• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen-Man

Scott Niedermayer Has Decided To Play Again Next Year

Rate this topic

Yeah, I agree it is odd. My guess is that two things helped make up his mind faster, the team told him he had to decide and they didn't win the cup and in fact got embarrassed in the first round by Dallas - probably much easier to retire after the Cup than it is after getting it handed to you.

Which is why he probably should have just stuck with the Cup Win, MVP, and retirement. Asking to go out on top a second time might be asking too much...

Kind of reminds me of the Dom thing. Retired after winning - came back a year later - left - went to another team - came back... It wound up working out OK for us in the 2007 POs, but honestly things have never really been the same with Dom on the Wings since 02. Good season this year - but he got replaced and won the Cup as the back-up. Good for him still, but I'm sure it's not what he was banking on....

Could be the same for the Ducks - sounds great on paper to have an elite player back - but I bet it will never be the same as 06-07 for Nieds....

Pardon my french........But f*** him to hell.

He should be forced to sit out half a season just because of what crap he pulled next year. Oh, and keep his contract on the books for the whole year. This guy left his team out to dry and if he gets any sniff of a C or A then its a disgrace to his team.