• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NHLrules?

Cheli, it may be time my friend

Rate this topic

I do think Chelios is getting less and less useful, but he minutes to show that. I'm not sure I'd bring him back for another year, but I wonder how much of this outbreak is the result of one bad decision he made today.....granted, it was a really bad decision, but these things happen and you have to hope that someone bails him out when that happens (Osgood).

Cheli is one of a kind, but a mistake like that is costly. he should have known better.

Frustration is setting in and it showed. I have a bad feeling about this.... :unsure:

screw this GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has had some horrible mistakes this year in the playoffs.

His age is showing, he is very slow.

I am happy he was here to show Kronner and the young guys some things but I think its time.

That is all.

I read the first couple of comments and realized I had to post. I agree he's been lackluster to say the least. Lilja shouldn't be sitting in place of Chelli. Love the guy, but come on.. he's looked like a statue on many occasions this post season and as much as I love the guy, I'm just hoping he hangs em up before we have to make him.

EDIT: this post was not just about todays gaff.. just my overall assesment of him as a player today

Edited by DYags

He sure didn't impress me today. I wonder if he needs a few extra days off to rest up...

They had two between game 4 and 5. Ain't gonna get much more in the playoffs unless you sweep a team or win in 5 games.

He isn't playing any better or worse than anyone else on the team. The last 2 games the Wings did not possess the puck as they usually do. They were chasing the Stars. All were making bad "old man" passes. All were skating "old man" slow. If you throw 24 under the bus you have to throw some others under, too. If you think benching Cheli is going to magically make everythig tighten up you are mistaken. He is not the problem here.

I love how these threads start over frustration of losing games. People on here try to pin the whole loss over Cheli making mistakes. There were many other aspects of why these games have been lost. Whether you want to pin them on a waved off goal or a dumb penalty taken, or just not converting on quality chances. It's a team sport, it takes a whole team to win it and to lose it. Awfully critical here!

Edited by miller76

I'm pretty sure Chelios is playing hurt. When they were out here in Denver, I went to one of the closed skates (it's good to have friends!) and he was moving very gingerly. After practice was over and they were back in their street clothes, he was moving very very slow. At the time, malt was out with a groin injury, but he was moving 10 times better than chelios.

It looked very much like a groin injury to me, but I'm not a doctor. Even a simple thing like him stopping to sign a puck for me brought a grimace to his face when he turned to face me. I'd bet good money on him having a pretty bad injury.

Every year it is the same thing. No, every loss it is the same thing. Who we throw under the bus. It is always someone. Hasek, Sammy, Cheli, and if something does not change it will be Ozzy. Hey and to each his own, I just get frustrated. Cheli can stay as long as he likes. I for one hope he signs another deal. I like to think I have a little better open thinking on who is to blame and who is not.

urTy bug bihos e who say he should have been out all year. Your memory is short and fluttery. Hhe inje came out playing great in the begining of the seasont he, died down a bit but on most teams would have been a 3rd line defender. Then when the injury bug bit, he was a top 2 defender and played the PP. Granted we were not winning but he was impressive without showing his age.

Maybe it was just a really bad game, but I cringed just about everytime Cheli was on the ice. I'd be surprised if he was benched, I'm sure he brings a lot of leadership to the table as well.

The Wings just need some sort of wake up call, and I trust Babcock/Lidstrom to step up!!!

I'm pretty sure Chelios is playing hurt. When they were out here in Denver, I went to one of the closed skates (it's good to have friends!) and he was moving very gingerly. After practice was over and they were back in their street clothes, he was moving very very slow. At the time, malt was out with a groin injury, but he was moving 10 times better than chelios.

It looked very much like a groin injury to me, but I'm not a doctor. Even a simple thing like him stopping to sign a puck for me brought a grimace to his face when he turned to face me. I'd bet good money on him having a pretty bad injury.

well he did miss game 4 of the avs series with a "lower body injury". maybe it is still bothering him?

IMO he was pretty awful at the start of the playoffs but (the game 5 brainfart notwithstanding) he has certainly improved his play recently. he is one of our best PKers and with limited ice time he is still a valuable player at the moment. i would still play him tonight but if he sucks and we lose then bench him for wednesday.

Yeah but this is 2008. He brings absolutely nothing to the game that Ericsson/Meech cannot.

I agree and don't forget Quincey !