• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cern

Wings/Blackhawks outdoor game @ Wrigley

Rate this topic

I'm wondering how a hockey rink would be arranged to a baseball stadium seating format, though. All the seating will be at strange angles to the ice. Having it at a football stadium seems like it would make more sense with the layout of the rink.

I'm wondering how a hockey rink would be arranged to a baseball stadium seating format, though. All the seating will be at strange angles to the ice. Having it at a football stadium seems like it would make more sense with the layout of the rink.

If you had the rink go parallel to one of the foul lines, than the people near home plate and along the foul line would have a really good view of the rink. However, they'd have to put temporary seating on the field for the other side.

If the rink went straight out to center field starting in the middle of the infield, the rink would be about in the middle of the field. You'd need your binoculars though...

I'd rather have a doubleheader at the BigHouse

Michigan vs. Michigan State

Red Wings vs. Leafs

Ive also heard Babs talking about this possible match up, and I think the Red management wants this to happen to.

Why don't they do this? Attendance records? USA vs Canada? Two excellent collegiate programs? It would showcase hockey better than anything else with the exception of Boston at New York at Yankee stadium, but that doesn't look realistic at this point.

Not that I'm unhappy with Chicago vs Detroit, but we've seen them play so much these last years, and its time for a change.

I'm happy for a Wrigley field thing, its cool, but I'd rather wait so we can host the mother of all hockey games.

I don't think the ice would be very good at all, by the time the second game started.

If this does happen, the wings better pony up and not play a bulls*** game against the hawks like they have in the past this season.

And I just think it'd be such a dumb move to put this on a baseball field, s***ty views all around. Do the Soldier Field, it'd be so much better.

Wings hosting at Michigan Stadium would of course be the best though.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Id rather see Detroit and Toronto in the big house, Chicago while an original six team just doesnt give me that excited feeling. Id like it to be a differant date as well, if my team is in a bowl game on the 1st I wont be watching hockey on my favorite football day of the year.