• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

We just need to relax

Rate this topic

Before this series started we all knew it was going to be a battle. I beleive most people were saying it was a series that could go to game 6 or 7. I understand that when we jumped to a 2-0 lead in the series that we got a little ahead of ourselves, and with the way we played those first two games you cant really blame us for thinking we were going to walk all over them. But since those first two games, pitts has played like the team we thought we were going to be playing. Their big guys (besides malkin) have started to step up. Crosby has gotten some good assits and Hossa has really stepped it up and has been one of their best players the past few games. Im not happy that we lost, and it sucks even more knowing that we were only 40 seconds from a championship, and it sucks even more knowing that we played almost a 2 game length just to lose in triple overtime, but you have to start and think....this is finally turing into the series that we thought it was going to. I dont think there is any need to panic though, as the pens would have to win 3 straight to beat us. The wings only need 1, which i think they can do on wed, but if not you also have to put into affect that if we do go to a game 7 that the wings have the advantage. We get to play at home in the joe.

I guess what im trying to say is , yes i would have loved to sweep the pens or beat them in 5, but im not ready to throw in the towel and im kind of excited that pitts is making this the series that it was suppose to be. With that said, im still fully confident that we can take this cup! If it means winning it in Pitts thats fine by me, a championship is a championship in my book, and we will be celebrating in detroit nomatter where its actually won.

Before this series started we all knew it was going to be a battle. I beleive most people were saying it was a series that could go to game 6 or 7. I understand that when we jumped to a 2-0 lead in the series that we got a little ahead of ourselves, and with the way we played those first two games you cant really blame us for thinking we were going to walk all over them. But since those first two games, pitts has played like the team we thought we were going to be playing. Their big guys (besides malkin) have started to step up. Crosby has gotten some good assits and Hossa has really stepped it up and has been one of their best players the past few games. Im not happy that we lost, and it sucks even more knowing that we were only 40 seconds from a championship, and it sucks even more knowing that we played almost a 2 game length just to lose in triple overtime, but you have to start and think....this is finally turing into the series that we thought it was going to. I dont think there is any need to panic though, as the pens would have to win 3 straight to beat us. The wings only need 1, which i think they can do on wed, but if not you also have to put into affect that if we do go to a game 7 that the wings have the advantage. We get to play at home in the joe.

I guess what im trying to say is , yes i would have loved to sweep the pens or beat them in 5, but im not ready to throw in the towel and im kind of excited that pitts is making this the series that it was suppose to be. With that said, im still fully confident that we can take this cup! If it means winning it in Pitts thats fine by me, a championship is a championship in my book, and we will be celebrating in detroit nomatter where its actually won.

AMEN

Thanks for offering a little clarity. These were my thoughts exactly.

Yeah I agree with the above poster about even number games. They cannot win a game 5 to save their souls. They have lost em all in this playoff run. But I totally agree, now that the bitterness has somewhat gone, the wings can win it anywhere and it wouldn't matter. I was talking to another hockey fan yesterday and he wanted it to go 7 games for more hockey to watch. But if it does go to game 7, I would be a little worried because which team would show up at the joe? One that gets nervous on their home ice all of a sudden? Or one that doesn't give a crap if it's home ice or not and just plays 60 mins of wings hockey?

Guest sykora=babe ruth

Yeah, thats what everyone said last year during the ALCS when the Cleveland Indians were up 3-1 in the series against Boston. Cleveland had aces in Sabathia, Carmona, and Byrd available for the next 3 games and nobody thought Boston could win 3 straight to win the series and go on to win the world series.... and they did beating Sabathia and Carmona ( the 2 best pitchers in the AL that year) en route to a championship....just sayin

That pretty much says it all. Best team = winning team.

Thats the funny thing. Im still so pissed that the Wings didnt win it in Game 5, but before this series started, I didnt even think we wouldve had the CHANCE to win it in game 5. I expected 6 at the beginning. Its funny how the emotion changes so much..