• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

Players you would trade the Wings 1st round pick for.

Rate this topic

a couple of players I think would make the team better should be kind of obvious. Of course it might mean some re-shuffling of the lines and that might not be possible, but what the hell...

The first player that really comes to mind is a guy like a Rick Nash type of player.

If this playoff run showed anything, it's that while Zetts can generate his own offense, the Wings, unless it's a broken play, still have a group of players that need to be, for lack of a better term, set up. Nash has never played with anything near a front-line centerman and Datsyuk is that guy. While giving up a late first-rounder won't ever happen (the CBJ would be nuts to do this), I kind of actually expect to hear this rumor when Nash's contract is up here (I can't remember if it's up after 09 or 10)....

Anyway, another guy, obviously, would be Jarome Iginla. he fits the criteria of a power forward you can depend on and having Zetts or Dats on his line would seriously help his offense. Add to that he's a pretty tough guy AND a fighter/grit guy.

There are also a couple defensemen out there, but I would go for the front-line forwards. You can't have enough of them and the Wings are pretty good on D-men...

Shanny- before you all go crazy, he said he left because the team was changing, and he wasn't part of the solution. He was still being relied on heavily for scoring and leadership. Now that it has been a few years, he would be a great addition to second/third line. He still fights, and put up nearly 50 points last season. Plus it would bring some more fans in for the regular season games, much like bringing DMac back did. He makes 2.5 mil which isn't bad for what he brings to the table

I'm a fan, and I'd rather see the team win than trot out old players for the heck of it. Besides, does anyone really think that many extra people attended the games to see McCarty slowly plod down the ice?

Good God.

This team has no need for Shanahan, especially if Franzen keeps excelling. He's old, he's slow, he's lazy, and his heart is, at most, only half in it -- and that's playing for the team he "always wanted to play for."

Pass.

To respond to the original question by the OP, I probably wouldn't. I'm not a big fan of mortgaging your future. One of the beauties of the Wings is how many players on the roster were drafted.

The 30th pick may not have enough trade value to get a proven superstar, but it is still valuable in terms of what it can do for the team in the long run. Six years ago is the last year the team could buy a championship. In the salary cap era, good draft picks are the way to feed the machine.

What kind of bread? If it's Pinini, NO DEAL! I like Lucic, but I love my Pinini sandwiches.

You love them so much you ate the a in Panini? :P