• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Slave

macfarlane collectibles?

Rate this topic

I'm pretty well versed in McF SP's, so I'll tell you what I know. The rumor mill is that there is an Osgood 2 coming in the next wave that has not been announced yet. There was a shadow posted on the McFarlane site that was supposedly the new sculpt for him.

As far as Hossa is concerned...the release of his figure at the time was very controversial because the sculpt was using the OLD jerseys, but released at a time when the NHL had switched to the Edge jersey. Since the All Star figure was the current jersey, it was a Edge jersey painted on an non-Edge sculpt. McFarlane had to get special permission from the NHL to do that...and it was a one-time only deal. I do not know if the NHL would approve that again. Also, with the possiblity that Hossa only will be here for one year, McFarlane usually stays away from those players (unless it's a Yankee or Red Sox MLB figure.)

Thanks for the tips...so what's your source? Do you have any links, I'd love to the the Osgood shadow. Also anything on Kronwall or white variants of the New Gordie and Lids?

Kronwall would probably be a case of someone they consider to be not well known enough to sell nationally. It's an excuse they use fairly often. Same goes for Homer, which I've been pestering them about for about two years now. There MAY be a white Howe and Lids...TMP is in the process of changing the way they do alternate jerseys...I don't know if or how that's going to carry over to the hockey lines

Here's the rumored Osgood shadow, along with a suggested ref photo someone posted:

nicesaveo3.jpg

7841964791.jpg

Edited by RoninJai

Kronwall would probably be a case of someone they consider to be not well known enough to sell nationally. It's an excuse they use fairly often. Same goes for Homer, which I've been pestering them about for about two years now. There MAY be a white Howe and Lids...TMP is in the process of changing the way they do alternate jerseys...I don't know if or how that's going to carry over to the hockey lines

Here's the rumored Osgood shadow, along with a suggested ref photo someone posted:

nicesaveo3.jpg

7841964791.jpg

Very nice....Here's to hoping that becomes a reality. Thanks again!

I just got the few Penguins figures they've released and have them set up against the few Wings that have been depicted from this year's team. Plus I have nearly a full complement of the 2002 Wings and Avs stars. I just wish they'd make a few more Ducks so I could recreate that great rivalry.

Heh...you have good timing. NHL 20 photography came out this afternoon:

nhl20_nlidstrom2_photo_05_dp.jpg

Holy moly, that's got good detail! When I was scrolling through this topic, initially, I thought this was a real photo of Lids.

If I got one I would take it out of the box. It wont be worth anything and i would much rather have it out on my desk at work.

I agree. I buy them for my kids and put them up on their shelves.

I have no issues with people buying them as collectibles but I have to admit that I get peeved when some of the freaks out there buy everything up in site so fathers like myself or people who just want to own them can't find any.

I can't remember which figure it was (maybe Datsyuk) but I was trying to get a Wings player and couldn't find one anywhere in a 50 mile radius of my home. Every Zellers, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us didn't have it. I asked one of the employees at a Wal-Mart "What gives?" and he said they have grown men waiting outside their store at 6am waiting for the delivery truck. When it arrives, they buy everything in site. Not just the chase figures.

He said it's uncanny how these guys know when the shipments of new figures are due to arrive.

I guess it's good for them because they might be able to make a few thousand 20 years from now, but it sucks for guys like me that just want to buy a toy for their kid or put some Wings/NHL memorabilia on their desk.

I eventually had to have my brother in Winnipeg buy the stinking figure for me.

hey guys. i lived in phoenix for year where mcfarlane is. fun to walk into the store to buy stuff. i spoke with todd mcfarlane last year and suggested he do a lidstrom with the "C" and then I told him i would love to see Yzerman in the Legends with the Game 7 slap shot against St. Louis. Now I take no credit for the Lid's, because that was an easy one to do, but I am hoping for the Yzerman. He is a cool guy and huge hockey fan.

I have them all, including the 12 inch yzerman cup, excluding the gordie howe one(s).

But I'm on the look out for an old hanson brothers set (variant with blood) where the 3 brothers combine for a corner of the ice. Anyone knows where to find one. Please hit me up!!!!