for giving the Stars "excuses" to lose these first three games, whether they were tired or didn't have all of their guys or whatever else. We're just doing the same thing here in the Wings loss and that doesn't make it justifiable all of a sudden.

Bottom line is even with the flooped up call Dallas still capitalized on fewer chances given them, and they outplayed the Wings that game in the grand scheme of things, blown call or no.

Move on to game 5 and look for Holmstrom and Cleary (and Franzen if available) to still be pains in the asses for Turco and limit his vision. This shouldn't change how the Wings play.

I agree with you, but you can't help but wonder what the outcome of the game would be had we played with the lead.

Doesn't matter now, I just want a fair game 5.