• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFanInDC

Pictures from the final cup game vs Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Wanted to share with you guys some pics I took while I was at game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals vs Pittsburgh. They're not as good as my Caps pictures as I had a point and shoot camera.

Quite a lot of them. Some are good, some suck, most are average. Blame the camera and the plexiglass wreaking havoc on the auto-focus system. :D

http://picasaweb.google.com/bfguns/NHLPLAYOFFS#

As usual, if you want any copies, shoot me a PM.

Enjoy!

-B

Wow, the dude breaks his nose and loses in the SC Finals and still signs autographs and poses for pictures with Red Wings fans and Pens fans. Man, that IS class (you all know I hate that word too!)

Yup, That's Malone. He was probably the last person to leave the igloo. This was about 20-25 minutes after the Red Wing's team bus left. Everyone that was there was like "who's covertible benz still in the parking lot??" lol but yep, he's got class. He left the arena with his mom and grandmother. Classy guy, especially knowing he's originally from Pittsburgh.

Lot of interesting stuff that night, friend getting probably one of Malone's last autographs as a Penguins, and the pic of Hasek stretching out on the ice and really taking his time. I think he was thinking of how much he's accomplished throughout the years, and he was doing one of those *deep breaths* "this might be my last game as a NHL player...".

I hope to see Hasek play one more time somewhere before he finally hangs the skates up.

B

Awesome stuff. Interesting to see how nearly early player is drinking fluids once they've been given the cup (rehydrating themselves before they *really* get stuck into liquid refreshment? ;) )

Also Hasek gliding towards the mob - after the cameramen had got there.

You're a lucky man to have been there to witness that.

Awesome stuff. Interesting to see how nearly early player is drinking fluids once they've been given the cup (rehydrating themselves before they *really* get stuck into liquid refreshment? ;) )

Also Hasek gliding towards the mob - after the cameramen had got there.

You're a lucky man to have been there to witness that.

Yup, being there to witness it was really special. Seeing all the pittsburgh fans all bummed out after hours of relentless tauntings, priceless. :thumbup:

As for rehydrating, oh yeah. NASCAR drivers hydrate 48 hours before some races when the weather calls for temps in the mid 90's with 75% humidity. Imagine how hot it is in the car while you're wearing several layers of fire protection, and not to mention all the sponsor patches. ;)