Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

2008-09 NHL Schedule Released

Rate this topic

Guest Dump-N-Thump
will you be also planning the trips to detroit? hehehe

nope only trups

Guest mindfly

It's so lame.. why not start in early september and the SC-finals can start in late april/early may instead!

Wow. I can't believe the preseason games are going all the way to October 5. Why is the regular season starting almost a week later?

Honestly ive head Bettman wasnt happy with how early into June the playoffs were over so by pushing the start further into October it will extend the season at the end.

Guest Dump-N-Thump
It's so lame.. why not start in early september and the SC-finals can start in late april/early may instead!

its the american way.

Because then more of the season would coincide with both Football and Baseball, which are both much more prominent sports in America.

I am so pumped that the Wings are playing a pre-season game in Halifax!.. I have been a huge Wings fan for as long as I can remember and this will be the first time I get to see them live.. even though with any luck I will be able to finally go down to Detroit and see a game at the Joe sometime this year, this game in Halifax will be a great warm-up

Good for you! And you'll get to see some of our better prospects as well, maybe get some very nice autographs?

I love how fottbal is brought up in here.... Anywho, I think that haveing the season starting later will be better for the game. The SCF and the NBA Finals are so close toghther and it seems that the one that ends later gets more attention with the GP.

Does anybody agree with me??

I love how fottbal is brought up in here.... Anywho, I think that haveing the season starting later will be better for the game. The SCF and the NBA Finals are so close toghther and it seems that the one that ends later gets more attention with the GP.

Does anybody agree with me??

I brought it up for the purpose of explaining why the NHL season starts when it does....but of course hillbilly can't resist talking Brett Favre or saying "Go Titans!". :D

The fact of the matter is that the NHL is beyond a distant 4th to Football in America, and by starting the season in September you guarantee even less media exposure due to the NFL's popularity. Not to mention it then has to battle with the MLB's playoff push. Not so good for a business that already draws nowhere near the money the other two do.

Edit: Clarity

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I brought it up for the purpose of explaining why the NHL season starts when it does....but of course hillbilly can't resist talking Brett Favre or saying "Go Titans!". :D

The fact of the matter is that the NHL is beyond a distant 4th to Football in America, and by starting the season in September you guarantee even less media exposure due to the NFL's popularity. Not to mention it then has to battle with the MLB's playoff push. Not so good for a business that already draws nowhere near the money the other two do.

Edit: Clarity

hahahaha i still love ya!!!=)

Not outside of Detroit. Even NHL Center Ice doesn't kick in until the regular season begins.

Sad, but true.

Mentioned up above. Relevant, but I don't have to like it.

Detroit at Atlanta Oct 1 --> AWESOME!!!!! I am so pumped! Are tickets to preseason games usually cheaper? I wonder if Hossa will get booed (eventhough mgt traded him).

I have my fingers crossed that they will come down for regular season game, since ATL was up in Detroit last season.

Not outside of Detroit. Even NHL Center Ice doesn't kick in until the regular season begins.

Last season NHL Center Ice Online broadcasted most of the Wings Pre-Seasons games. Some of the games were not TV broadcast, but were stadium broadcasts, which was different. I would like to see the game in Halifax though!!

Last season NHL Center Ice Online broadcasted most of the Wings Pre-Seasons games. Some of the games were not TV broadcast, but were stadium broadcasts, which was different. I would like to see the game in Halifax though!!

Online is the key word there. I always buy NHL Center Ice via TV, which has yet to show preseason games of any team.

Lame.

What happened to the whole, "day after the MLB all-star game" talk?

The day after the allstar game is when the announce the big games of the year. then the next day they do the full schedule.

The day after the allstar game is when the announce the big games of the year. then the next day they do the full schedule.

TBH, its stupid that they do it this way. For Christ's sake.....like its that big of a deal to release the big games the day before the full schedule.

TBH, its stupid that they do it this way. For Christ's sake.....like its that big of a deal to release the big games the day before the full schedule.

Agreed