• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Where do you play?

Rate this topic

I haven't played in two seasons (sprained a knee mountain biking and never got back into it). Played at the Sportsplex in Bellingham, Wa. on a few teams in multiple leagues including The Black Aces (two titles), The Wings (Spring league title), The Sharks, and a company sponsored team (Tero).

Usually play D, but I really like playing wing. A few years ago my Fiancee and I were paired together on D, and had a stretch of 14 games unscored upon. She's a great stay at homer, very protective of her goalie's crease and pinches like a lobster!

Upper B for me, mostly former AAA and Junior players. We could probably be moved up as well as we are going to be playing some A teams throughout the season. Hopefully they will be sending us to Districts too.

I haven't played in two seasons (sprained a knee mountain biking and never got back into it). Played at the Sportsplex in Bellingham, Wa. on a few teams in multiple leagues including The Black Aces (two titles), The Wings (Spring league title), The Sharks, and a company sponsored team (Tero).

Usually play D, but I really like playing wing. A few years ago my Fiancee and I were paired together on D, and had a stretch of 14 games unscored upon. She's a great stay at homer, very protective of her goalie's crease and pinches like a lobster!

That's freakin' awesome. Any links? Photos?

Upper B for me, mostly former AAA and Junior players. We could probably be moved up as well as we are going to be playing some A teams throughout the season. Hopefully they will be sending us to Districts too.

Do you play in St. Clair Shores? I am out in Grosse Pointe home from college for a semester and I'm trying to find some pick up league to play. Assuming that registration and team openings have been ended for that league, do you play in any other more competitive pick up leagues that are drop-in? Thanks.

Do you play in St. Clair Shores? I am out in Grosse Pointe home from college for a semester and I'm trying to find some pick up league to play. Assuming that registration and team openings have been ended for that league, do you play in any other more competitive pick up leagues that are drop-in? Thanks.

Play at Fraser. Registered and playing, not sure about our roster and such though. Don't play in any other ones, had to pay 200 bucks for this one so that's all I can afford. I'm a fugging goalie, I never have to pay to play hockey, paying to play hockey has become foreign to me lol.

I play in Hazel Park, Labatt Hockey Detroit, B division. I'm on the Michigan Aces. Won a C-league title there 3 years ago and lost in the final series last year in the B division.

Most of my team has been together for 8 years. We've lost a few guys along the way (job relocation, college, retirement) and added some. Great group of guys. Hanging out in the locker room and the bar makes even the bad games worthwhile.

That's freakin' awesome. Any links? Photos?

Hah, glad ya liked it. IF I get the scanner hooked up I can scan the photos of our team pic with the Sportsplex Cup!

I'll have to see if her family took pics of our first championship game. Otherwise, no one is really around to take pics.

That's too bad. That would be awesome to play D with my wife. She can't skate forward, let alone backwards, however.

I got the idea while watching her play coed indoor soccer. She's hardnosed, very quick, aggressive, very protective of her goalie's space, and loves to go after the guys. Great natural instincts, including rubbing guys out into the boards, steal the ball and kick a hard around. It dawned on me that she knew how to skate and I was looking to play in two leagues already anyway. It didn't take much to convince her that she'd have fewer bruises from ice hockey than indoor coed soccer.

While she had a limited overall skill set, ( stick handling skills were never more than average for the league) she masterred some D basics, became really solid and consistant, and the team loved her. Everyone knew exactly what to expect from her.

Her first name is Jen, and her nick name quickly became "The Jenerator". We were so busy at that point in our lives, that hockey was real quality time for us. And I never knew a neck protector would look so sexy on a chick.

Thanks for your interest, Z. I'll always look back on those years and smile.

I grew up playing hockey here in southern California. I was a defenseman. We mostly played in Anaheim, Riverside, and Ontario. I was debating on getting myself back involved with the game, when I was in almost a life ending motorcycle accident almost two years ago. My lower half of my body doesn't work like it used to.

But the next best thing is, two of my boys play. My 10 year old plays Center for the league here in Riverside at 'Icetown'. My 4 year old is just skating mostly. I am teaching him how to stop and skate backwards. He wants to play real bad.

I play at a couple of local rinks in Grand Rapids. Been playing there for about 8 years since I picked up Hockey again after H.S. I usually play defense now, but I've been playing Goalie ever since I was little. Just recently started to get back into playing Goalie again caused I missed it so much :)

I play at Southside Ice Center in Grand Rapids on the Over 40 league. I'm captain and 2nd line center on the worst team in the league. Our record last season was 5-21-0.

But who cares how bad we are. I get to play hockey every week and drink beer in the parking lot after the games.

I got the idea while watching her play coed indoor soccer. She's hardnosed, very quick, aggressive, very protective of her goalie's space, and loves to go after the guys. Great natural instincts, including rubbing guys out into the boards, steal the ball and kick a hard around. It dawned on me that she knew how to skate and I was looking to play in two leagues already anyway. It didn't take much to convince her that she'd have fewer bruises from ice hockey than indoor coed soccer.

Brutal...better keep an eye on her :hehe:

I don't play, I coach @ Delta College. D3, but you wouldn't know from some of the facilities we play in. Ended last year on a 6 game winning streak, and are poised for nationals this year! We have around 41 games, so this should be a jam packed year for us.

Edited by Konnan511

Brutal...better keep an eye on her :hehe:

I don't play, I coach @ Delta College. D3, but you wouldn't know from some of the facilities we play in. Ended last year on a 6 game winning streak, and are poised for nationals this year! We have around 41 games, so this should be a jam packed year for us.

Ha, i knew somebody would gimme $h!t about that line! Good luck with your season, coach, and make 'em give you more than they knew they had.